Avery Bradley Wins

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Avery Bradley Wins

Wow,  I am not convinced.  I don't see how he becomes a player of consequence he is not a point guard(which his size dictates) and if you have seen him shoot he is a very small two guard who can't shoot.  So he has to be another player the celtics see playing a five-five plan.  Put him on the floor for more than a few minutes you will get burned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

His style will be of little help against the better guards in the NBA.  Bradley and Rondo leading us into the future, and you can see why the Celts we so determined to get Paul.  A supporting big to play with Brandon Bass next year is much more important that training a player that should still be in College.  Could be like Tony Allen, about the time we have trained him, and he at last has a game, we trade him. At least three years to train Bradley and you can understand ,since this is our last year with the big three, why some of us can not understand why this going on at this time, next year mabey so.  More Moore, at leat let us take a look at him in some of these games where we are playing such weak teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tony could also guard SF's and it doesn't look like Bradley is any better shooting 3's

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" he is a very small two guard who can't shoot. "

Yup. 

"The problem is Doc and Danny already made up their minds, they're going to turn Bradley into an NBA player at all costs."

Agreed - they want to be the smartest guys in the room. They could learn from the Pats who are not afraid to cut ties or get rid of bad moves. They are determined to make Bradley a success when he is a very poor fit with this roster. And I'm not sure he is a fit in today's NBA, period. 

that said, he did play pretty well in last night's win, albeit against a terrible NJ team.

p.s. it's unfair to compare Rondo and Bradley - Rondo can run the point so much better, so he has much more of a place in the NBA. If Bradley could run the point he'd be a better fit in the NBA, though not for our team as we need a point guard backup like Dooling who can shoot and give a different look.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Ah so the board was wrong about Bradley. 
     Moore was a late 2nd round pick and him getting minutes wasn't going to make this team title contenders. 

The minutes Bradley is getting aren't a difference maker yet. You people had no reason to complain, because he wasn't Scal and taking minutes away from better younger players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins:
    [QUOTE]" he is a very small two guard who can't shoot. " Yup.  " The problem is Doc and Danny already made up their minds, they're going to turn Bradley into an NBA player at all costs." Agreed - they want to be the smartest guys in the room. They could learn from the Pats who are not afraid to cut ties or get rid of bad moves. They are determined to make Bradley a success when he is a very poor fit with this roster. And I'm not sure he is a fit in today's NBA, period.  that said, he did play pretty well in last night's win, albeit against a terrible NJ team. p.s. it's unfair to compare Rondo and Bradley - Rondo can run the point so much better, so he has much more of a place in the NBA. If Bradley could run the point he'd be a better fit in the NBA, though not for our team as we need a point guard backup like Dooling who can shoot and give a different look.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You talk as if Danny hasn't already shown he's not afraid to cut his losses -- vis a vis Gerald Greene, Nate Robinson, Sheldon Williams . . .    They must think he's worth putting a little time into developing -- either to be a contributing Celtic, or as trade bait.  TA showed that he had game the year Paul went down -- but then he got hurt and it took too long for him to get it back and then he wanted too much money.  We developed Perk and got Jeff Green for him (jury's still out on that one), turned Al Jefferson into KG, etc.  Let's not sell management short.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If he turns into an NBA player, he will always be a rotation guy, never a starter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Huge game for his cofidence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I don't disagree with all that you guys said. The problem is Doc and Danny already made up their minds, they're going to turn Bradley into an NBA player at all costs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Well it isn't fair to the kid or the fans not to try to do this... what should they do? abandon your hopes for him a month after his 21st bday when he basically missed most of two preseason training programs (injury last year, Isreal/lockout shortended this year)?

If  by 'all costs' you mean giving him 8 regular season minutes a game... in a season crammed with games and on a team with a 36 year old SG who needs rest.... and having two former great combo-guards (DA, Doc) being ultra supportive in a father figure kind of way... then they are doing exactly what they should be doing w/ the 19th overall pick.

If 'at all costs' you mean he is going to take minutes from Daniels/Pietrus when the games really count against the elite clubs in the playoffs... then that would be wrong... but I don't think they are going to do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]If he turns into an NBA player, he will always be a rotation guy, never a starter!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

He needs to be paired with a taller PG who can shoot...a backcourt bench of Avey with guys like Dooling or Delonte, or if we are contending in the next 1-2 years someone like Mayo... would be pretty solid

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't care how good of a defender in. He can't run the offense at all and last night was his fluke game were he actually put the ball in the hoop. Unless he holds the player to zero points the other player outplays him since he rarely scores and turns the ball over because he isn't a PG. Him and Dooling combined add up to 25% of a PG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Tony Allen was not a traditional pt or sg....yet he managed to make himself
    very valuable to the Cs when it mattered the most...I say let this kid develp further until he can  be ready for the playoffs..we could have used such a weapon against the Heat last year....Wade destroyed us...he did what he wanted...could be a valuable 6th man...Don't we need a stronger bench???
    I believe their (bench) job is to keep the score within reason or increase the lead if possible...and to let the starters rest...Easiest way to do that is to play D.
     But i do like what i see in Moore...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

KG and Pierce like him, they see him everyday in practice. They see how hard he tries and they know he has some talent, he's barely 21 years old and is probably more of a rookie then the other 2 guys. Give the guy a chance, or do you want him to fail, so you can tell yourself, see i was right!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not sure that bradley has the size to keep dwade out of the lane though.  I'm thinking he'd be suited to guard guys more like jamaal crawford.

The nice thing about TA is that he had enough size to cover bigger twos and smaller 3's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bozidar118. Show bozidar118's posts

What short memories it seems we have regarding TA, go watch so game film of TA's first several seasons, the kid could barely dribble and chew gum at the same time, he was the C's very own tasmanian devil, it was painful to watch, turn-overs, stupid fouls, he looked just as much a kid amongst men as AB does today, and I'd argue he was worse.

TA drafted in 04, a 4 year college player, coming into the league w/ 4 college seasons under his belt, at the age of 22. 

Avery Bradley, drafted in 10' as a college freshman, 1 year of college ball under his belt and at 19 years of age.

By the end of next season the TA comparisons will at least be fair, until then give the kid a break, let him develop.  AB is showing promise for a 20 year old w/ 37 NBA games worth of experience.  From what I've read, AB has received the praise of his coaches at all levels for being a very hard worker, gym rat, etc... he will continue to improve...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Give the kid a chance, remember before we had the good Tony Allen there was the bad T.A, give Bradley some time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]What short memories it seems we have regarding TA, go watch so game film of TA's first several seasons, the kid could barely dribble and chew gum at the same time, he was the C's very own tasmanian devil, it was painful to watch, turn-overs, stupid fouls, he looked just as much a kid amongst men as AB does today, and I'd argue he was worse. TA drafted in 04, a 4 year college player, coming into the league w/ 4 college seasons under his belt, at the age of 22.  Avery Bradley, drafted in 10' as a college freshman, 1 year of college ball under his belt and at 19 years of age. By the end of next season the TA comparisons will at least be fair, until then give the kid a break, let him develop.  AB is showing promise for a 20 year old w/ 37 NBA games worth of experience.  From what I've read, AB has received the praise of his coaches at all levels for being a very hard worker, gym rat, etc... he will continue to improve...
    Posted by bozidar118[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Not every early-entry (one year and out college players) will be an impact player right away. He has to develop a game and his body to withstand the punishment meted out in the NBA. Plus he'll have to deal with idiots like Joey Crawford and need help on deciphering what the rules really are from those Joey uses. That alone can confuse anyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Bradley's on the ball defense is EXCELLENT. He may not score alot but boy by the time they get into their offense the shot clock is down to almost 10 seconds. LOL!

He reminds me alot of Doc's game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley Wins:
    [QUOTE]A week ago after the  Celtics  were run off the court by the Hornets, Celtics coach  Doc Rivers  suggested that Avery Bradley ’s small role with the team was going to be reduced even further and that rookie E’Twaun Moore might see some time. Rivers ultimately stayed with his second-year guard, but his threat wasn’t idle.  “I just think sometimes they read the paper, you never know,” Rivers said. “Competition is a very healthy thing. But he’s getting it. No doubt.”   It was a classic old-school move by a coach who was reared by the masters of that kind of motivational technique – Mike Fratello,  Larry Brown ,  Pat Riley , etc. Rivers didn’t want to bench Bradley. He wanted him to understand his role.  Simply put, Bradley is a defensive terror, who not only possesses the physical tools to be a great defender – long arms, quickness and speed – he also has tremendous anticipation and awareness for such a young player. His job is to play fullcourt defense on the ball. It’s not to get steals, necessarily. If Bradley makes his man turn his back from the pressure and if the other team’s offense doesn’t start until about eight seconds have gone off the shot clock, then he’s been successful.   http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/01/05/avery-bradley-making-defensive-stopper The Celts are not showcasing Bradley or just experimenting with him. After reading that article I get it. Bradley is here to stay. He's not going to be traded or sent to the D-League. Doc and Ainge were not kidding when they said they believe in Bradley. So no matter how us fans are going to hate on Bradley, we will still see him play every time the Celts play a game this season. It is what it is. And as usual, the rookies, Moore and Johnson, will sit a lot this year.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

wow...i thought the C's ....won....are we trying to cause J-E-T-S dissention...

why can't C's utilize the skill set  of BOTH players...

bradley's defense and moore's offense where appropriate on

a game by game basis...that was RED'S way and it worked!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Allen was not a traditional pt or sg....yet he managed to make himself very valuable to the Cs when it mattered the most...I say let this kid develp further until he can  be ready for the playoffs..we could have used such a weapon against the Heat last year....Wade destroyed us...he did what he wanted... could be a valuable 6th man ...Don't we need a stronger bench??? I believe their (bench) job is to keep the score within reason or increase the lead if possible...and to let the starters rest...Easiest way to do that is to play D.  But i do like what i see in Moore...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

I think this is the asset they're trying to develop AB into by the end of the reg. season with teams like the Heat in mind.  For five possession stints he could become a very effective defender that tires out other teams 1's or 2's.  If he is able to come into a playoff game with a burst of controlled energy and haggle Wade, keep him on the perimeter, wear on him a little, so Ray can come back in all fresh and rain a few down on Wade while Wade is catching his breath.  

That's best case scenario.  But at the least he should be valuable as the season goes on by pressing PG's and limiting the other teams time for offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

He has a 6 ft 7 in wing span, but it's how he moves his feet that really makes his defense so tenacious. He just needs to settle down and offense and make the plays (and shots) that he can make.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]" he is a very small two guard who can't shoot. " Yup.  " The problem is Doc and Danny already made up their minds, they're going to turn Bradley into an NBA player at all costs." Agreed - they want to be the smartest guys in the room. They could learn from the Pats who are not afraid to cut ties or get rid of bad moves. They are determined to make Bradley a success when he is a very poor fit with this roster. And I'm not sure he is a fit in today's NBA, period.  that said, he did play pretty well in last night's win, albeit against a terrible NJ team. p.s. it's unfair to compare Rondo and Bradley - Rondo can run the point so much better, so he has much more of a place in the NBA. If Bradley could run the point he'd be a better fit in the NBA, though not for our team as we need a point guard backup like Dooling who can shoot and give a different look.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

They are the smartest guys in the room and know way more about basket ball than all the geniuses criticizing them on message boards.