Avery Bradley off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Avery Bradley off the bench

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : The problem with that is Bradley will not be able to start because he's still recovering from shoulder surgery. So Lee starts by default. The question now is, if Bradley is ready to play again will you insert him back into the starting SG spot even if the Celts are playing well and winning games? I mean Celts playing well and winning games, do we really need to make a change? The goal of the team is to win and play well. Why fix something that isn't broken?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You always put your best players on the floor.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

See your looking at it like since bradley's hurt and lee will be starting, we shouldnt make any changes if we are playing well. I understand that concept but my point is ,  If Bradley wasnt hurt hed begin the season as the starter. Do you agree with that? If you do then its fair to say ONCE abradley gets back to a 100% he should be the starter again.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Ok. Its confusing cuz it seems like a lot of people think lee shoudl be starting REGUARDLESS of avery bradley's health (cuz of lees salary, height, previous history as a starter). I do think its close tho cuz Lee is a good player. I just dont think his upside is nearly as high as abradley's. For avery to reach his upside I believe he has to be put in the best situation to succeed and that is with the starters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley off the bench": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : I agree. If Bradley is not injured, he should be the starter. We agree on that. What I don't agree is the need to replace Lee as the starter if the Celts are on pace to win 50-60 games. I mean if the Celts are winning with Lee then why ruin the new found chemistry? As OneOnOne pointed out, last season when Ray returned from injury, he started for one game then Doc realized it was a mistake. So Doc returned Bradley to the starting 5 for good. You don't mess with good chemistry. The Celts were on a 5-game winning streak, then Doc put back Ray in the starting 5 and the Celts lost, win streak snapped.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] We already know Bradley and Rondo have great chemistry! We know of no such thing with Rondo and Lee.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley off the bench": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : I agree. If Bradley is not injured, he should be the starter. We agree on that. What I don't agree is the need to replace Lee as the starter if the Celts are on pace to win 50-60 games. I mean if the Celts are winning with Lee then why ruin the new found chemistry? As OneOnOne pointed out, last season when Ray returned from injury, he started for one game then Doc realized it was a mistake. So Doc returned Bradley to the starting 5 for good. You don't mess with good chemistry. The Celts were on a 5-game winning streak, then Doc put back Ray in the starting 5 and the Celts lost, win streak snapped.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Ha, ha, ha! 4 of the 5 games you mention we're the Wizards, Bobcats, Jazz, and Timberwolves! Then we lost the streak by losing by 1 point to the Spurs. Good try but that proves nothing. If Bradley plays well with Rondo and comes back playing great D and shooting well, Doc will make the change if he thinks it's makes us even better. Bradley now has history and has learned the system. Lee will be new and still learning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bradley will start by Christmas, but it is noce knowing we have the trio of Lee, Terry and Dooling in the backcourt beside Rondo until Avery returns...

The backcourt without Avery (but with health - knock on wood) is better than the one from a year ago that had Ray, Pietrus, Avery and Dooling all battling injuries.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm putting Christmas down as the time i think he starts again, despite obv reading the same info as u

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]How many NBA teams have 6-2 SG as a starter? There's a reason why NBA teams prefer a bigger SG. Sure we want SGs to just shoot jumpers instead of driving to the basket. But if it's a 6-8 Joe Johnson shooting over a 6-2 Bradley, then it's a high % shot because Joe knows Bradley won't be able to block his shot!

That is right. When you are not affected from you're Ray-Allen-Hate or discussing with your evil twin your observations are mostly right on target.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : Joe Johnson is taller than Bradley, yet he didnt kill him at all. Not to mention Avery was hurt during the entire playoffs?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Ugh? AB was in major troubles at the defense in the playoffs and not only cause he was injured. He was undersized against the tall wing players of the opponents. AND he didn't defend Joe Johnson (Doc saved him from that burden), that was the only reason he wasn't killed!

Anyway, let's wait and see. AB was a great and pleasant surprise last season but it was just around 25 games, not a big sample size (his shooting from 3 land in the postseason  wasn't so nice either). It was the time when KG drunk from the fountain of youth, Pierce found back is mojo and the entire team was clicking. It was not only AB, it was the team that was hot. In the postseason he was injured yes, but he was also scouted (no easy back door cuts to the basket anymore) and overmatched at D due to his size.
    AB is young and in his second season and already had 3 (!) major surgeries. If he is reliable (both physically and as a player) remains to be seen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : A healthy Courtney Lee is better than a recovering Avery Bradley who will also miss training camp. I find it hard to believe after surgeries on both shoulders that Bradley will not be rusty when he returns. No way will Bradley be at 100% once he returns. And conditioning will also be an issue once Bradley returns from injury. 

We are talking about two different things.  The OP said that Bradley would get short minutes all year.  I am not talking about when he is hurt or when he first returns.  I am talking about when Bradley is at full health he will start.  Because he is better than Lee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley off the bench": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : We are talking about two different things.  The OP said that Bradley would get short minutes all year.  I am not talking about when he is hurt or when he first returns.  I am talking about when Bradley is at full health he will start.  Because he is better than Lee. Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE] Exactly!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : He is not better than Lee at this point. So far Bradley has never averaged in double figures in scoring. We haven't seen Bradley play a full season yet, it's premature to say he's already better than Lee.

That's subjective.  Bradley is already thought of one of the best defensive players in the NBA.   I agree that because of a small sample size it is premature.  But in that small sample size Bradley played much better than I have seen Lee play.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : How many games have you seen Lee play?

Maybe 30 or so.  How many have you seen him play?

As a starter in 28 games Bradley in 33 minutes a game averaged 12.3 points 3 boards and 2 assists.  He shot 50 percent from the floor and 46 percent on threes.  He shot 80 percent from the line.  He finished 9th among guards on all defensive team votes last year even though he had no minutes early in the season.  he is considered one of the best on the ball  defensive guards in the NBA.

Lee as a starter in 36 minutes a game  averaged 14 points 2 boards and 1 assist.  He shot 43 percent from the floor and 40 percent from three.  His D is good but doesn't approach Bradleys. Bradley is a one man full court press.  Bradley can also switch over and play point.

I think Bradley is better.  It's cool if you don't

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It's a real nice "problem" to have, though, isn't it fellas??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]It's a real nice "problem" to have, though, isn't it fellas??
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love Lee's game.

I really think Bradley is going to go off this year though if healthy.  He was starting to do so last year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : Yeah I love Lee's game. I really think Bradley is going to go off this year though if healthy.  He was starting to do so last year.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Still pis ed at Lee for blowing that layup in the Finals of '09!

25. This post has been removed.