Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight?

In Response to Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight?:
    [QUOTE]?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

-

The doomers must be very disappointed tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The fact is that far more than the Celtics, the TWolves should get the congratulations tonite for not folding even though they were down 25 with their star player on the bench to one of the "elite" teams. They deserved to win, but you don't always get what you deserve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rajon, this was not a victory to celebrate with three more tough games this week and a very tired team out there.  What is going on with Rondo is going to determine how this week goes.  Even Indiana is a tall order considering how we looked last night.

I am sick about the state of things knowing that DA should have thought long and hard about the future of Shaq when he made this trade.  It is one of the great lapses of judgement I have seen as a Celtic fan in almost forty years.

I hope you are right and I am wrong with my pessimism. I think they screwed up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think all Celtics fans are happy that the Celtics got the win.  However, I can't imagine this win makes us confident moving forward.  We lost tonight's game against Indiana if we play like we did against Minny.  No doubt.

There was really not much you could take from this game to build on.

It really did not "feel" like a Celtics win.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this is a boneheaded thread.  who would lament a win?  it was a bad win, but a win is a win is a win.  we need all of them we can get.  if you think anyone who is a celts fan would WANT us to lose at this point, you have strange thought patterns, regardless of what you might think of rondo, the perkins trade or whatever's bothering you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fiercest34, speak for yourself when you say the Memphis loss did not feel like a loss.  To me, it most surlely did feel like a Celtics loss.  That loss and the Bobcats and Clippers and Rockets and Nets and Sixers losses.  Yes, they felt like Celtics losses.  After two "encouraging" wins AT New Orleans and New York, coming home, I thought the Celtics were going to put it together starting with Memphis -- a very winnable game. 

We lose at home to Memphis without its best player, Gay, and you really did not think that loss felt like a loss?  Well, it sure did not feel like a win.  There was NOTHING the Celtics could take from losing at home to Memphis.  I saw no silver lining in that one.

Minny felt like last night's loss was a win the way they fought from 25 down and almost pulled it out.  I did not get that feeling against ANY of the above named teams that we lost to.

You're also right that once the playoffs start the records are back to 0 - 0.  However, the playoffs have not yet started and there is still work to be done.  The reason we find ourselves in certain positions in the playoffs (game 7 on the road) is because we did not take care of business when it COUNTS too!  A win is not a win in March or April just like a loss is not a loss in March and April.  If you take that approach, you'll find yourself facing tougher odds playing the most important game of the year in someone else's arena wondering why you aren't playing at TD Garden.  That's what March and April outcomes mean!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We should not be in these positions in the first place. We are an elite team and we are playing like team that has lost it mojo (Rondo) and have become very fatigued( the big 3).  We are struggling and I don't see us coming out of it a the moment.

Of course it could change in an instant but until it does it hasn't.  Shaq killed the team's morale with his injury.  That's behind the state of the team right now and I don't have a good feeling about him coming back.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Petey When the Celts got the rebound with 26 secs. remaining, all Rondo had to do was go for the last shot or give the ball to Pierce. That's why I don't think the Celts lost to the Grizz, it was just a case of Rondo making a bad decision.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I agree with your post but that doesn't make me feel like we "won" the game or there was some "silver lining" in that.  We're the Celtics!  We're too good for taking things from losses when we should win.  We don't have "moral" wins.  Other teams have those against us.

When we lose to Memphis at home after winning at NO and at NY, AND Memphis is without Rudy Gay, I'm sorry, no matter Rondo's final decision, I take nothing positive from that one.  It was a loss and it felt like a loss.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Having said that, the only way this season is going to be a disappointment is if the Celts get eliminated in the 1st round." 

I disagree. The Celts window is closing due to the rise of the Heat and the Bulls and role player Jeff Green isn't going to change that. 

The reason Ainge signed the O'Neals was to go "all in" and win another ring. Then he thought he could get greedy and do that while hedging his bets (trading Perk). It was a huge gamble. 

If the Celts don't win the championship this year I don't like their chances until someone like Dwight Howard is a free agent, and that really has nothing to do with the Perkins trade. 

The only way for this Celts team to avoid major disappointment is one of three three scenarios: 

1. Win a ring
    2. Make it to the Finals, but lose to a team other than the Lakers and/or OKC (in other words, a team without much beef or Perk inside)
    3. Make it into the playoffs, and not make it to the Finals but Perk goes out with a season-ending injury, putting an end to the what ifs. 

If one of these three things doesn't happen, not only will the season be a disappointment but there will be second guessing of Ainge for making this trade for the rest of his life and ours. 

Oh, and you left out another scenario: you honestly think the season wouldn't be a disappointment if: 

1. OKC wins a championship against another eastern team or, 

2. OKC wins a championship against us? 

Major disappointment either way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico,
    Who were you before your recent incarnation? You have been on this BB longer than your 172 post I am sure.  I find it interesting that so many posters change their identity for no apparent reason.  What am I missing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Petey, I agree with what you're saying for the most part, including:

"It really did not "feel" like a Celtics win." And also that we'll need more to win the next few games. Having said that, it felt like a small step in the right direction to close it out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight?:
    [QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: Be Honest, You Guys Think You'd Feel Better if the Celts Lost Tonight? : I agree with your post but that doesn't make me feel like we "won" the game or there was some "silver lining" in that.  We're the Celtics!  We're too good for taking things from losses when we should win.  We don't have "moral" wins.  Other teams have those against us. When we lose to Memphis at home after winning at NO and at NY, AND Memphis is without Rudy Gay, I'm sorry, no matter Rondo's final decision, I take nothing positive from that one.  It was a loss and it felt like a loss.

Posted by Petey62
    [/QUOTE]

-

Yes, W is a W & a Loss is a Loss, but some Loss's as Petey implies, are worse L's, and those should not be L's at all.  Forget about moral victory during a terrible slump.

There will be no silver lining from any loss or squeaked out victory against poor teams while the team is not playing Celtic basketball, i.e, moving the ball, pushing it up aggressively, and playing killer D.  

The new guys have to step up and start playing basketball and stop over- thinking their every move. 

Doc has to find a way to get through to these guys just what is in the process of slipping away and how difficult it will be to get it back.

Tonight should be interesting.  We have yet to win the 2nd half of a back-to-back after winning the first half.

21. This post has been removed.