Beginning to Look Like

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Beginning to Look Like

Looks like we may have wasted giving up Luke and Semhi.   We still have their roster spots open.  Doesn't look like we will fill them with anything other than rejects.  Sure makes me wish we had kept Erden.  Wasn't great but a big body that took fouls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Beginning to Look Like

In Response to Beginning to Look Like:
    [QUOTE]Looks like we may have wasted giving up Luke and Semhi.   We still have their roster spots open.  Doesn't look like we will fill them with anything other than rejects.  Sure makes me wish we had kept Erden.  Wasn't great but a big body that took fouls.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Troy Murphy already took one of the roster spots. That leaves one spot open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Beginning to Look Like:
    [QUOTE]Looks like we may have wasted giving up Luke and Semhi.   We still have their roster spots open.  Doesn't look like we will fill them with anything other than rejects.  Sure makes me wish we had kept Erden.  Wasn't great but a big body that took fouls.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Hehehehehe, One, I like what you said....REJECT huh?
    Don't tell P34 and Bias you heard that from me.

Yep wasn't great but they know the system.
    Ask Lebum/wade & Bosh - they still don't know how to play together...after all these years....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Troy Murphy a reject? 

I thought you were done with the NBA, CHE?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Can we please get over the losses of players and realize we made out great on these moves.

Gone - Perk, Nate, Luke, Semih, Quis

Arriving - #1, Green, Krstic, Murphy, ??, ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like:
    [QUOTE]Troy Murphy a reject?  I thought you were done with the NBA, CHE?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Fierce---buyout is a "REJECT" ...release...gone...bye --fly kite
    Krstic-Green legit trade.

Done in NBA - d Celtics in the league by itself...not attach to nba(nationalbastardassoc)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Fierce---buyout is a "REJECT" ...release...gone...bye --fly kite Krstic-Green legit trade. Done in NBA - d Celtics in the league by itself...not attach to nba(nationalbastardassoc)
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me that the Celtics is not a member of the NBA?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Fierce---buyout is a "REJECT" ...release...gone...bye --fly kite Krstic-Green legit trade. Done in NBA - d Celtics in the league by itself...not attach to nba(nationalbastardassoc)

You're saying that Troy Murphy is a reject?

You think Semih Erden is a better player than Troy Murphy? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Beginning to Look Like : Troy Murphy already took one of the roster spots. That leaves one spot open.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    They could have used Marquis spot for that.  We still have 2 spots left.  Brewer sounds like a pipedream at the moment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : They could have used Marquis spot for that.  We still have 2 spots left.  Brewer sounds like a pipedream at the moment.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have 14 players right now. Quis, Semih, and Luke were replaced by Murphy and Chris Johnson. Hopefully the 15th player will be Brewer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : They could have used Marquis spot for that.  We still have 2 spots left.  Brewer sounds like a pipedream at the moment.

Getting rid of Erden was to convince Murphy that the Celts are serious about giving him playing time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You know Sheed is coming, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]You know Sheed is coming, right?
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Not likely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Eddy Curry, now that's a reject. He's saying he's going to Miami. Now that's what I call signing a reject! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : The Celtics have 14 players right now. Quis, Semih, and Luke were replaced by Murphy and Chris Johnson. Hopefully the 15th player will be Brewer.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Chris Johnson signed a 10 day contract on the 24th, he is off the book in a few days if he is not tendered a real min NBA contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Chris Johnson signed a 10 day contract on the 24th, he is off the book in a few days if he is not tendered a real min NBA contract.

Yes, that's true. But how sure are you the Celts are not planning on giving him a contract?

Right now it's a fact that the Celts have 14 players on the roster. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Yes, that's true. But how sure are you the Celts are not planning on giving him a contract? Right now it's a fact that the Celts have 14 players on the roster. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    The point is Chris Johnson is our property no matter what.  The roster spots are opened in theory to get all these new players not to sign a player we already have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : The point is Chris Johnson is our property no matter what.  The roster spots are opened in theory to get all these new players not to sign a player we already have.

Teams are only allowed 15 players max. How could there be 2 roster spots open? That's what I'm saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Teams are only allowed 15 players max. How could there be 2 roster spots open? That's what I'm saying.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Send him back down to D-league and we have the roster spot. If we gave players away to get roster spot to bring up our own D-league player, then that is just a big waste.  That D-league player is ours no matter what as long as we want to keep him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Send him back down to D-league and we have the roster spot. If we gave players away to get roster spot to bring up our own D-league player, then that is just a big waste.  That D-league player is ours no matter what as long as we want to keep him.

Chris Johnson is not ours. He's from the Dakota Wizards. The Celtics' D-League affiliate is the Maine Red Claws. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

fierce dont count on chris johnson --- the guy is chop stix - version of manute bol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Chris Johnson is not ours. He's from the Dakota Wizards. The Celtics' D-League affiliate is the Maine Red Claws. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Oh, I did not realize that.  Then it would be interesting to see if we give him permanent roster spot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]fierce dont count on chris johnson --- the guy is chop stix - version of manute bol

I agree with you on that. The problem is with Shaq and JO out and Krstic the only Center on the roster I think the Celts will keep him on the roster until Shaq or JO comes back.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : You're saying that Troy Murphy is a reject? You think Semih Erden is a better player than Troy Murphy? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes, P34, Murphy is a reject.  I don't generally agree with Che, but all of murphy's stats show he's a reject.  I hope he has a comeback, but this year - he's a bust, a reject, a project, a failure, etc, etc, etc.

At least we knew what we had with Semih.  Not a great player, but a body that was starting to learn the system and get the ball underneath for baskets (could catch better than Perk!).  With Murphy, we KNOW he can't play D (never has) and the only hope is that he can still shoot.  All of those great stats that people quote on this board are from years gone by when he had starter minutes.  Now he's NOT going to get those minutes with us and he may well look just like he did in New Jersey.

Let's hold judgement on him.  He may do well.  But, there's just no data saying we should plan on him making a big difference in Boston.   I hope he does, but you just can't bet on that based on his recent performances.