Best moments of 2013 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Best moments of 2013 Season

Starting this thread to see what everyone's favorite moments were this past season. For me, the best moments usually come with a win on the road rather than at home. 

For me, KG ignoring Ray Allen opening night has to be up there. At the time of this, everyone pretty much had the Heat locked as a 1 seed and the Celts as the number 2, and most of us, including myself, were looking forward to another ECF matchup between these 2 teams.

Few weeks later, this team started showing its potential and that OT win vs Dallas was great. The win brought our record to 12-9 and we started playing like the team that we all thought this team was made of.

The next couple of months the team faced a tough stretch but when Avery returned vs Memphis, we all knew things were changing. After losing to Memphis, my favorite 3 game stretch of the season game with wins on the road at Indiana, coming back at Atlanta the next night, then 2 days later at New York silencing the Garden crowd once again without Rondo.

A lot of people will probably include the win at home vs Miami in double OT up there, but my mood was ruined that day by the Rondo news and I wasn't to excited about the victory.

Since Rondo went down, there weren't many great wins until games 4 and 5 vs Knicks. Game 5 vs the Knicks is by far my favorite moment of the season. Everyone bringing in the Red sox quotes, KG's post game interview, the funeral thing, that night was a great night to be a Boston sports fan.

Even though Game 6 sucked, the 5 minute period in which we cut the lead from 26 to 4 has to be one of my favorite Celtics moments of all time. I never really thought that this team would get over the hump and tie the game up, but the 20-0 run was something that i have never witnessed before and may never witness again.

What are your favorite moments of the season?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Best moments of 2013 Season

When it finally came to an end. It was a tough season to watch. There were some great moments, some thunderous dunks(Green), some gritty victories, and that 20-0 run was pretty sweet. But watching your favorite players age and log way too many minutes to be effective(have to blame Doc and Ainge for that) made it real tough to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Carmelo Anthony losing it when KG said his wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios.

Celts won that game at MSG.

not only that, but the game was played without Rondo and it was the first time we saw barbosa, lee, and bradley all on the court at the same time and we saw theyre defensive potential together. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The win against Miami was one of the best games that I can remember attending in a couple of years.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

The win against Miami was one of the best games that I can remember attending in a couple of years.   

I was there too and it was a great game but didnt't the news of Rondo ruin your mood  during and after the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SoxCsBruins's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

I was there too and it was a great game but didnt't the news of Rondo ruin your mood  during and after the game?

Agree.  The loss of Rondo was huge for the remainder of the season.  They did ok without him for a few games but it was evident that they missed him in the playoffs this season.