Better parts going into the playoffs this year or last?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Better parts going into the playoffs this year or last?

I guess this is a depends on thread right? We look to have a better seed. Krstic is still giving us 9 and 6 since the trade. He will be back. We have Delonte who is playing well, Jeff Green who certainly can play. It looks like a healthier JO. If and if Shaq comes back......I look at last years bunch going in and losing 8 our of 10 to finish the year. We still made a nice run with I believe a much weaker bench. Are we in panic mode here or are we much better off the bench than last year if all the pieces are in place?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: Better parts going into the playoffs this year or last?

You had much better parts last year. You had tougher minded role players last year like Tony Allen, Rasheed Wallace, Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson. This year you have a bunch of soft finesse role players like Kristic, Green, Murphy, Arroyo and Pavolovic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Considering we haven't seen our bench all season, I think last year's bench was better because of defined roles. We had identified Sheed as the first big off the bench because BBD hadn't played like he is this year. Nate was better as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Nate last year was not better than west is this year.

I'd say this year hands down.  The biggest reason is that KG is so much more mobile.  That trumps all to me.  Last year at this time we still didn't know if PP's knee infections would continue. 

Also last year we were losing all the "big" games.  This year it seems like we can single out any game and win it.  All this adds up to me believing much more in a "flip the switch" scenario than I did last year.

Also, I don't think the surrounding seeds are as strong.  Does anybody fear Chicago as much as we feared Cleveland last year?  Orlando was much better last year.  Even the lakers seem more beatable.  Plus, I think the nba will let the celtics have one more "turn," esp with shaq needing to tie kobe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Amen

A healthy KG

To quote the "Postman" ..."Stuffs gettin better every day"