Big Baby is Bad Baby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Big Baby is Bad Baby

BB Davis does not have it this playoffs. he is letting people blow right by him on the defensive end, and he does not have the offensive arsenal he had last year.
    i think he is out of shape and lost something emotionally.

we have a great core four and then what? JON is decent, and Green shows flashes but overall he is not aggressive enough. Delonte West is out of rhythm with the injuries. We do not have the bench to win a championship without a miraculous recovery by Shaq. i still believe that if Shaq could give us twenty minutes a game, the championship is still there for the taking. he fits well with the four starters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Big Baby is Bad Baby

So what makes you think he's out of shape?  He weighs less.  He's played great earlier this year and after all that ball, one is in better shape unless you have an injury.  So, what's the basis for your assertion?

I think BBD is playing poorly because he's pushing too hard.  He knows his shot is off and when that happens, you don't know when to shoot and if you shoot - you lack confidence so you miss more - self fulfilling prophesy (Ray and Paul are the only shooters with no conscience and that's one of the reasons they are the best shooters on the team).  His body language after being in suggests he's disappointed and angry and that gets in your head.  BBD is just messed up in the head - thinking too much and pressing too much.  When he starts to have a good defensive and rebounding game, he'll feel better and then play better on the offensive end, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Breakout game for Baby today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

He misses Nate (Shrek and Donkey) like Rajon missed Perk!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby is Bad Baby:
    [QUOTE]Are you sure he weighs less? He looks heavy and slow. And very lost on the court. He is getting beat on defense with ease. Big Baby can do and was doing all the other stuff besides scoring: rebounding, tough "D", diving for lose balls, and showing great emotion. I just have not scene that BBD lately.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Yes, he shed fat and if you look at his physic, he's actually slimmer in the gut. I was glad to see the guy trim down.  That knee thing, however, has not healed and won't heal until the offseason (per the discussion at the time of the injury).

Being in shape is not his issue.  I think its mental and in the knee, but that's just my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celticsfan,
    I think he looks appreciably heavier.  I have watched all year and the last week or so his middle is noticeably more prominent.  I don't mean to split hairs with you because I also think his tendonitis may be a factor.  He played well after he returned but has looked like he has even less lift than usual the last few games.

I think the poor performance of the bench and his not playing as much with the starters may have him in a funk.  He needs to get out of it or his free agency is going to be very disappointing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby is Bad Baby:
    [QUOTE]Davis is too FAT. His knees can't handle the weight of his lard ars. For my surprise in the other day i was watching ESPN - "The Association" Boston Celtics and what was the first thing I saw when I turned on the TV Big "Fat Albert" Baby so happy getting out of bed because they were bringing his food, so then I believe he went back to bed. Fat Albert do you know what D - I - E - T means. We should let him walk at the end of the season, his eating habits have never gotten better and never will. Every year he is fatter and once he gets paid it will get worse. Can you believe some here were living in Disneyland saying he was sixth man of the year????? Yes over Odom.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

yep fat albert thats 10 times more in shape than you. fat albert that uses his big body to guard bynums and howards. hes not playing bad bc hes fat. hes playing bad bc hes in a slump. just like rondo was. pierce was. allen was. and kg was. everyone goes thru it. is the timing convenient? no. but its happened, and he will get out of it, just like they all did. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Glen Davis isn't the only problem.  The entire bench has to improve for the rest of the playoffs to have a chance against Miami.