AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about:
    In Response to AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : Bradley is undersized to play the 2-spot. DA drafted him mainly to serve as an understudy to Rondo. At the time Bradley was drafted, the Celtics were uncertain of re-signing Nate Robinson or securing the services of a veteran PG from the free agent market. Don't expect him to see much playing time except in team practices. It is common knowledge that Doc has a preference for veterans and does not play rookies unless absolutely necessary. Just think of Walker, Giddens, Hudson, etc. While Bradley may have been a high school star, that does not necessarily translate into his being NBA-ready. At most, Bradley is a raw talent. He will need to further develop his strength and basketball skills as well as mature as a person. A case in point is Gerald Green whose lack of maturity is the major stumbling block to a successful NBA career.
    Posted by edcap99

It is?

Two of those guys are out of the league (so far) and Walker is still trying to earn minutes on the "no D"  Knicks.  Bottom line, if he can defend, he will play.  I also disagree that he was chosen to be Rondo' s understudy.  DA took the best available PLAYER, not shooter (that would have been Anderson).  They say he is ready to play NOW!!

In your rant, you forgot:
    Davis
    Powe
    Gomes
    RONDO
    PERKINS
    Jefferson
    West
    Green
    Banks

Think he'd play DeMarcus Cousins?  How about John Wall?  IF Bradley can play, he will get minutes on this team.....PERIOD!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : I agree with you Wayne. I suspect that he will be gone in a year or two. I still have no idea why he was drafted over James Anderson, Damion James, or Whiteside. He'll never see the light of day...
    Posted by guyfromtex

Would any of these guys u mentioned see the light of day?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

for once I'd like to see a Celtics rookie play 70+ games and get more than 10 minutes a game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Doc was instrumental in the Bradley pick and I think he intends to make him part of the rotation. I disagree with posts that he will be groomed as PG and Nate played at the SG ... that would be putting your team at a disadvantage given Nate's PG skills and Bradley's shooting skills.

Another Scouting Report:

An athletic guard with excellent explosiveness, Bradley has a long wingspan which helps make up for his lack of height for a shooting guard (6'3 in sneakers) ... Bradley's biggest asset offensively is his ability to shoot from the outside ... He can hit from a catch and shoot position, and looks beyond comfortable pulling up off the dribble ... His high release and strong elevation, along with his quick first step allow him to create just enough separation to get off a shot ... He has basic ball moves when it comes to creating separation, but mainly uses his quickness/athleticism to get the room he needs ...What should make Bradley a late lottery to mid-first round pick is his ability to be a lock down defender ... He uses his long arms and persistent nature, constantly causing havoc for whoever is handling the ball... His off the ball defense is no different, and if you watch him follow his man around the court, you'll notice the focus and concentration he has on trying to prevent his man from getting the ball ... His defensive intensity shows he takes pride on this side of the ball, and makes it seem like he wants to be the best perimeter defender in the league, which he might have been his freshman year at Texas...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : They would if they play like Todd Day. 
    Posted by Fierce34

or more appropriately Austin Daye ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : Man. grate post, youse got serious skills. I luved reading dat.  I tink he [Bradly] gonna get some minutes.  Some o dat reminds us o who . . .  a kid named Rajon?  Got da same FT problem dough. Danny stole him.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Exactly ... can you imagine Rondo and Bradley running the floor with a Rudy Gay  type SF and a young KG ... good building blocks and both defensive minded. I think both will improve each year as the concentrate on their weaknesses. Remember how LB use to go home each summer and come back in the fall with a new skill added to his repetoire? If Rondo gets that kind of work ethic and it sounds as though Bradley already has, given his persistent nature, then we should have something for years to come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : Exactly ... can you imagine Rondo and Bradley running the floor with a Rudy Gay  type SF and a young KG ... good building blocks and both defensive minded. I think both will improve each year as the concentrate on their weaknesses. Remember how LB use to go home each summer and come back in the fall with a new skill added to his repetoire? If Rondo gets that kind of work ethic and it sounds as though Bradley already has, given his persistent nature, then we should have something for years to come.
    Posted by Mployee8

Well done! Have another Keystone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : Well done! Have another Keystone.
    Posted by LightSaber

Thanks Fierce, I mean ConnectingRod err LightSaber....hahaha, ky was right!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

ainge's draft gems have been few and far between. i don't have much trust in danny's ability to evaluate college players and draft wisely. he hit on rondo, granted, but that's been about it.  no one else ever sticks. and we make big mistakes in trading away young talent like walker, who actually could have spelled PP and given rondo a running-mate.
    Posted by kaktug

How many other teams that you know have done as well in the 2nd round of the draft as the Celtics?  Gomes, Big Baby, Powe, Walker (traded for), & likely Harangody and Erden will contribute.  Walker got us Robinson, who probably won the C's at least 1 playoff game a few months back if you forgot. 

Ainge built this team via the KG trade for guys that he got in the mid-first and second rounds (Jefferson, Gomes, Green, etc.).  The one year they got robbed in the lottery he began the whole process with the master stroke of trading for Ray Allen.  Yeah, the guy has no idea what he's doing...  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : This thread discusses Avery Bradley, and Tony Allen came into it, and people joked about the height of these guys with shoes on or off and when I joined in you write that I have ceased to be amusing? When you said that I have ceased to be amusing to you, what you tried to do is put me down.  When others joke about  the shoes, it's ok, but when I add to the humor, you find it not amusing?"  Is that it? And you portray yourself as a man of great integrity?  A John Wooden type man?  A Bill Russell type man?  Only in your dreams. In the context of this thread about Bradley and of this board about the Celtics you come on as a pompous, pretentious, above it all, man of high integrity.  In fact you are anything but a man of good character and high integrity as you proved with your little hissy-fit on the Tainted Championship thread yesterday.   It's there for anyone to read.  Unless you go there and delete it, oh man of great character, great integrity. It's great that you aspire to be a man of character and of high integrity, but don't kid yourself or try to kid anyone around here:  you are playing in the mud of the internet just like the rest of us, and you have a long way to go to achieve the type of character you may aspire to, that of John Wooden or Bill Russell. Just quoting them does not make you similar to them. So get off your high-horse and stick to the topic instead of trying to put down another poster who was just trying to add to the humor.   Learn from your mistakes, oh man, who supposedly always takes the high road.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Your POLISH, if that's what you call it, was a nice gimmick, son.  But it is old now.  We all know you can speak English very well-ski!

It is not  a put-down.  Myself and others would much prefer you to stick to English, it is your best language.  You are way too sensitive, even for a "19" year old.  I'm trying to help you.  You add a lot when you post in English.  The "Polish" is now old and tired, and not funny anymore.  If you made that same post in English, I wouldn't have responded at all.  So again, TRY to understand the difference between criticism and help.  Of just put me on ignore, I could care less!

And remove my quotes from your posts - that's plagerism.  Get your own quotes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Nice link...his jump shot reminds me of Jojo White floating through the air and releasing at the apex of his jump. That weak side block was sweet, too. So his dribble penetration is not great, that's what Rondo and Paul can do (and Ray as well)...but if the rookie plays D and hits jumpers, he's gonna help this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

In Response to AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about:
    .  .  . A man by the name of, AVERY BRADLEY!!!! No rousing applause? Well watch this:       http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/draft-preview-avery-bradley/12tt27y9

A highlight video doesn't show much.  I remember seeing an impressive highlight video from JR Giddens a couple years ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : A highlight video doesn't show much.  I remember seeing an impressive highlight video from JR Giddens a couple years ago.
    Posted by pinnacle10

Big difference.  Giddens was last pick in first round, and had a bad rep.  Also, no one talked about his defense.   Bradley had great workouts, was compared favorably to Wall, is friends with Doc's son, and all they could talk about is his defense, which wasn't even shown in the video.  He is a good pick for this team!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : Big difference.  Giddens was last pick in first round, and had a bad rep.  Also, no one talked about his defense.   Bradley had great workouts, was compared favorably to Wall, is friends with Doc's son, and all they could talk about is his defense, which wasn't even shown in the video.  He is a good pick for this team!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hope Doc gives Bradley a legitimate chance this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

ainge's draft gems have been few and far between. i don't have much trust in danny's ability to evaluate college players and draft wisely. he hit on rondo, granted, but that's been about it.  no one else ever sticks. and we make big mistakes in trading away young talent like walker, who actually could have spelled PP and given rondo a running-mate.
    Posted by kaktug

Rondo, Al Jefferson, Glen Davis (trade draft day still counts), Perk, Gomes, Tony Allen, Delonte....your not always going to get stars, but Danny has done a solid job and better than most GMs. The Celts have been picking late in the last couple drafts, Bradley is their highest pick in a few years, so hopefully that translates to court production.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to AVERY BRADLEY... The man everyone is forgetting about : A highlight video doesn't show much.  I remember seeing an impressive highlight video from JR Giddens a couple years ago.
    Posted by pinnacle10

This highlight video actually showed a pull up jumper with excellent form; that is a big asset in the NBA. I agree the dunks are meaningless, but the Js are meaningful. Too dismissive, look again at his jumper, you don't "get lucky" with that near perferct form and balance; this guy clearly has a very good jump shot; now if his defense is as good as advertised, then he brings an NBA ready game and the rest (ball handling, driving to the hoop) elevates him from a roll player to a starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree fubfal, Bradley's jumper did look good. Reports state he's not a 3 point shooter, but that's ok. As long as you can be a threat from 18 feet on in or so, you keep the defenders honest.