Big Baby is a Must Sign

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Big Baby is a Must Sign

NBA players are creature of habit and Glen knew his minutes and role before the trade.  He played consistent minutes and ended the games with the Fanstastic Four on the floor. 

With the second unit, Marquis Daniels and Nate Robinson took on much larger scoring roles and Glen fit in, but the bulk of his points came in late stretches of games playing with the Big Four as the double teams mounted. 

Enter the trade, and all the talk about Green and the minutes he needs and he being the option in late game situations, ala Posey (instead of Glen).  Glen had a cozy confidence of being the sixth-man, and so on, now a new wrinkle comes in and I know it messed with his mind.  All of sudden, he started to press and do all the things that Doc stated, but it was the Celtics that created a lot of the issues with all the changes only to see that they were going with the same old rotation in the playoffs. 

Folks have to give Glen a break.  I am tired of of all the injuries with the Celtics and new guys needed to get acclimated and all, Glen is durable and he can produce.  I think the versatility of both he in Green front court could be huge for the Celtics. 

Doc has stated it "'continuity" is key and the Celtics cannot blame Glen for their scoring draughts.  We has other offensive fire power in Nate and Von Wafer, we choose not use.  

All the talk about stacking the team with Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha, having Von Wafer, talking about integrating new guys with Glen is enough to confuse anyone.  And then we did not use any of them.  

We talk about athleticism and quickness and we cut Chris Johnson, let Tony Allen go, trade Nate Robinson.  Not to mention we traded Billy Walker, drafted JR Giddens etc etc.  

Doc talked about Glen being consistent and Glen came in a averaged double figures off the bench...  the kid is a rock...  he was drafted in the second round, got a two year gig, then  signed for another two year gig...  tell the guy he has a home.  The kid is just looking for a home and a little love....  give him a long term deal with incentive clauses

But I do not want to be staring at ths guy next May and June prodcing solid numbers all because someone final gave him a HUG like Tony Allen...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign

Gee whiz---I needed to dab my eyes after reading this touching account of one totally misunderstood and underappreciated player. So, you're basically saying that "Glen" didn't have the maturity to deal with a little competition for playing time. Too bad. All of us have to deal with adversity in our lives. It's how we respond that determines who we are. Poor BBD has shown his true colors, and now it's the Cs turn to show him the door.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

I'm not giving the guy a break. People on here just bashed Shaq and the guy led us to a top record in the league before he got hurt. These guys are professionals and I am tired of hearing the butt-hurt by these guys. He underperfomed terribly in the playoffs and looked like he gained weight. The guy carries too much now. He is not a post player nor has a proficient outside jumper. He can't even lift enough to dunk. I would package him and trade him if I were Danny. He has had his chance, like Tony Allen had his chance. Both are role players at best and Allen wouldn't have saw the court like he did if not for the Rudy Gay injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Big Baby is a Must Sign:
    [QUOTE]NBA players are creature of habit and Glen knew his minutes and role before the trade.  He played consistent minutes and ended the games with the Fanstastic Four on the floor.  With the second unit, Marquis Daniels and Nate Robinson took on much larger scoring roles and Glen fit in, but the bulk of his points came in late stretches of games playing with the Big Four as the double teams mounted.  Enter the trade, and all the talk about Green and the minutes he needs and he being the option in late game situations, ala Posey (instead of Glen).  Glen had a cozy confidence of being the sixth-man, and so on, now a new wrinkle comes in and I know it messed with his mind.  All of sudden, he started to press and do all the things that Doc stated, but it was the Celtics that created a lot of the issues with all the changes only to see that they were going with the same old rotation in the playoffs.  Folks have to give Glen a break.  I am tired of of all the injuries with the Celtics and new guys needed to get acclimated and all, Glen is durable and he can produce.  I think the versatility of both he in Green front court could be huge for the Celtics.  Doc has stated it "'continuity" is key and the Celtics cannot blame Glen for their scoring draughts.  We has other offensive fire power in Nate and Von Wafer, we choose not use.   All the talk about stacking the team with Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha, having Von Wafer, talking about integrating new guys with Glen is enough to confuse anyone.  And then we did not use any of them.   We talk about athleticism and quickness and we cut Chris Johnson, let Tony Allen go, trade Nate Robinson.  Not to mention we traded Billy Walker, drafted JR Giddens etc etc.   Doc talked about Glen being consistent and Glen came in a averaged double figures off the bench...  the kid is a rock...  he was drafted in the second round, got a two year gig, then  signed for another two year gig...  tell the guy he has a home.  The kid is just looking for a home and a little love....  give him a long term deal with incentive clauses But I do not want to be staring at ths guy next May and June prodcing solid numbers all because someone final gave him a HUG like Tony Allen...
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

Thank you Glen Davis' mom.  Go tell your son to pack some clean underwear for his trip out of town and tell him to stop bashing his friends over the head with his hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Big Baby is a Must Sign:
    [QUOTE]NBA players are creature of habit and Glen knew his minutes and role before the trade.  He played consistent minutes and ended the games with the Fanstastic Four on the floor.  With the second unit, Marquis Daniels and Nate Robinson took on much larger scoring roles and Glen fit in, but the bulk of his points came in late stretches of games playing with the Big Four as the double teams mounted.  Enter the trade, and all the talk about Green and the minutes he needs and he being the option in late game situations, ala Posey (instead of Glen).  Glen had a cozy confidence of being the sixth-man, and so on, now a new wrinkle comes in and I know it messed with his mind.  All of sudden, he started to press and do all the things that Doc stated, but it was the Celtics that created a lot of the issues with all the changes only to see that they were going with the same old rotation in the playoffs.  Folks have to give Glen a break.  I am tired of of all the injuries with the Celtics and new guys needed to get acclimated and all, Glen is durable and he can produce.  I think the versatility of both he in Green front court could be huge for the Celtics.  Doc has stated it "'continuity" is key and the Celtics cannot blame Glen for their scoring draughts.  We has other offensive fire power in Nate and Von Wafer, we choose not use.   All the talk about stacking the team with Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha, having Von Wafer, talking about integrating new guys with Glen is enough to confuse anyone.  And then we did not use any of them.   We talk about athleticism and quickness and we cut Chris Johnson, let Tony Allen go, trade Nate Robinson.  Not to mention we traded Billy Walker, drafted JR Giddens etc etc.   Doc talked about Glen being consistent and Glen came in a averaged double figures off the bench...  the kid is a rock...  he was drafted in the second round, got a two year gig, then  signed for another two year gig...  tell the guy he has a home.  The kid is just looking for a home and a little love....  give him a long term deal with incentive clauses But I do not want to be staring at ths guy next May and June prodcing solid numbers all because someone final gave him a HUG like Tony Allen...

Don't worry about it Glen Davis will sign...... somewhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

BB is a good player and wants to start somewhere. If you look around there are starters on some teams that are less effective than BB. I'm not in the locker room so this is strictly conjecture, but maybe BB is feeling as KG slows down that he getting minutes handed to him at his expense. If that is going to cause friction then wer should sign and trade him before 7/1. We have 2 1sts so we might be able to pull off a deal for a not old but veteran player and a younger player with some potential. I'm no cap expert so I don't know what deals would and wouldn't work. I was thinking Sac for a sign and trade getting Dalembert and J thompson for BB and the 2 picks.The protected pick from LAC has some value as it can be a 11 or down pick for 4 years or an unprotected from LAL or Minn who's ever is lower. BB has been up and down this season so if we can trade him and help the team I'm good with it,if he stays and helps us I'm good with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Is it hard to find fat clods who cant shoot straight, are turnover machines and self centered cry babies? if so, Glen is a rare gem

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign:
    [QUOTE]I'm not giving the guy a break. People on here just bashed Shaq and the guy led us to a top record in the league before he got hurt. These guys are professionals and I am tired of hearing the butt-hurt by these guys. He underperfomed terribly in the playoffs and looked like he gained weight. The guy carries too much now. He is not a post player nor has a proficient outside jumper. He can't even lift enough to dunk. I would package him and trade him if I were Danny. He has had his chance, like Tony Allen had his chance. Both are role players at best and Allen wouldn't have saw the court like he did if not for the Rudy Gay injury.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Tony Allen finished in the top five in defensive player of the year voting. Scoring is important but their is this whole other side of the game where you have to stop your oponent from scoring. Tony Allen was great this year at it and last year too when he shut Lebron James down far far far better than Green did. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Tony Allen finished in the top five in defensive player of the year voting. Scoring is important but their is this whole other side of the game where you have to stop your oponent from scoring. Tony Allen was great this year at it and last year too when he shut Lebron James down far far far better than Green did. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Tony is developing himself a nice Bruce Bowen career for himself, I remember that stretch when Pierce was hurt and I thought to myself - wow this guy could be something if he could learn to consistently make people pay from 20 feet.  I met him by chance at the airport one time, he was still on crutches from one of his knee injuries and we talked for a while, we were on the same flight.  I was going to St. Louis through Charlotte, he was on his way to Al Jefferson's house and flying through Charlotte as well.  He seemed like a nice enough guy and was kind of surprised when Danny didn't pony up the cash.... but we all have budgets I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Agreed.  Tony is developing himself a nice Bruce Bowen career for himself, I remember that stretch when Pierce was hurt and I thought to myself - wow this guy could be something if he could learn to consistently make people pay from 20 feet.  I met him by chance at the airport one time, he was still on crutches from one of his knee injuries and we talked for a while, we were on the same flight.  I was going to St. Louis through Charlotte, he was on his way to Al Jefferson's house and flying through Charlotte as well.  He seemed like a nice enough guy and was kind of surprised when Danny didn't pony up the cash.... but we all have budgets I guess.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Agreed. he has great athleticism. he can't shoot, makes bad decsions but can get to the rim and can stop about any wing player in the league. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Agreed. he has great athleticism. he can't shoot, makes bad decsions but can get to the rim and can stop about any wing player in the league. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I find it amazing that he basically cannot handle the ball at all in the open court but in traffic he can get to the rim at will with what most would call a terrible handle. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Tony can't shoot or dribble,and he has been in the league longerthen Rondo and is 3 or 4 years older.

Memphis lost to Okc ,because they didn't have any outside shooters,beside Mayo who could hit an open jump shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Tony can't shoot or dribble,and he has been in the league longerthen Rondo and is 3 or 4 years older. Memphis lost to Okc ,because they didn't have any outside shooters,beside Mayo who could hit an open jump shot.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Memphis lost to OKC because of Rudy Gay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Baby had his run but has reached its peak. Someone will overpay for him and he will be another overpriced bench warmer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Tony can't shoot or dribble,and he has been in the league longerthen Rondo and is 3 or 4 years older. Memphis lost to Okc ,because they didn't have any outside shooters,beside Mayo who could hit an open jump shot.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Memphis lost to OKC not because of what Memphis didn't do but because OKC was extremely hot and hitting on all cylinders down to their 8th or 9th man (very deep team).   Even then, memphis provided a tougher opponent for them that many anticipated.  So, they didn't lose because of TA.  I contend that PART of the reason they went as far as they did is because TA and Battier showed them all how to play D and truly made it tough on Ginobli and Durant and others. 

As for BBD, I agree with the original poster.  However, I recognize that the fans don't support BBD and he should leave for that reason.  Fans are fickle and look at "what did you do for me yesterday (literally)".  They forget what you did last week and forget that teams like the Spurs and Jazz and Lakers are built off consistency.  Having players who know the system (offense and defense), delivered over time, do the dirty work, etc. are invaluable but not famous.  BBD is one of those guys.   Many of us cannot see that a big part of what caused the C's to fall apart in the 2nd half of the year was our changes......and how that affected the running of plays, the defensive rotations, etc   more change is not going to help that and eventually, we will start to say about BBD what we say about TA and what we said the years before about Posey.  If you keep losing your 6th and 7th man, it hurts the team.   

once again this year, we'll lose a valuable "down and dirty player" and we'll all forget that it was BBD who came in when folks were injured, who took the charges, who hits shots when the others were double teamed, who guarded bigs when Shaq and perk were out.

Shaq didn't take us to the 2nd best record - he missed too many games.  It was Rondo, KG, Ray, PP, and yes - BBD as the 5th until all of the changes started.

But, i know I'm arguing against sentiment.  You want someone to blame and you'll blame BBD but Danny's changes and injuries hurt more than everyone thinks and that's what Doc was saying in his interviews!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I like his game. but for more then 5 million, i would use him for a sign and trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Many of you have short, short memories; when Rondo was struggling there were an number of post that were ready to trade him.   The fact is he had a bad playoff and I was sharing insight that all of it may not have been his doing. Bottom-line, it is hit or miss on the chemistry issues and the type of re-teaching and re-teaching that the big four want to do. Continuity is key...

Well said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Well said.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

In two years Westbrook will be 24 and one of the leading factors for OKC taking over the western conference, Rondo will be leading what looks like this past year's Cavs team and taking up 20% of the salary cap......   and we will all love how Rondo can't shoot because he is perfect for this team..... and big baby will be seen late at night sitting at Hardees drive through forcing one of his posse's girlfriends to have sex with him....................

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I pray that he leaves.  There is not another top tier playoff team that has a player of his type playing important minutes.  He "flashed in the pan" a few years ago......but it's time to move on....
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]PERFECTLY SAID COMRADE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Tony Allen finished in the top five in defensive player of the year voting. Scoring is important but their is this whole other side of the game where you have to stop your oponent from scoring. Tony Allen was great this year at it and last year too when he shut Lebron James down far far far better than Green did. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Letting TA walk last season was a big mistake.  He was a big loss for the Celtics
    and Danny said that was his biggest regret.  He even realizes that not resigning TA was a mistake. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Baby is a Must Sign : Memphis lost to OKC because of Rudy Gay.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point about Allen. He would not have seen the floor as much if not for the Gay injury. What an offensive machine we would have had if we could have kept Allen and Perkins. Add Rondo and we wouldn't have scored 75 a game. Most of you don't get good O is better than good D. Just listen to any of the NBA announcers, like Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson say so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen Davis will be very hard to replace, I is sad that so many on the site have little basketball IQ and are so hard on players like Davis who play with limited minutes and in Davis case had to be The Doc Rivers Whipping Boy because Doc did not have the guts to get on the big four.