Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!

In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!:
    [QUOTE]Think about going to your job. Being human you can't perform to the same level every day. You have OFF days due to various reasons. The Wiz are obviously talented, they are NBA players. The Celtics are more talented. The Celtics had a off night and lost the game.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Exactly it is always an off night when they lose unless of course it was the refs fault then it could be they had an off night and it was the refs fault.....  and it could be that the Cs were playing without their starting center and the Wiz have some very talented young players including the point guard is who is averaging 18 points and 9 assists - 9 assists per game with not nearly anyone near the level of KG, Pierce, Shaq, and Allen to pass the ball to.... things that make you go hmmm....

When the Cs lost 18 in a row and had really really bad players did they just keeping having off nights?  No, they had no talent.

Washington has lots of young talent and they came to play and the Cs were missing their starting center and the Wiz had their starting point guard and it was a back to back....

Talen wins and the off nights as many would like to point to don't happen nearly as often as most would like to think.

If it was an off night why did they lose to Houston at home - an off night?  Or was the point guard completely outplayed?

Last 3 losses - Rose, Brooks (24 and 9 against the Cs), and Wall.......... hmmm..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : I guess pretty typical..... when the Cs lose to the Wiz it is because it is an off night, a back to back, etc., it cannot possibly be the other team is talented. Give me McGee for Perk, Blatche for Davis, and Wall for Rondo and I really like my future.........  which house?  primary residence or vacation or kids house?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder, all I'm saying is be careful. You are comparing 3 guys that have rings to 3 guys that haven't even sniffed a playoff game. Yes maybe they did ride the coattails of the Big 3 but 2 were starters on that team.

The Wiz aren't even considered one of the good up and coming young teams like OKC, Memphis or the Clippers.

They beat the C's but I put that one more on the C's than I do the Wiz playing well. RA misses a dunk, PP never even got going and Doc still wanted him to take the last shot (sp!) It should've went inside to KG. No jumpers were going in the entire night. So what do we do, we take a jumper to try and win the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : Dudder, all I'm saying is be careful. You are comparing 3 guys that have rings to 3 guys that haven't even sniffed a playoff game. Yes maybe they did ride the coattails of the Big 3 but 2 were starters on that team. The Wiz aren't even considered one of the good up and coming young teams like OKC, Memphis or the Clippers. They beat the C's but I put that one more on the C's than I do the Wiz playing well. RA misses a dunk, PP never even got going and Doc still wanted him to take the last shot (sp!) It should've went inside to KG. No jumpers were going in the entire night. So what do we do, we take a jumper to try and win the game.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

KG, Pierce, and Ray had ZERO rings before they played together.

Always interesting how on some nights the jumpers go in but on other nights "no jumpers were going in the entire night"...... can we at least attempt to attribute that just on very rare occasions that maybe perhaps just slightly that it HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER TEAM????????????

BiasLewis - you above most others I expect you not to fall into the Cs are th Globetrotters and they play the Washington Generals every night and the script says they will wing?

They play other teams and other teams create match up problems.

You may remember a couple of years ago when Gilbert Arenas won several games on last second shots - was it because the refs or shots were just not falling or was it because Rondo and D West simply could not stop him?

I would not consider the Wiz an up and coming team either but when the Cs are missing Shaq on the second night of a back to back it is not far reaching to suggest that Blatche, McGee, Wall, and a couple of other guys are good matchups.

These nights are going to happen and Doc basically came out and admitting taking games last year to manage minutes, so losing to the Wiz is really no big deal in the big scheme of things.

As far as I am concerned they still have the best record because the Spurs are one and done and that gives the Cs the home court throughout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

There is a phenomenon that happens in all sports I read about years ago.  The refs, not intentionally, will make calls slightly in favor of the team that is behind, that is why come back games are so common.  I don't know if it is true - but, it makes sense since so many people naturally root for the underdog to win even if they don't have any skin in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Dudder,

I know the other team gets paid too, but c'mon. The C's would beat the Wiz 9 out of 10 times and we witnessed that one time.

Let's not give the Wiz too much credit here. This is a team that is 0000fer on the road this year...0-and whatever.That's hard too do. LOL! You would think they could find a team on a back to back on the road to beat. This game was home but it's not like they played loghts out...the score was in the 80's so that suits the C's well. Young did nothing and Wall didn't kill them.

The C's let them hang around and didn't respect the process and lost on a 3 pt bank shot. This wasn't a beatdown from beginning to end by the Wiz. We lost and will probably lose another game to a below .500 team before the season is over.

It's not always the refs and sometimes the C's play bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : KG, Pierce, and Ray had ZERO rings before they played together. Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Lets see. Kobe had no rings before Shaq. None without Shaq until Gasol. Wade had no rings until Shaq.  Should I go on?  What on earth is your point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He's making a silly point saying that he's rather have McGee, Blatch, and Wall as opposed to Perk, BBD, and Rondo and they have a better chance of winning a championship in the future even though they've never won one before.  

What he's missing is that Wall is NOT the ball distributor that Rondo is and is not the defensive player Rondo is nor is he as good of a teammate/floor general.  Blatche can't play D at all like Baby and has no intensity.  McGee and Perk could be a wash.   Each brings something that the other doesn't (neither can shoot, mcGee is more athletic/can catch the ball/dunk easier, Perk is stronger and better on ball defender).

So, what you are missing, Dudder, is that a TEAM wins and you need people to play roles, especially if you want to be a defensive team (and remember, defense wins championships......Spurs, both Pistons teams, Celtics, Heat the year they won, etc).  McGee, Blatche, and Wall will NOT stop anyone good in a 7 game series.  They are not seasoned or tough players.   You take them in the future and I'll take our guys.   

But the biggest issue in your point is that you are betting on the future.  The future, my man, is not predictable.  I bet I speak for all of the posters here when we say win NOW, baby!   We are not concerned about 2013 or 2014 not.  We want championships now!!!!!   (and blatche + mcgee + Wall won't give us that!!).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

The Wizards did elevate their game.  I think they have Rashard Lewis who isn't chopped meat either.