Big Baby Calls out heat bench.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Big Baby Calls out heat bench.

Actually this could be a blessing in disguise for the heat.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/4/28/2138661/baby-is-right-we-do-have-the-better-bench

I as a heat fan I do not disagree with big baby but.......You do not call out another teams bench just like that.....

Big baby just made this series a little bit harder on the celtics.

May the best team win

GO HEAT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Re: Big Baby Calls out heat bench.

While I do not disagree with Baby's assessment, I do agree with you Wade3 that calling out the other team's bench serves only to motivate the other team. I had hoped that Baby learned his lesson in the NY series when he called out Stoudemire and ended up having a miserable series himself. I see that this isn't the case.

Dude needs to shut his hole and just play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes, SHUT UP BIG BABY

I feel like our bench is way stronger than theirs,’’ Davis said. “We’re way deeper than them. We’ve just got to make sure that we use our depth.’’

Considering 4 of our 5 starters are in the 32-35 age range... our 6-8 'bench' guys just happen to be required to play 6-10 minutes each game vs. the Miami 'starters' who are 25-28 years old and go 42-44 minutes a game.

So thanks Baby. You'll not only get the A games from Anthony, Big Z and Howard when theb have you in 4-5 minute cameos... but you'll have to spend lots of time on LeBron/Bosh and its a good chance they posterize your fatazz

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of the others.  Very stupid for Big Baby to say this.  He really needs to keep his mouth shut.   I hope that this is the last time we hear unnecesary comments from Glen Davis.   Maybe one of his teammates will have a talk with him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I hope he starts delivering, we can hang #18 and he gets his payday somewhere else. Not my favorite C.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Good Glen, exude confidence. I rather have a player have confidence in himself and his teamates. It makes me feel better as a fan. Blackboard fodder is overrated. How do words make you play better? Either your better or your not. I'll feel better watching the games knowing he believes in himself. Let him take that good shooting fourth game of the N.Y. series right into the first game of the Miami series, with confidence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If a team needs something like this to motivate them in the playoffs, they need to look in the mirror anyway.  I'm sure the heat will be playing their hardest regardless.  If anything, his statement may cause people to step out of their roles.

Now regular season....that's a bad time to call people out.  You can catch people napping then.  Not the playoffs though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby Calls out heat bench.:
    [QUOTE]While I do not disagree with Baby's assessment, I do agree with you Wade3 that calling out the other team's bench serves only to motivate the other team. I had hoped that Baby learned his lesson in the NY series when he called out Stoudemire and ended up having a miserable series himself. I see that this isn't the case. Dude needs to shut his hole and just play.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

And i shouldnt go that far either....

Lebron james saying he had breakfast against the sixers and now saying he is going to have lunch against the celtics???? Is the same thing...

Its hard enough as it is to win a series...I disagree with lebron as well...

Another thing i dont like about some happenings on the heat....is...

Some player who shall remain nameless...you probably know who it is..

saying in a commercial....QUOTE: This is going to be funQUOTE

You know when we adquired bron and bosh....

Please everybody is watching...Even the refs who now suddenly refuse to call fouls on the big 3 or big 2 if you want to call it that.

No its not going to be fun wade no its not and it sure is not going to be easy either...there i said who it was.

PS. I just wish the players would just keep their mouths shut and play the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Good Glen, exude confidence. I rather have a player have confidence in himself and his teamates. It makes me feel better as a fan. Blackboard fodder is overrated. How do words make you play better? Either your better or your not. I'll feel better watching the games knowing he believes in himself. Let him take that good shooting fourth game of the N.Y. series right into the first game of the Miami series, with confidence.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Ok i give you that.......words do not make you play better....

It makes you try harder.....and an inspired team can be deadly....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby Calls out heat bench. : Ok i give you that.......words do not make you play better.... It makes you try harder.....and an inspired team can be deadly....
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]
    I know that claim has been made over the years. I don't buy into it. These Pros do the job whether someone is jawin or not. One team will be better than the other. I feel better as a fan knowing the team I'm rooting for has a confident player. My humble opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby Calls out heat bench. : I know that claim has been made over the years. I don't buy into it. These Pros do the job whether someone is jawin or not. One team will be better than the other. I feel better as a fan knowing the team I'm rooting for has a confident player. My humble opinion.

I Respect your opinion.....Thats what i believe though...

I think its just an incentive.

Goes both ways though....read my post up........about lebron saying he is gonna have lunch with the celtics.

IMHO both teams should play at their peaks as far as effort.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Oh, and Stoudemire's playoff stats against Boston. 14.5 pts per game 38% field goal. Damn, Glen should have talked about him more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

BTW excuse some of the things i say if they do not sound correct because im trying to translate from latin into english....But i guess you all understand more or less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and Stoudemire's playoff stats against Boston. 14.5 pts per game 38% field goal. Damn, Glen should have talked about him more.

LOL have you ever tried playing basketball with a bad back. I have.

Not very appealing to the spinal cord. Hurts like hell..I have 3 herniated disks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby Calls out heat bench. : I Respect your opinion.....Thats what i believe though... I think its just an incentive. Goes both ways though....read my post up........about lebron saying he is gonna have lunch with the celtics. IMHO both teams should play at their peaks as far as effort.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]
    As I respect yours. May the better team win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Talk is cheap, Davis needs to worry about his own play and that of his 2nd unit mates.  They haven't exactly lit the world on fire -- yet -- and their play likely determines if this team is a legit contender or a wannabe.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

BBD you need to learn the PATRIOT ACT silence is better and just play.....oh the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT ACT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I agree talk is cheap. To others it motivates. Since some think its cheap whats the big deal in doing it? Glen baby, keep it up. Any confidence you show in yourself and your mates is a blessing. Maybe it will have the same effect on Miami as it did on Amare.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I agree talk is cheap. To others it motivates. Since some think its cheap whats the big deal in doing it? "

Sorry, but you're dead wrong on this. Basketball is very much about chemistry and chemistry is very much about motivation. You never want to give another team reason to want to beat you more than they already have. 

Having said that it still comes down to how you play. There are other ways of being confident besides bragging. Besides,  Baby's wrong to this point, there' s no reason to think our bench is better. He has played badly and so has our bench. I would find his trash talk more acceptable had he not trashed Amare in the last round right before he went off for 28 points. (You conveniently quote his series average which includes one game where he barely played due to injury and the next one where he was gimped up). Try looking Baby's stats up for the series. They were not special. 

A bench player talking trash is comical. He has a lot to prove and has yet to prove he can back it up. At this point I think he's overconfident, jacking up shots instead of going inside and crashing the boards. 

I'd like to see some humility and less boasting. He's clowning and I'm sure his comments are up on the Heat bulletin board. Having said that I still like Celtics in six!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Confidence can only be proved on the field. Everyone can talk big in pregame interviews. Our bench really underachieved so far. It is time to give something back, on the playground not in a TV show.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]" I agree talk is cheap. To others it motivates. Since some think its cheap whats the big deal in doing it? " Sorry, but you're dead wrong on this. Basketball is very much about chemistry and chemistry is very much about motivation. You never want to give another team reason to want to beat you more than they already have.  Having said that it still comes down to how you play. There are other ways of being confident besides bragging. Besides,  Baby's wrong to this point, there' s no reason to think our bench is better. He has played badly and so has our bench. I would find his trash talk more acceptable had he not trashed Amare in the last round right before he went off for 28 points. (You conveniently quote his series average which includes one game where he barely played due to injury and the next one where he was gimped up). Try looking Baby's stats up for the series. They were not special.  A bench player talking trash is comical. He has a lot to prove and has yet to prove he can back it up. At this point I think he's overconfident, jacking up shots instead of going inside and crashing the boards.  I'd like to see some humility and less boasting. He's clowning and I'm sure his comments are up on the Heat bulletin board. Having said that I still like Celtics in six!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    I respect all the opinions on this board. Saying that, you are totaly wrong. And making excuses for Amare for more than one game is wrong. If the bench is playing so poorly then why not try a different approach? Sound off with some confidence. It can't hurt.  Hey, thats me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Stupid statement

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Seed just proves he still hasn't matured enough to be a lifelong Celtic (like making the sweeping motion to the ny fans) It's been nice knowing you (you must have gotten the bulk of your momma's gene's). Labor..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Glen Davis will back up his words and all will be forgotten.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

First, I don't think BBD's words were that bad.  I like his confidence and he essentially said " we have the potential and we have to execute".

Second, If you need your opponent's words to make yourself motivated when you are a second round team and supposedly a championship contender, then you are already behind when you walk on the court.  You don't think both teams' players are already massively motivated?  Of course they are.

Third, BBD has learned from Garnett and is trying to play a mind game.....trying to put doubt in the minds of Miami's bench.