Avery Bradley - D League bound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : what would you trade for him?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

An 8.9 mill trade exception - LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

This is the year to find out.

Give him Doolings minutes. I'll take a kid who might become a good player over a 30 something guy who never was one.

The kid screws up a lot but the energy and quickness is there. Dooling looks shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

He shoots about as well as Tub Bradley did. Honestly, did a player ever learn to shoot while he was in the NBA?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : I would even give the other team a 2nd round pick just to take Bradley.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Who would be dumb enough to take that deal?!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : That's not true. When Billups was a rookie, shooting was one of his strengths. It was his PG skills that was rough around the edges.  Avery Bradley was never a shooter. Not in college and certainly not in the NBA. And at 6'2" he's too small to be a SG in the NBA. Ainge gambled on Bradley, it didn't work out, time to move on.  Investing on a 6'2" SG who can't shoot is waste of time IMO. Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE] Chauncey's first 225 games he bounced between 4 teams and couldn't throw the ball into an ocean. His fg percent those 225 games was under 38 percent. The comparison is that Chauncey's problems were between the ears and with Pitino, not one of talent. Given time, Chauncey blossomed. Chauncey was also a full 3 years older than Avery coming into the league. I am not saying that Avery is or will be as good as Chauncey. But Avery can take people off the dribble, play pressure defense and score at the Nba level. Twan does not do any one thing above league average and he has almost reached his ceiling. Avery so far has scratched the surface. Celts need to develop him, not bury him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

There's tons of guys who made themselves into shooters. It's work, but 1,000 shots a day usually does it. After all, it's their job.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    If Israel cut him why is Doc keeping him on the team?  
    They should cut him. He is a couple of years away from being NBA ready that is assuming if ever.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Avery will be alright...2 games and the arm chair GMs are ready to ship him out. Stay the course DA...they'll be singing a different tune by Febuary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Rkarp: how do you figure Twan (? Moore) has reached his peak ???... what are you talkn about?     Moore being an early rook does many things better than AB.   He has a better all around game.   (? can AB dribble w/ his L hand).... Hey, MrJohnnyMost:  please tell me some players who learned to shoot while in the NBA except ? DJ who was a good scorer and very good clutch shooter.   I know there has to be some.   I just can't think of any.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Dominique Wilkins, JoJo White, Larry Nance, Pat Ewing, Antonio McDyess, Charles Barkley, Adrian Dantley... even Allen Iverson. At G-Town he got his on steals and drives like Rondo.

Guys like Wilkins, Nance and Barkley developed jumpers to complement their ability to go to the basket. Sadly, once they started making them, they quit driving. We all thought Ewing was going to be a monster, but he started making J's and fell in love with it. Why take it to the hoop and get pounded for your trouble? Rondo will learn, or get pounded into a shortened career.

JoJo wasn't a big scorer at Kansas. The 1000 a day regimen with the Celts did the trick. He became a shooter with 20ft range.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : Guess you didn't see Avery Bradley play last season. First, Avery Bradley can't dribble. The coach of a pro-basketball team in Israel figured that out even before Doc figured it out. Second, he can't score at the NBA level because he's not a good shooter and every time he drives to the basket his shot gets blocked. I've seen a lot of Bradley as I have not missed any of the Celtic games since 2007-08. And third, yes he can play good defense, it's just unfortunate that the NBA is not the NFL and you have to play offense and defense in the NBA.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] C'mon. Understand the NBA game. No young player can produce anything the way Bradley was used last year. Celts need to commit a dedicated 9-14 minutes per game to him this year to a good 30-40 games. I agree, we haven't seen the production yet. But the athleticism and talent jumps out at us. Doc needs to develop it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound": [QUOTE]   Rkarp: how do you figure Twan (? Moore) has reached his peak ???... what are you talkn about?     Moore being an early rook does many things better than AB.   He has a better all around game.   (? can AB dribble w/ his L hand).... Hey, MrJohnnyMost:  please tell me some players who learned to shoot while in the NBA except ? DJ who was a good scorer and very good clutch shooter.   I know there has to be some.   I just can't think of any. Posted by docc[/QUOTE] I didn't say he has reached his peak. I said he is almost at his ceiling. He does not have any above average NBA skills, nor does behave elite athleticism. The NBA drafts based on projection able skill level. The NBA had 4 years to scrutinize and project Twuan, and he lasted into the 2nd round after 4 years of study. We're all teams wrong on him? Bradley has elite athleticism, quickness and speed. He can get to the rim on most any defender. He will develop into a similar defender to Rondo. Russell Westbrook could not shoot or dribble coming out of UCLA either. He is still only NBA average on both, but look where his athleticism has taken him on a team that knows how to develop and utilize his skills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Come on guys!!   You're gonna say AD couldn't shoot before NBA!!!   you didn't see him in college??   P-King?   you didn't see him @ GU?   Some of these guys didn't shoot like Larry Legend, but could still hit an open jumper easily.   Dominic!!!   just cause you have the ability to take it to the hoop, doesn't mean you can't shoot from the outside.   You never saw Nance play as a rookie?.....  As far a AB goes, basketball isn't track.   cause you can run fast and jump high doesn't mean you can play basketball (see 99% of football players).   I'm gonna watch AB I guess closer this yr (I can even watch D-league this yr) cause ?? he play more.   I don't know why he was drafted esp @ ? 19th.   I haven't seen glimpse of good NBA player yet, but I'll keep open mind.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley - D League bound:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, but this guy has D League written all over him.  Still can't dribble/shoot or create a play.  Why does Tommy like him so much!?  His D is pretty good, but he reaches alot which leaves him susceptable to cheap fouls. 
    Posted by rbrock911[/QUOTE]

There's no way he's in the D League this season.  He's gone leaps and bounds beyond his rookie year in running the offense and defensive schemes.  He has the skills to be a top defender at the PG position between his speed and eye for the ball.  He seems to have confidence all around but it's showing most on D and his drives to the hoop.  The only area he's way behind is his shooting and obviously we see what a PG can do without a shot (hello Rondo).  Not that I think he'll get to Rondo's level, but he can be a very good backup for this team while pairing up with Moore or Dooling at times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jason Kidd comes to mind number one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Good one concord.   And, Michael Cooper.   Both developed 3pt set shots.   Still neither can (could) shoot off the dribble (unless a layup etc)...a jumper.   The point I'm making is that non shooters who learn to shoot well are few and far between.   Sure we can think of isolated players.   Think of your rec league or afternoon Y games.   Shooters shoot and non shooters keep that rep.   RR during his career, has RA, DA, PP, KG, numerous assistant coaches around him and still can't hit a consistent shot.   He can't even shoot 60%fts.   The C's easily should have taken Jordan Crawford last year in the draft.   It was a no brainer.   DA can't judge talent.   C's will get no where close to another banner w/ he at the helm..... RR was pg in ? 1st/2nd yr and led the Boston3 to the championship.   Who thinks AB if put in the same position could come close to the same results?