Barnes headed to the Lakers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Barnes headed to the Lakers?

They can have him. Barnes who is just a solid roll player is acting like a star with his free agent antics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Barnes headed to the Lakers?

Just saw this on the yahoo site,   I hope it is not true.

Barnes considers signing with Lakers

Unless the Cleveland Cavaliers raise their current multiyear offer to Matt Barnes(notes) on Thursday, the free-agent forward plans to sign a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are offering as much as a three-year deal that starts around $3.5 million a season, but Barnes wants more money if he’s going to sign with a non-championship contender, sources said. Barnes would take a $1.7 million deal to join the Lakers.

Barnes had a two-year, $9 million deal with the Toronto Raptors fall apart when the Orlando Magic didn’t have enough salary-cap room available to do a sign-and-trade.

Barnes averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds in 81 games last season for the Magic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Barnes headed to the Lakers?:
    Bobby Simmons, Josh Howard, Rodney Carney, Damien Wilkens, T. Mac, Jarvis Hayes and a few others I'm not interested in.    I hope a trade with Sheed's contract for J. Howard is still in the works. J. Howard is 3x the player Barnes ever was. I think Bobby Simmons is as good as Barnes.
    Posted by mem17

I agree. The only issue I have with J. Howard is injury history. But at this point in time, Celtics need to make a move soon before someone else snatches him or any other good swingmen available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Bobby Simmons, Josh Howard, Rodney Carney, Damien Wilkens, T. Mac, Jarvis Hayes and a few others I'm not interested in.
       I hope a trade with Sheed's contract for J. Howard is still in the works. J. Howard is 3x the player Barnes ever was. I think Bobby Simmons is as good as Barnes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I hope not, we need him more than the Lakers do.

What other good swingmen are still on the market?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Barnes is a Cali kid, & I honestly beieve he care more about the chance to win that the money....He has shown that a few years in a row now. The only way he goes to a bum squad is if he is given an offer he cannot refuse...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Barnes is a Cali kid, & I honestly beieve he care more about the chance to win that the money....He has shown that a few years in a row now. The only way he goes to a bum squad is if he is given an offer he cannot refuse...
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

The Godfather Vito Corleogne type of "make him an offer he can't refuse" was to have a hitman tell a guy with a gun to his head that either your signature or your brains are going to be on that contract. The Godfather is one of my favorite movies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp0416. Show jp0416's posts

BEnch players are the key to maintain success till finals for celtics

H! im from the Phliippines and Im a loyal BOSTON CELTICS fan since the days of Larry Bird...my concern is the celtics is in dire need of role players...( yeah, we all know that already!) ... i have some "likes" if financially the could work it out with these guys.... SUN YUE, MATT BARNES, DAHNTAY JONES, JAMARIO MOON, MARCIN GORTAT, BORIS DIAW.... they are not really flashy players but they usually get the job done once they are given there assignments... just an opinion...Sealed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: BEnch players are the key to maintain success till finals for celtics

In Response to BEnch players are the key to maintain success till finals for celtics:
    H! im from the Phliippines and Im a loyal BOSTON CELTICS fan since the days of Larry Bird...my concern is the celtics is in dire need of role players...( yeah, we all know that already!) ... i have some "likes" if financially the could work it out with these guys.... SUN YUE, MATT BARNES, DAHNTAY JONES, JAMARIO MOON, MARCIN GORTAT, BORIS DIAW.... they are not really flashy players but they usually get the job done once they are given there assignments... just an opinion...
        It's good to hear again from our friends from the Philippines. I'm aware we have many good Celtics fans from the Philippines. Jump on in and join us more often in our chats.
    Posted by jp0416

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Considering he would have to play in Cleveland, and the money is not like Toronto money he is as good as gone.  The Lakers are not a lock as Barnes if the money is superior here he would come to the Celtics.  That's the question. What can we offer 1.6 the same as the Lakers? If so than he is probably on his way to Los Angeles. I am getting concerned  that everytime we miss out on a  good role player, many on the BB just act like we will just end up doing better.  I hope this is true but logic says otherwise.  We lost TA and are missing out on good replacement after good replacement. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

They can have him. Barnes who is just a solid roll player is acting like a star with his free agent antics.
    Posted by mem17

Seems to me that he was never serious about the Celtics especially knowing that he would sign for the minimum with the Lakers.......why wouldnt he do that weeks ago when the Celts were one of two teams he was looking at and the Lakers were not even in the picture.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Considering he would have to play in Cleveland, and the money is not like Toronto money he is as good as gone.  The Lakers are not a lock as Barnes if the money is superior here he would come to the Celtics.  That's the question. What can we offer 1.6 the same as the Lakers? If so than he is probably on his way to Los Angeles. I am getting concerned  that everytime we miss out on a  good role player, many on the BB just act like we will just end up doing better.  I hope this is true but logic says otherwise.  We lost TA and are missing out on good replacement after good replacement. 
    Posted by concord27

Yes, we could really use a defensive swing man.

I'm not sure why we let Tony Allen go for just $3.33 million per year... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It appears to have been a mistake but maybe as many on the BB seem to think Danny has something better planned.