Bass and Terry should start

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Bass and Terry should start

Wilcox is just coming around to getting in game shape..otherwise he would play a lot more..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

At this point, yes.  No point in worrying about second unit scoring if your first unit isn't scoring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Start Bass and Terry.  Make Green the absolute focal point of the offense on the second unit and see what he can do.  If he can't do it, than at least we'll know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

We also have no idea what Sullinger can do offensively because he is not getting any opportunity to show us.  I agree he shouldn't play center, but he may be able to supply offense on the second unit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Bass and Terry start, who will score for the 2nd unit?

Agree that Sully should not play the 5 and it should be Wilcox.

[/QUOTE]
    Wilcox definitely should be playing the 5.  It is good to have him back and he appears to be getting better every game. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Sully isn't ready to start.  he defers to the vets.  Put Bass back in and let Sully, Green, and Terry be the focal points of the 2nd unit.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, yes.  No point in worrying about second unit scoring if your first unit isn't scoring.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. The second unit can't be expected to make up the ground lost be the first unit. You want your best players on the floor at the start and at the end.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass is really expendable. Against the Sixers, he only had 2 rebounds. Every time he's in the game, the Celts struggle to rebound the ball.

We've already seen Bass' maximum potential. The Celts need someone better.

[/QUOTE]

overall, bass has played pretty well so far this season. I think sully should learn the NBA game against other second stringers (for now).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Bass needs to start.  You cannot look at last night's numbers because if you look at those, NOBODY rebounded except KG and he only got 10.  Our next highest was 4 rebounds.  Nobody is rebounding.

Sully will be better suited on the 2nd unit.  He's not ready to start.  Lee needs to continue to start.  He just needs to stay more involved like he CAME OUT last night.  He came out hitting his first 3 shots or so but ended the game with just 5 shots.

Seems that Doc is still trying to figure out the best rotations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You know its like Doc said it doesn't matter who starts and they start making changes 5 minutes into the game.  As I recall we have started out the last 3 games I believe with pretty good leads at the first of the game.  Its when KG goes out and Kirks plus minus he is so high on shows that our lead dwindles immediately after he goes out.  I am fine with Sully continuing to start.  If he is playing well let him continue to play,  if not sit him down until the next game.  We can't continue to not use the young guys we draft every year.

Then end of games Doc has pretty much went with last years lineup anyway other than Terry.  Lee starts the game and there is no telling how much more he is going to play in that half.

Its very easy to second guess Doc.  I second guess him as well but he does have a pretty good track record.  The quotes that bother me are "Doc doesn't get it" type quotes.  Doc has forgotten more about ball than probably anyone on this board.  Is he always right?  No

Again I will say lets be patient,  we just need to get some chemistry.  Not sure we will with this group but I am still optimistic.  They say it takes time,  for some yes and some no.  Didn't take us long in 08.  The Knicks seem to be doing better than I ever imagined.  Of course I think a lot of that is Amare.  They played better without him last year and (and Melo as well) . 

Oh well I am through rambling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Right now Terry should start. We face two losses by Monday.  Lee may actually play a lot better on the second unit against other subs.  He is a decent player who is out of sync in the starting line up. 

Bass should not even be a starter, he is another very good sub. The problem is Green who should be in there as a starter is not getting the chance.

Start Terry and Green and see what happens. Sully needs to come of the bench.  He is getting as irrelevant as Green.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Agree kirk. Terry and bass should start. We desperately need terry's shooting to space the floor and hes been pretty active on defense. Sully is playing well but he doesnt get any post up opportunities at all. Only so much u can do with 4 shots per game.  If u aint gonna get him some shots u might as well put bass in and get better defense and spacing on the floor.

Also this might allow j green to be the offensive focal point on the 2nd unit.   It might help, he cant play any worse. Hes been by far the most dissapointing. Not that im surprised hes always been a bench player. Now hes a $9mill per year bench player.

FIERCEST34 have to call u out on 2 things. U said jgreen got fair market value, even tho no team presented any actual offer let alone for $9 mill per. WAY OFF on that one. U also argued that bradley wouldnt be handed over the starting 2 spot when he got back. U will be proven wrong on that one too.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.