Bass for Ariza

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Bass for Ariza

Saw this talked about on a Wizzards board. They need depth behind Nene at the PF spot and now that they signed Webster and have Otto Porter Jr, they don't really need Ariza. He is an expiring contract, so maybe we ask for a pick as well? It gets rid of money and part of the logjam at PF, though creating one at SF.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Bass for Ariza

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/7/2/4488116/washington-wizards-salary-martell-webster-eric-maynor

this is where I stole the idea (comments section)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I like it. C's have a glut at the PF spot, but if they manage to flip Wallace, they'll need a backup SF. Ariza could also be a valuable piece at the deadline if they find a good trade partner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

as long as Boston gets a young prospect or pick. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Nit witt, stop wasting everybodies time finding the autistic offspring of memes. It took my three seconds to start this post and its an interesting idea. I'm not saying Ariza is the magic beans for a championship, but the need to reshape & trim our roster is clear. And Bass is in the crosshairs.

Also, I am watching the sox 4-0. Best team in baseball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nit witt, stop wasting everybodies time finding the autistic offspring of memes. It took my three seconds to start this post and its an interesting idea. I'm not saying Ariza is the magic beans for a championship, but the need to reshape & trim our roster is clear. And Bass is in the crosshairs.

[/QUO

It's a hopeless idea...it will never happen..not ever, not now, not in the future...it's typed  loose stool....I think I know who the nitwit is...I've been reading these endless posts regarding proposed trades for days now...none will happen, none make sense...they are going to win far fewer than 30 games this year ENTIRELY BY DESIGN...and that's a good thing...you don't get it...you must have season tickets...LMFAO!

Nothing has happen in this off season to point to the fact the Celtics are going to try to lose. They got worse, yes, but they went from the middle of the pack to the 8 seed. Too much needs to happen for this team to win less than 30 games. Let say the C's don't make the playoff, like I said I can't see that happening right now, they would still wouldn't be a top 10 drafter. We get you want to them to tank. Until it becomes evident they are tanking please stop being this annoying, please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's a good trade for both teams.

Agreed. Ainge should do this trade

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Didn't Ariza miss half of last season with a heart problem?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUO

It's a hopeless idea...it will never happen..not ever, not now, not in the future...it's typed  loose stool....I think I know who the nitwit is...I've been reading these endless posts regarding proposed trades for days now...none will happen, none make sense...they are going to win far fewer than 30 games this year ENTIRELY BY DESIGN...and that's a good thing...you don't get it...you must have season tickets...LMFAO!

Nothing has happen in this off season to point to the fact the Celtics are going to try to lose. They got worse, yes, but they went from the middle of the pack to the 8 seed. Too much needs to happen for this team to win less than 30 games. Let say the C's don't make the playoff, like I said I can't see that happening right now, they would still wouldn't be a top 10 drafter. We get you want to them to tank. Until it becomes evident they are tanking please stop being this annoying, please.

[/QUOTE]

I'm entitled to my opinion as is anyone here...too bad you don't want to hear it...you don't like what you read, you don't like the truth, put me on ignore...PLEASE put me on ignore...as I will you, right now (press key NOW!)

AHHHHH...that feels better already!

If you don't think they are trying to tank to get into the best lottery in years you have no clue about basketball...without a star they'll never be in the playoffs again...without a star they'll never be able to put packages together to get the players they need to WIN a championship...a collection of #1's in the late teens and 20's won't get it done...so all you who want to stay in candyland and dream of the idiotic trades like " Avery Bradley and a wombat for LeBron James" go ahead, keep floatin' those sad pipe dreams...but they will NOT try to improve the team before next year...and that's BANK!

AND PUUUULLLLEEEEEEEZEEEEE...Rondon't is NOT a star...he'll be here until he proves he can run and cut on that bum wheel, then he'll be traded before the trade deadline. Get rid of the malcontent head case...did you know that Doc threw him off the bench during the playoffs because he was calling out the team's plays?.......He's in street clothes trying to show up the coach when the opponent is in the end of the court near the C's bench and they all know the plays by heart...just great leadership, right?!....oh yeah, he's team captain material if you ask me...that was Felgie& Mazz yesterday for all you "you're lyin'" kiddies out there...and that's why I call him "RONDON'T"

[/QUOTE]

You are such a child.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I thought a board like this was supposed to give Celtics fans an opportunity to posit ideas for discussion - I hope no one is so deluded to think he/she is really in a position to make trades, draft players, and sign FAs.  Anyone can publically dream as he/she sees fit; therefore overreacting to the idea(s) and the poster is out of proportion and out of touch with reality.  

If such a simple, direct trade were made, it would be to help the Celtics, not for fans' self-aggrandizement or as an ego boost to someone on this board.  Things get way too personal - this is supposed to be entertainment, after all. 

Whether the Red Sox are playing or not, people can still think about the Celtics.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

We have Jeff Green and G Wallace at the SF spot.  Danny will probably trade Bass for an average PG instead.  Someone that turns over the ball often...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I like this trade because he is expiring but I wouldn't worry about Ariza making the team any better.  Ariza is a phony, he won't help you win sh!t.  Brandon Bass is actually the better player at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Any trade that the Celtics can make for an expiring contract (outside of Rondo) is a good one.

I think that Bass is likely to be moved because he is serviceable. 

I would like to see swapping Bass (6), Lee (5) and Rondo (11) to Detroit for Stuckey (8.5, expiring), Villanueva (8.5, expiring), and either Drummond (2.5) or Monroe (3.2). OR Bass/Rondo/Lee for Stuckey/Villanueva, an unprotected 2014 #1 pick, either Knight or Caldwell-Pope and a protected future pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Moving Bass, Lee, Wallace and guys like that are done to get younger.  Expiring contracts are nice.  Draft picks are nice.  Young solid players are better.  Lets not forget the one simple fact here guys.  The C's have to rebuild.  They were not going to get better.  They were old.  The goal is to get younger and better as fast as possible.  If that means they can make a couple of trades that make them younger and better now that is great.  If they take a couple of years then so be it.  I bet DA would trade anything he has to get a DH, JS, AB, JG, rondo team next year.  If that means every other player, draft pick, or cash to do it he would in a second.  The goal is to get better and win as fast as possible.  They are not trying to lose, unless it just happens to be what happens on the way to get better and younger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

Any trade that the Celtics can make for an expiring contract (outside of Rondo) is a good one.

I think that Bass is likely to be moved because he is serviceable. 

I would like to see swapping Bass (6), Lee (5) and Rondo (11) to Detroit for Stuckey (8.5, expiring), Villanueva (8.5, expiring), and either Drummond (2.5) or Monroe (3.2). OR Bass/Rondo/Lee for Stuckey/Villanueva, an unprotected 2014 #1 pick, either Knight or Caldwell-Pope and a protected future pick.

You must have been reading my trade ideas in 3 different threads the last 3 days... only difference was I included Wallace over Bass

22. This post has been removed.