assuming pierce is gone, and assuming for the sake of argument that his ultimate destination could be anywhere,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

assuming pierce is gone, and assuming for the sake of argument that his ultimate destination could be anywhere,

would you rather see him end up with a team like NO, Milwaukee, Cleveland (ie, a team with no real shot) or with a team like Miami where he'd have a great shot at a title? For me, as much as i hate miami, i'd rather see him go somewhere where he has a chance instead of someplace where he'll just fade into oblivion. i know miami is probably not a realistic option unless he gets bought out, but for the sake of argument...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: assuming pierce is gone, and assuming for the sake of argument that his ultimate destination could be anywhere,

he won't get bought out because he has too much value and buying him out would mean the C's get nothing and Pierce would get claimed by a lottery team. it's a lose-lose scenario. hopefully he gets traded to a playoff team and the C's get at least one 1st round pick. that 2 2nd round pick rumor is bogus, 2nd round picks are worthless, and Danny would let pierce play out his final season before shipping him for 2 worthless picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

Re: assuming pierce is gone, and assuming for the sake of argument that his ultimate destination could be anywhere,

In response to kaktug's comment:

would you rather see him end up with a team like NO, Milwaukee, Cleveland (ie, a team with no real shot) or with a team like Miami where he'd have a great shot at a title? For me, as much as i hate miami, i'd rather see him go somewhere where he has a chance instead of someplace where he'll just fade into oblivion. i know miami is probably not a realistic option unless he gets bought out, but for the sake of argument...

You can't assume anything. Most news during this week will be smoke and speculation. Some news may be based on reality, but will die on the vine. Very few deals end up happening and with a weak draft even less may end up becoming reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I would think in a weak draft more players like PP would find a new home because of the lack of talent to upgrade a roster.  

I would like to see him go to a contender other than the Heat, Knicks and Lakers (if you can call the Lakers contenders).  He deserves another shot in his twilight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Teams without a chance to contend should have no interest in Paul.

He is not a freaking motivational speaker. He is the piece that puts a close team over the top. I'm talking Clippers, Memphis, Golden State, San Antonio maybe Portland. 

And then there's Brooklyn (can't affod him), and who else? Clevelend?

I'd really like to see him in GS. Mostly because I want to steal Barnes away from them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather see Pierce on a contender than a lotto team for sure, the Clippers made so much sense. The only three teams I DO NOT want to watch him on are the Heat, Lakers and Knicks, anyone else is fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would like to see him end up where he fits best.  and I think Cleveland, the Clippers and OKC would be his best home.  

But I am less concerned about where he goes, than what we get for him.  I don't want any picks from this year's draft.   I would take 19 or 31 and 33 in 2014, but not this year.  A first pick in 2014 or 2015 from any of the contenders will still end up in the 20s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

how about pierce to dallas for marion, carter, dallas's lottery pick, and a future protected pick. gives them instant cap relief for their howard and paul sweepstakes, and gives the celtics picks and expiring contracts after this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

how about pierce to dallas for marion, carter, dallas's lottery pick, and a future protected pick. gives them instant cap relief for their howard and paul sweepstakes, and gives the celtics picks and expiring contracts after this year.

Marion can't be traded bc of his player option, the only way Dallas can get PP is to trade Dirk for him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to jrmccook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marion can't be traded bc of his player option, the only way Dallas can get PP is to trade Dirk for him

[/QUOTE]

it could be if he picked up his player option