Avery Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Avery Bradley

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : Avery Bradley at 21-YO has already been called "the best on ball defender in the NBA" by several coaches, players, analysts, etc. His shooting is exceptional and only deteriorated in efectiveness due to the gravity of the play-off's atmosphere and youthful nerves. We saw what he can do near the end of the regular season once he got over the first time starting NBA games nerves. 3's, ooops!, drives, D, and good court vision. His speed and athleticism is unmatched by any other Celtic, including Rondo who is second on the team in this category. He is proving to be the perfect compliment to RR, and once he gets his play-off jitters behind him, he is gonna be a monster! We will have the best 1-2 guard combo in the league, by far. The future is very, very bright.............AB and RR will be perennial all-stars together in short order. Book-it!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Yep, tend to agree, but realistically needs a couple of years under the belt to become an all star...would love it if he grows up quickly in the playoffs..already showing signs of that...but it gets tougher...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : Yeah, it was not a big miss with RR being out, but Bradley wasn't leading the team either. PP took over as both the facillitator and scorer. Bradley is an exceptionally talented 2-guard who has great speed, atleticism, and above average shooting ability, but he simply was bringing the ball up, and deferring to the free man on the pick and roll to start the plays. RR is truly the floor general of this team and our long term success requires that he plays, and consistantly well at that.
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Yeah the offense was out of sync all night...Bradley just is not the same facilitator that Rondo is..but i agree, theri talents are complimentary..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley made two blocks on the point guard that led to fast breaks in the fourth quarter last night. Does anyone really think Rondo could have done that? Point guards blow by Rondo all the time.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Because Rondo gambles and they blow by him..and quits on the play..
    .AB stays with his man, even as he get beat..and then makes plays at the last minute. as if waiting for the guy to make his second move..incredible instincts..never seen anything like it...even TA can't do that...he's more of stay in your grill type of player....serously how many players (guards) can say they blocked Wade's shot???not many...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

AB exceded (almost) everyones expectations by far. Although his shooting streak seems to be over. I love his defense and his effort on the floor, which helped to save our season, but he still has some major flaws.
    Some might be fixable like his ball handling. Can he actually dribble with his left hand or with the head up? Honestly, for his size, is there a worse ball handler in the league right now?

Whats worse: Some flaws can't be fixed: He is small for a starting 2 guard and in the first two games against the Hawks this became obvious cause the Hawks have big guards.

Still funny how people blame Ray for his ball handling and see AB in the HOF already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ortiz Go back posts from a few months ago. You said AB doesn't belong in the league. You flip like a politician, yet you comment on this board like you know what you are talking about, which of course you dont

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

these last two posts are killing the mood.

rkarp, a lot of folks buried AB early this year and have since acknowledged it and are moving on with what is.  the fact that you are referencing a post from 3 months ago in order to blind side someone and kill the mood here for something that has already been conceded is a quite ornery of you.  

Gasthoerer, what's your problem!  the kids on his way.  He'll come back next year with a better handle and his shot will continue to improve.  He knocked down a big shot down the stretch on Tuesday.  And it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from containing Wade.  I said, it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from making Wade look like the smaller guard on a few occasions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : I don't get what your point is.  Bradley is the Celtics starting 2 guard. He can fill in at the point but that isn't where he is best.  He isn't in competition with Rondo.  Do you think Bradley/Pietrus is better than Bradley/Rondo?  If so I am scared for you.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

just more stupid Rondo hating.It`s astonishing how little some of thr regular posters on here actually know about basketball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley": [QUOTE] these last two posts are killing the mood.   rkarp, a lot of folks buried AB early this year and have since acknowledged it and are moving on with what is.  the fact that you are referencing a post from 3 months ago in order to blind side someone and kill the mood here for something that has already been conceded is a quite ornery of you.     Gasthoerer, what's your problem!  the kids on his way.  He'll come back next year with a better handle and his shot will continue to improve.  He knocked down a big shot down the stretch on Tuesday.  And it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from containing Wade.  I said, it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from making Wade look like the smaller guard on a few occasions.     Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE] Yes, you are correct. A lot of people buried him. When I spoke of his athleticism, his level of play at Texas and in HS, and his needing a chance, Ortiz was none too complimentary in his chastising me, with a condescending comment like he knew all. Read his comments, on all things basketball, not just AB, he knows nothing about basketball, and I am enjoying telling him that he doesn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley may be better than Rondo.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Way too early to be drinking. Bradley is a nice player at this time, Rondo is an exceptonal player (with well known issues). Also, as noted in an earlier response, Bradley is a 2 guard and Rondo is a 1. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Gasthoerer, what's your problem!  the kids on his way.  He'll come back next year with a better handle and his shot will continue to improve.  He knocked down a big shot down the stretch on Tuesday.  And it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from containing Wade.  I said, it doesn't seem like his 6'2 build prevented him from making Wade look like the smaller guard on a few occasions.    
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    Problem? What problem? I said that he exceded all expectations by far and that I like his defense. But he is far from being the player people make out of him here yet. He might come back with a better handle next year, but it is as well possible that he might not (just like Rondo and his shooting). Actually, he is playing like a second year rookie who is draftet in the mid first round against the hawks. That is still far more than everyone expected a couple of month ago but it is just not great. Would Ray played like AB this series, you guys would be all over him. And against the hawks his lack of size clearly effects his defense (which is just average instead of great like in the RS).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : Problem? What problem? I said that he exceded all expectations by far and that I like his defense. But he is far from being the player people make out of him here yet. He might come back with a better handle next year, but it is as well possible that he might not (just like Rondo and his shooting). Actually, he is playing like a second year rookie who is draftet in the mid first round against the hawks. That is still far more than everyone expected a couple of month ago but it is just not great. Would Ray played like AB this series, you guys would be all over him. And against the hawks his lack of size clearly effects his defense (which is just average instead of great like in the RS).
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

I think youre being a little harsh.  AB is playing like a star sometimes and a vg player other times. His defesnse is usually there, he can shoot, back cut ,  run the break with Rondo... he's shocked me how valuable hes become.

Our defense has ramped up with him, holding down fouls on the big guys cause its not easy getting by him.  He can sometimes disrupt the opponents offense by himself.. remember jameer Nelson??

Without AB, I seriously dont think we'd be a contender... hes made that kind of difference.

And again, for the umpteenth time, nobody thought less of AB than me...  Crow needs some salt