I remember after the '08 Finals believing that Boston needed to draft a Center to backup Perkins. Perkins had injured his shoulder during the run to the Finals. While PJ Brown filled in admirably, Boston's interior was exposed. When Deandre Jordan fell to Boston I thought that it was a no brainer that Danny Ainge would draft him. After all, Boston was incredibly deep at the time and would have had the time to develop his talents. Jordan would have been a top 5 pick if he had stayed in college one more year. It was a no-brainer. Well Ainge didn't draft him of course and I believe that as a result Boston lost the '10 Finals when Perk went down.
Two years later Avery Bradley goes down and Ray Allen won't be coming back. Boston needs a backup at the two for insurance for Bradley's shoulder. There is a guy that may be there for Boston's 2nd round pick in Alex Young that would fit the bill, Boston may even be able to sign Jeff Green. One thing is certain, Boston needs insurance at this position.
Boston needs to fill a number of positions and should select the best players available. In my mind going with Fab Melo and Royce White are a given but Young on any other draft would be a 1st rounder...