Avery Bradley- a terrible businessman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Avery Bradley- a terrible businessman

of course the jury is still out on how good this guy will be but if he had stayed at Texas for his sophomore year he'd probably be a top 3 pick in this years draft. Texas would have probably gone to the final 4 and Bradley would have gotten a ton of exposure this year and from all the draft boards I read and listening to all the experts this years draft could be the worst of all-time! Now because he came out before he was ready, Bradley is stuck playing behind a 24 year old superstar and from the looks of the limited time Doc gave him during the year, his rookie season was below average at best.The guy literally cost himself tens of millions of dollars by coming out too soon.I mean how bad could the University of Texas be?? I'd give everything I have in my life to spend 1 more year in college. If I'm Avery I'm kicking myself everyday because of my stupidity. Avery not a good financial move my friend! You could have been an instant millionaire playing on a team that needs a point guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Avery Bradley- a terrible businessman

He's the latest in a long list of players who left university/college too soon for the NBA. Or even skipped out on university/college all together.

Improve your game, get a free education and earn a degree? I like that idea. Although some of the players are not that bright in general. If you're there doing a throwaway degree then leave after one or two seasons. However if they're  studying something meaningful they ought to earn their degree. Look at a guy like Dee Brown, average player, but a very smart guy. Stayed on and got his degree as well he should have. I guess the instant payday or the illusion of the instant payday of the NBA is too great a temptation for most guys. Can't blame them, but they should make the most of what teritary education has to offer.

The average person in the street would die for an opportunity that these guys are given. Because they can play sports the doors are opened to them. It's a strange system if you ask me.

Don't have anything like the NCAA in Australia, and I'm very glad about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Speaking of AB.. wonder if Doc considered playing him against the Knicks knowing how AB lit up the same players on the court for the KNicks a week earlier.

Sometimes you gotta say WT f and go with the gut.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

The way the second unit has looked in the last 2 games, Doc may as well give Avery Bradley some minutes. If anything, he can put pressure on the ball and bring some energy to the second unit defensively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Or he could have had a bad year and never would have been drafted, who knows?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

This is the playoffs.   Can't usually trust an inexperienced player who doesn't play much in reg season to come in a tight playoff game and play well.   Can't risk the turnover potential in a close game.   Esp since AB doesn't appear to be a true pg (who are inately carefull w/ the ball), but a ? combo guard.   He's quick but doesn't seem like he knows how to run a team.
       Other young guards are playing pretty good.   Bledsoe, Wall, Collison.   They seem to play w/ poise and make plays.   It's probably different if you're not on a playoff team.   I woulda thought DA/Papile woulda looked for immediate help (and not projects) for this team w/ a small window.   Esp since they've done a poor job drafting over the past few yrs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Why are you folks always counting a player's money? No one on this board knows his and or his family's financial siuation. If those of you who are critiquing his financial moves are so good at being financial wizards, why aren't you agents? Oh....just like figured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Is Bradley even dressing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes not a wise move...

of course he is still a very good asset to this team, with his age and upside he prob has more value than most any other player we could have drafted at 19...had Avery stayed in school..

so thanks for being dumb Avery. I hope that we pair you with the clippers pick in the 11-14 range next year and add a starter around the same age as Rondo, Baby and Green as we prepare for the post Big 3 era.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Bradley looks a lot better than most of the rookies I've seen come through here in the past. He's more of a SG right now than a PG, but he's already an NBA level defender and has a better jumper than Rondo. He's also lightning quick coming down the floor, just like Rondo. So I think he needs a good offseason of work, which he didn't get last year due to the injury, and he can crack the rotation next year. I like him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley- a terrible businessman:
    [QUOTE]Or he could have had a bad year and never would have been drafted, who knows?
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

Or had a career ending injury!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it is never a good business decision to stay in school. Take the money and run is the smart thing to do. Don't forget the biggest obstacle for Bradley was his ankle injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The sooner you get to the NBA, the sooner you can get through those first 3 years and become a free agent who signs for more money.  Stay in school and get hurt and you get NOTHING.   That's why so many come out early now.....the NBA drafts them based on POTENTIAL and you should go while your POTENTIAL looks high.  There's a long list of guys who stayed a couple of years and then never get drafted because after they become seniors, many scouts start saying "we've seen all he's got and he has very little upside".  Example, Scottie Reynolds of Nova or Austin Freeman of G'town.  Both projected lottery picks after their fresh and soph m years.  A year or two later and they can't even get drafted.

The kids have learned - strike while the iron is hot because you'll never know when you'll get another chance!