Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

As has been said before any time you can exchange change for a larger value coin/dollar bill, it is a good trade.  The character of the team will change if this trade happens.  There will be a large adjustment time with Sully figuring out how to deal with all the stretch 3's in the game.  Also, the offensive game plan will have to change.

This will not be a win now trade.  On the contrary, this may lead to many more losses.  But the salary structure cleans up better in 2015.  And there will be more trades to come.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As has been said before any time you can exchange change for a larger value coin/dollar bill, it is a good trade.  The character of the team will change if this trade happens.  There will be a large adjustment time with Sully figuring out how to deal with all the stretch 3's in the game.  Also, the offensive game plan will have to change.

This will not be a win now trade.  On the contrary, this may lead to many more losses.  But the salary structure cleans up better in 2015.  And there will be more trades to come.

[/QUOTE]

Good analogy. 

Asik is a $0.50 piece.

Bass is a quarter and Lee a dime.

Now the Clippers '15 pick would probably be another dime (picks 23-30 next year) but in the loaded draft class of 2014, the lesser of the Hawks/Nets picks and our own pick (say we get seed 5-7) probably both end up in the 16-22 range and either a quarter or another 50 piece.

That is why Danny is reluctant to include a pick from this year. He is being pretty smart of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey but he is right. You initially said DA was going to trade to tank and now you say this is a starting center and the next big white mamba that will take us to a championship..so, where do you stand??? tank, not tank or in between??

[/QUOTE]

Asik will not make the Celtics a contender.

If the Celts can get Asik, I don't want the Celts to tank anymore.

The Celts will be a complete team with Asik.

[/QUOTE]

same thinking

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Bass, Lee, and Clips pick. If they aren't happy with that, then walk away. I wouldn't give them any other 1st round pick of ours. Especially a 2014 pick. Hold firm Danny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ainge can get Asik for Bass, Lee, and the Clips' 2015 1st rounder, that would be a great deal for the Celts.

It's like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

1. Celts get to dump Lee's not so bad contract.

2. Celts get a starting Center.

[/QUOTE]AGREE, Do it DANNY, do it !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Asik is ranked 40th in the league among centers in player efficiency rating.

Behind Faverani.

Trading for Asik will assure that we are a lottery team in 2014.

That is the only reason to do it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I get it that total contracts we save 3 mil. Next year Asik is going to get 14.8+ mil but I've read that his cap hit will be about 8.5, does Hou make up the rest? I'm not thrilled about this deal mainly because of the draft pick,I definately don't think Asik is worth Bass,Lee and a pick too for just Asik,whom we may not be able to resign  unless we overpay him after next year. I do believe in DA though and will take an optimistic wait and see attitude on this , I guess.

Beyond just the stats I feel Bass has been a very positive influence on this team and has led by example and Lee has really flourished in his role with Stevens style. I just feel for what we're giving up we could do better. As much as I try to, I'm just not feeling this move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This trade would balance the rotation for sure right as Rondo comes back. Minutes projections (IMO):

C - Asik (30), Favarani (10), Sully (8)

PF - Sully (26), Olynyk (12), Wallace (10)

SF - Green (34) Wallace (14)

SG - Avery (32) Crawford (16)

PG - Rondo (34) Crawford (14)

Pressey is 10th man. Hump should replace Olynyk and Favarani's mins for an 8 man rotation if the team really wants to get best record possible. But point is still to develop for future and as a big expiring I'd expect DA to move him at the deadline.

Goal remains cap space for 2015, so Wallace still needs to go as well, despite being a VERY useful bench player on a winning club. 

[/QUOTE]

My guess on a ten man rotation would be:

C - Asik (32), Favarani or Humphries (10)

PF - Sully (32), Olynyk (18)

SF - Green (34) Wallace (18)

SG - Avery (34) Crawford (20)

PG - Rondo (34) Presey (8)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get it that total contracts we save 3 mil. Next year Asik is going to get 14.8+ mil but I've read that his cap hit will be about 8.5, does Hou make up the rest? I'm not thrilled about this deal mainly because of the draft pick,I definately don't think Asik is worth Bass,Lee and a pick too for just Asik,whom we may not be able to resign  unless we overpay him after next year. I do believe in DA though and will take an optimistic wait and see attitude on this , I guess.

Beyond just the stats I feel Bass has been a very positive influence on this team and has led by example and Lee has really flourished in his role with Stevens style. I just feel for what we're giving up we could do better. As much as I try to, I'm just not feeling this move.

[/QUOTE]

I think because he had a three year deal with salarys around $5M-$5M-$15M

the league averages that deal for salary cap ( or osmething like that I read a whiel back).

not sure but I assume that of we trade for Asik, we get to pay his deal $5M this year (rest of it) and $15M next.

but we also assume a $8M+ cap hit each year as well.

as for the money, rememebr next year we lose the $12M that Humphries is being paid and is on our cap this year.

add in Bogans $5M (likely gone) and  you still have enough salary room (assuming theowners don;t want to get cheaper) and cap space to re sign Bradley.

now we will have two rookies to pay to replcae Humphries and Bogans on the roster.

AND will would still have Crawford and brooks to either re-sign or replace. Both of their deals  combined are in the  $4-5M range this year.

overall if we do end up with Asik, we'll be in OK shape salary wise into 2014.

as for the Asik for Bass, Lee and a future first round pick being a good or bad deal.

1) there really are not a lot of starting NBA centers that cna be had right now.

2) there is only one coming out in the draft that is considered to bea NBA quality Center

3) Depends on which pick is traded and what year.

4) I personally would want something else back for Lee (maybe a vet player on an expiring contract like Brewer, Garcia, Brooks).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I'm all in on the trade. I was concerned about the pick being this year. If it's next year's Clippers pick i'm ok with the deal. If they have to throw in someone I would want Brooks. I've always like him, he's a shooter/scorer and we could send Pressey down. 

We need a big though

[/QUOTE]

We DESPERATELY need a good big..and Asik can play D and rebound in the paint...he won't be manhandled by anyone in the NBA

[/QUOTE]

We have a good big named Kris Humphries, but doesn't start.

I would do the trade, but not with a first round pick.

[/QUOTE]

Humpries is a PF...not  a  C

[/QUOTE]

Chris gets confused easily.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

So what's happening? Both GMs sitting by the phone waiting to see who's going to give-in 1st? If so, I think Danny has the leverage here. Houston really wants this done by the end of the day. Anyone know what Phili is offering? I thought it was Hawes and a pick. I could be wrong. I wonder what pick they were offering.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good analogy. 

Asik is a $0.50 piece.

Bass is a quarter and Lee a dime.

Now the Clippers '15 pick would probably be another dime (picks 23-30 next year) but in the loaded draft class of 2014, the lesser of the Hawks/Nets picks and our own pick (say we get seed 5-7) probably both end up in the 16-22 range and either a quarter or another 50 piece.

That is why Danny is reluctant to include a pick from this year. He is being pretty smart of course.

[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!  You REALLY think this team will be a 5-7 seed????  You do realize that they are not making the playoffs right?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So what's happening? Both GMs sitting by the phone waiting to see who's going to give-in 1st? If so, I think Danny has the leverage here. Houston really wants this done by the end of the day. Anyone know what Phili is offering? I thought it was Hawes and a pick. I could be wrong. I wonder what pick they were offering.

[/QUOTE]

The NBA has just given the Rockets (all teams) one extra day to make a trade.  Originally the Rockets (all teams) had to make the deal today (12/19) to be able to include any players obtained in deals they might make around the trade deadline in February (60 days).

So if the Rockets received Bass and Lee today (tomorrow now), they could then be used as part of a trade at the trade deadline in February.  Seems that the Rockets are ensureing whoever they receive can possibly be part of another trade package at the trade deadline.

So since the NBA has given teams one more day, this might not get done until tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NBA has just given the Rockets (all teams) one extra day to make a trade.  Originally the Rockets (all teams) had to make the deal today (12/19) to be able to include any players obtained in deals they might make around the trade deadline in February (60 days).

So if the Rockets received Bass and Lee today (tomorrow now), they could then be used as part of a trade at the trade deadline in February.  Seems that the Rockets are ensureing whoever they receive can possibly be part of another trade package at the trade deadline.

So since the NBA has given teams one more day, this might not get done until tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]
    Damn NBA.... thanks Petey

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No problem DrBoogiebone.

Is it me or are the Rockets the only team who is so "pressed" to do this?  Seems they lose some leverage with this position being so public.

They are basically saying whoever they obtain in a trade NOW, they can be traded again in February.

And all Danny or any other GM has to do is wait them out.  Houston wants this deal done more than anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bass is a horrible basketball player with a negative BBIQ and the slowest reaction time I've ever seen of anyone under 7 feet.

So if Houston's GM is reading this, yes, you're right. Bass is a leader and is really blossoming. Otherwise, goodness gracious can I not wait until he's gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hahaha ... Look at all the Tankers getting onboard the train as it leaves the station ... and BTS among them ... Well, Well, Well, what do ya know?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce was trying to jump right up on the engine and lead the parade-while the twitter boys were telling him the deal would happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahaha ... Look at all the Tankers getting onboard the train as it leaves the station ... and BTS among them ... Well, Well, Well, what do ya know?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce was trying to jump right up on the engine and lead the parade-while the twitter boys were telling him the deal would happen.

[/QUOTE]

The beauty of it is we are close to a top 5 pick and we still could get him this summer. Is that a bad thing?  If an Asik trade had gone thru we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we are now. Would we? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

The beauty of it is we are close to a top 5 pick and we still could get him this summer. Is that a bad thing?  If an Asik trade had gone thru we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we are now. Would we? 

Fierce swore the C's were going to tank by dumping.  Ridiculed other posters that said Danny might improve this team if an opportunity came along.   When the twitterverse lit up with Asik might come to Boston,  Fierce then tried to lead the Asik bandwagon while desperately trying to claim that he was not wrong because things dropped out of the sky and that changes everything.  Lately he has been accusing other posters of jumping the gun on the Asik trade, when he was the one who jumped the gun.  He even began talking about it as if it had been completed.

Now he mostly clings to fairy tales since his deadline dumping that he made tons of posts about didn't happen.  All his hopes are to convince people of tanking land on the trades of Lee Crawford and Brooks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No it's a good thing but I doubt if we had gotten him (injured at time) we would have finished much worse than fifth while we are now tied for third I think.

Point being, Fiercy jumped off the tanking bandwagon and trumpeted the merits of trading for Asik at the deadline ... willing to take the risk of losing 5th place or better and now tries to ridicule others as though he never engineered the Tankanon Train when we all read his 1000 posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Where's the post that said I'm jumping off the tanking bandwagon?