BBD needs to get signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD needs to get signed

Watching the new and improved Tony Allen last night. There is not doubt he should have been signed for what was a steal at three years ten million.  He was a player that offered a great deal and DA thought Avery was going to make him expendable.  Unless  there is a drug to make you taller and tougher Bradley has no chance to be even the lesser version of TA.

To the point BBD is TA squared.  He is more valuable and someone who can play three positions in spots.  He is a star in my mind and a unique player.  To put him through the ringer now may seem smart but we are going to have end up paying him more and more as exhibited by his play last night.  The guy is a monster sometimes, possibly even a laker, heat, or bull killer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: BBD needs to get signed

In Response to BBD needs to get signed:
    [QUOTE]Watching the new and improved Tony Allen last night. There is not doubt he should have been signed for what was a steal at three years ten million.  He was a player that offered a great deal and DA thought Avery was going to make him expendable.  Unless  there is a drug to make you taller and tougher Bradley has no chance to be even the lesser version of TA. To the point BBD is TA squared.  He is more valuable and someone who can play three positions in spots.  He is a star in my mind and a unique player.  To put him through the ringer now may seem smart but we are going to have end up paying him more and more as exhibited by his play last night.  The guy is a monster sometimes, possibly even a laker, heat, or bull killer.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He will get signed by someone but I don't think Danny, looking to the future, will saddle them with another Rondo type contract that will preclude them from signing real talent.

The new CBA will have a hard salary cap and I am not sure how they will be able to grandfather players into the mix.  Every year you can get a Big Baby in the draft.

So it will be very interesting to see if Danny is even in the mix in terms of making decisions.

I think if there is a lockout, the Cs will very quickly become the Cavs, heck I think even without a lockout, I think they will very quickly become the Cavs.

I don't think Danny has any interest in becoming Joe Dumars.

What I think does want to do is play with his kids and grandkids and not have another heart attack.

And who could blame him if he leaves them as an 18 win team with the chance to finally draft some actual talent?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't disagree with your overall view.  The idea that another BBD is in every draft is not even close to true.

The Celtics need to play to win this year and even harder next year on what could be a greatly shortened season.  Winning a championship in 2012 will be just as sweet as winning any year.  We should try hard to win with deserving "in spite of your comments" unique talent BBD is along with others we do have.

Tony Allen was cheap at ten million and BBD could have been gotten cheap earlier in the season. 

BBD is no secret.  He is a really good player.  Under your view the Celtics will flounder another 22 years.  Forget the money and hope the ownership pays that is their job.  We are not the Knicks earlier this decade. BBD more than deserves a decent contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: BBD needs to get signed:
    [QUOTE]I don't disagree with your overall view.  The idea that another BBD is in every draft is not even close to true. The Celtics need to play to win this year and even harder next year on what could be a greatly shortened season.  Winning a championship in 2012 will be just as sweet as winning any year.  We should try hard to win with deserving "in spite of your comments" unique talent BBD is along with others we do have. Tony Allen was cheap at ten million and BBD could have been gotten cheap earlier in the season.  BBD is no secret.  He is a really good player.  Under your view the Celtics will flounder another 22 years.  Forget the money and hope the ownership pays that is their job.  We are not the Knicks earlier this decade. BBD more than deserves a decent contract.

Okafor, Murphy, Wilcox, Battier, Warrick, Kenyon Martin, Channing Frye, Ryan Gomes, Charlie V, D West, Okafor, Randolph, Blatche, McGee, blah blah blah....

In the coming draft if there was some sort of brain f art by the league Sullinger and Derrick Williams and a whole bunch of other players would fall into the laps of teams that are tweeners that would make other teams say Big Baby is very simply not a difference maker.

Baby will go on to make some good money but will make that team regret the contract because dollars will be very tight.

Give me the potential of Thompson in Sacramento and I will be very happy to see Baby walk.

The inability to deal with reality and make an objective attempt to deal with reality is the mentality that makes people think that it is a good thing to have Davis around to form some sort of nucleus for a 20 win team.

p.s. when KG is not sniffing his b um then Davis is a class clown who thinks he is Amare....... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    I just don't agree with your philosophy over the near term. Of those players you list above none offer what baby specifically does.  Although some are very good.  David West is not the same kind of player at all. Okafor is not either.  Battier is whole different type as well.

Baby provides off the bench and playing with the starters something we need. Should we let him be grossly overpaid no, but offering fair value 5 to 6 million per is the way to go short term and long term. The guy if not overpayed will still have trade value in two years even with the tsunami you see coming in two years.

In a basketball world, the Celtics future changed on a dime in 2007 whose to say the Celtics won't find a way to stay relevant with Ainge around.  And you can't assume he won't stick around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    I just don't agree with your philosophy over the near term. Of those players you list above none offer what baby specifically does.  Although some are very good.  David West is not the same kind of player at all. Okafor is not either.  Battier is whole different type as well.

Baby provides off the bench and playing with the starters something we need. Should we let him be grossly overpaid no, but offering fair value 5 to 6 million per is the way to go short term and long term. The guy if not overpayed will still have trade value in two years even with the tsunami you see coming in two years.

In a basketball world, the Celtics future changed on a dime in 2007 whose to say the Celtics won't find a way to stay relevant with Ainge around.  And you just can't assume he won't stick around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, I just don't agree with your philosophy over the near term. Of those players you list above none offer what baby specifically does.  Although some are very good.  David West is not the same kind of player at all. Okafor is not either.  Battier is whole different type as well. Baby provides off the bench and playing with the starters something we need. Should we let him be grossly overpaid no, but offering fair value 5 to 6 million per is the way to go short term and long term. The guy if not overpayed will still have trade value in two years even with the tsunami you see coming in two years. In a basketball world, the Celtics future changed on a dime in 2007 whose to say the Celtics won't find a way to stay relevant with Ainge around.  And you just can't assume he won't stick around.

Key phrase "off the bench".... reading here one would believe that Baby is going to replace all-stars... the Cs very simply cannot commit real dollars to a player that is available every year..... can you even remotely attempt to recognize that within in the next couple of years the Cs will be the Cavs at best, maybe they are Pistons, etc.

Wake the f up..........  they have no talent and have no chance to add any talent.......

You act as if they have Scola, Hibbert, Mayo, Griffin, Gordon, Jordan, Thompson, Evans, Curry, etc. waiting on the bench and they just have to fill in a couple of players to be a title contender.

They have nobody on the bench that could start on any legitimate team in the league.

They have no draft prospects.

They have no chance of getting anywhere near the top of the draft that will enable to get any any number of actual blue chip players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    I expect the Celtics to be competitive this year and next.  To be in the hunt for two championships is what I have said twice before in this thread.  You just don't agree with it.  

The names you keep mentioning, most are not even bench players. Hibbert, Scola, and Blake Griffin is that who are referring to, I just can't follow.

We will see if you are right but none of what you mention is assured. Safe to say BBD is a lot better than some on your list and not as good as couple of the others.

BBD, Jeff Green, Delonte, without a doubt could be starting on many NBA teams.

Where are your solutions?  To try to win the next two years and then sign free agents as we free up money sounds like the only way to move forward.  So none of what you say sounds particularly groundbreaking. Leave it to Danny he knows what to do. He already stole a draft choice from the Clippers for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, I expect the Celtics to be competitive this year and next.  To be in the hunt for two championships is what I have said twice before in this thread.  You just don't agree with it.   The names you keep mentioning, most are not even bench players. Hibbert, Scola, and Blake Griffin is that who are referring to, I just can't follow. We will see if you are right but none of what you mention is assured. Safe to say BBD is a lot better than some on your list and not as good as couple of the others. BBD, Jeff Green, Delonte, without a doubt could be starting on many NBA teams. Where are your solutions?  To try to win the next two years and then sign free agents as we free up money sounds like the only way to move forward.  So none of what you say sounds particularly groundbreaking. Leave it to Danny he knows what to do. He already stole a draft choice from the Clippers for you.
    dudder doesn`t like any of our players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I
    n Response to Re: BBD needs to get signed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD needs to get signed : dudder doesn`t like any of our players.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

This guy Dudder is not a celtic fan.He likes to provoke the real celtics fans.Just ignore.I think he is from LA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Same Dud that said because the Hornets game was on the second night of a back to back the Celts had no chance of winning. Idiot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder is not very good with evaluating player personnel(view his two lists of players he thinks are better BBD).  Danny is however and is way ahead of him.

My prediction we will clever play for championships in the next two years and start rebuilding in 2013.  We will have to keep players like BBD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Baby will be re-signed or they will at least attempt to re-sign him.  The Celtics could not re-sign Perk and Baby and they decided that Baby was more valuable to them because he is more versatile than Perk, more skilled than Perk and can play multiple positions.  Baby finished games for Perk anyway.  At least that's what I heard on Channel 5 news after the trade.  It does make some sense.

I think Baby and Green will be re-signed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope they sign both.  But I think for the next two years BBD is even more important than Green.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder is not very good with evaluating player personnel(view his two lists of players he thinks are better BBD).  Danny is however and is way ahead of him. My prediction we will clever play for championships in the next two years and start rebuilding in 2013.  We will have to keep players like BBD.

BBD is not a building block type of player, he is a bit player who salary will preclude them from getting actual building block players.

Not sure if you have noticed that the NBA is looking to cut salaries of players by about a third.  Why on earth would you tie up one penny on a guy that ensures you cannot get real talent?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

My only problem with the original post is that I don't believe that expectations of bradley were the reason they let TA go.  I think it was Marquis who they planned to fill that role.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]My only problem with the original post is that I don't believe that expectations of bradley were the reason they let TA go.  I think it was Marquis who they planned to fill that role.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I agree that Marquis was the player that took TA's place.  Unfortunately, he had a serious injury.  I don't think he was as good as TA, but he was a decent player.   If TA was still with the team, or Marquis hadn't gotten hurt, the Perk trade never would have happened.  Just my take on it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no one is posting what they think it will take to resign BBD? I am thinking more than Perk's OKC deal?
    I dont see that Bradley was the replacement for TA...Bradley is 19 years old and at least 3 years away.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Agreed. 

They should have signed Big Baby at the beginning of this year and gotten it out of the way.