BARBOSA. wants out.. Y are we not playing him over the un-RAY Jason Terry?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: BARBOSA. wants out.. Y are we not playing him over the un-RAY Jason Terry?

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/01/17/did-danny-ainge-deny-leandro-barbosas-trade-request/

this is not going good, looks like he is rightfully at the end of his rope. again, the celts are being vry un-belichickian like. no way the brazilian blur at full health is not BOTH defensively and offensively SUPERIOR to terery. he's exacty what we need. can shoot the 3 and he can  create his own shot.. simply unstoppable. he's playing like in his 2006-07 heights... we are playing guys based on salary rather than based on merit and performance.

barbosas simply unstoppable? wow thats news to me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I understand barbosa's frustration.  He should be playing more minutes than Terry and probably Lee.  Hopefully something gets worked out for him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I knew it would come to this. Doc wasn't playing him when AB was out and now there are no mins for him. I don't blame him.

Ainge probably wants to use him in a bigger trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wondered why Barbosa signed here in the first place.   This team is full of quality gaurds.  One of them has to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Honestly, KEEP barbosa. He is lightning in a bottle. He is instant offense. DOC needs to craft a lineup around Barbosa that can save us in situations when we are down by 10 in the 4th (BEFORE THERE IS ONLY 3 MINUTES LEFT!!!)

COMMON DOCY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I knew it would come to this. Doc wasn't playing him when AB was out and now there are no mins for him. I don't blame him.

Ainge probably wants to use him in a bigger trade.

Seriously,  you knew this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well Barbosa signed for the vet min. He is not goingto get anything back in trade because his salary is too low and he has a short term deal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/01/17/did-danny-ainge-deny-leandro-barbosas-trade-request/

this is not going good, looks like he is rightfully at the end of his rope. again, the celts are being very un-belichickian like. no way the brazilian blur at full health is not BOTH defensively and offensively SUPERIOR to terry. he's exacty what we need. can shoot the 3 and he can  create his own shot.. simply unstoppable. he's playing like in his 2006-07 heights... we are playing guys based on salary rather than based on merit and performance.

Doc Rivers is not a good coach, is stubborn and unflexible and doesn't understand what is a good player and how to use them. Doc has a script and plays it over and over.

Examples:

1. Collins is a at best a third string center

2. Garnet is supposed to play center or power forward, but plays like a guard

3. He doesn't understand how to use players like Sullivan. He should allow Sully to work out his fouling problem on the court, not on the bench.

4. Why does he keep playing Bass so many minutes?

5. He thinks he can win a championship with a bunch of midgets.

I could go on and on, but I am sure you get the point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

this is not going good, looks like he is rightfully at the end of his rope. again, the celts are being very un-belichickian like. no way the brazilian blur at full health is not BOTH defensively and offensively SUPERIOR to terry. he's exacty what we need. can shoot the 3 and he can  create his own shot.. simply unstoppable. he's playing like in his 2006-07 heights... we are playing guys based on salary rather than based on merit and performance.

+1!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Doc Rivers is not a good coach, is stubborn and unflexible and doesn't understand what is a good player and how to use them. Doc has a script and plays it over and over.

Examples:

1. Collins is a at best a third string center

2. Garnet is supposed to play center or power forward, but plays like a guard

3. He doesn't understand how to use players like Sullivan. He should allow Sully to work out his fouling problem on the court, not on the bench.

4. Why does he keep playing Bass so many minutes?

5. He thinks he can win a championship with a bunch of midgets.

I could go on and on, but I am sure you get the point.

i think you mean sullinger

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I have been wondering the same thing. Jason Terry talks more than he produces.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Barbasoa has STRONGLY denied this report. he wants to stay with Celtics. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Honestly, KEEP barbosa. He is lightning in a bottle. He is instant offense. DOC needs to craft a lineup around Barbosa that can save us in situations when we are down by 10 in the 4th (BEFORE THERE IS ONLY 3 MINUTES LEFT!!!)

COMMON DOCY

LOL ololollllls- doc "craft a lineup".

the only lineups he craft just skitter into and out of his mind like a fartte.

barbosa joins the ranks of the obviously unhappy and NOT FITTING IN here on the celtics- green, lee, bass, terry, barbosa...  hey, i thought doc was a "player's coach"?

he's a moron, that's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

COMMON DOCY

barbosa joins the ranks of the obviously unhappy and NOT FITTING IN here on the celtics- green, lee, bass, terry, barbosa...  hey, i thought doc was a "player's coach"?

It isn't Docs fault the Celtics have five gaurds who are used to playing big minutes.  One of them is going to be unhappy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

i think you mean sullinger

[/QUOTE]

So cut his throat for his mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

According to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald, Barbosa denies the comments reported by ESPN Brazil and claims that he wants to stay in Boston.

Ainge said Thursday he was unfamiliar with the ESPN Brazil report and while he has had discussions with Barbosa about his role with the team, there have been no trade demands. "I think it's been hard for [Barbosa] not to get an opportunity to play as much as he's wanted, but we have said from the beginning, even before he signed here, that minutes might be difficult to come by, because we were deep at that position, and he still chose to come here," Ainge said. "Actually, early in the year he played more than I expected him to play, and he played pretty well. So I think that we have had a couple of conversations, just about his role and where it went and he seemed satisfied with it. But he's never demanded or asked to be traded or any of those things at all."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

COMMON DOCY

Hey Acie,

I am getting to see your point,s. If Barbosa was in fact integrated into the Celtic scheme he might have made an impact. Not as just a one way threat but as a defender and a facilitator...he is quick,very athletic  and I'm sure willing to bite the defensive bullet. Why waste this talent?

I don't know about Doc..the only time he does really good is in last second plays but doesn't seem to have a grasp on the overall defense or offense including rebound  and fast break philosophy. Could be the players he has to work with..I don't know. I am not an expert on these things and do for the most part trust Doc but.... He doesn't seem to have a game plan that works.

Doc is Doc and while being a great players coach might not have the ability to orchestrate an overall plan, incorporating both offense and defense. JMHO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Doc even said in his post game conference that he should've put Barbosa in earlier. Darko left because he wasn't playing. Granted we don't need any big centers. We're loaded with them. Collins and 'I'm on the disabled list again' Wilcox. Barbosa scored 7 points in a little over 2 minutes last night. Better than Green's 20+ minutes and Lee and Bradley and Bass.

I don't understand Doc sometimes. I'd hate to be a rookie on his team. His son played as many minutes as Jeff Green did. Guess the Pelicans coach is a dufus ?

this is not going good, looks like he is rightfully at the end of his rope. again, the celts are being vry un-belichickian like. no way the brazilian blur at full health is not BOTH defensively and offensively SUPERIOR to terery. he's exacty what we need. can shoot the 3 and he can  create his own shot.. simply unstoppable. he's playing like in his 2006-07 heights... we are playing guys based on salary rather than based on merit and performance.

barbosas simply unstoppable? wow thats news to me

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Simple way to look at this. As soon as Barbosa became a Celtic he played and lit it up.. if you recall.  So Doc did his usual brilliant coaching and benched the guy. Now Barbosa is in Darko territory....

So there are reports  of Barbosa denying saying this huh.. I doubt those reports are accurate... but if they were, I betcha Barbosa feels that way anyhow...just hasnt gone public with it.

Thanks Doc, stick with your script no matter what anybody has been doing on the court..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

If I were him I'd want out too

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah Doc has no idea what he is doing. The guy has never won anything.

25. This post has been removed.