big shrek davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: big shrek davis

In Response to big shrek davis:
    [QUOTE]all these "big" signings have to making shrek sad. he now is about the #3 option at the 4. is he tradable now? i'd probably still keep him around unless someone is throwing a strong 2/3 at us for him.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

yeah.  well, not sure what got into your coffee today- but davis is better than both o'neals all day long.  to put it bluntly- if davis does not play career high minutes this season and both o'neals play 20 mins a game and not much more- this team will die quickly in the post season.

likewise, ray allen's minutes have to be 28 max and preferably less than that with lots of nice nights off for unimportant games or blowouts.  the bench this year has to carry the team and both preserve and get leads in a goodly amount of games versus lowly opponents.  nate, davis, one o'neal or the other, wafers- it's a good bench lineup and it just has to work that way that davis and robinson off the bench have to spear head that unit, or we are dead come the post season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and, to simplify it for you- o'neal x 2 are 5's plus perkins as third string / low LOW minute starter, garnett-davis are the primary and secondary fours and davis is capable of spot duty at 5 but with the advent of shack he probalby won't need to do that any more.  see?  lots of minutes for davis if the talent is mananged properly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Why would you trade the only young healthy big. That would be dumb.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i said i'd probably keep him. but shaq and KG will start, with JON playing backup to shaq (or possibly the other way around). if sheed comes back, sheed and BBD will split time at the 4 behind KG. once perk returns (and i realize that's a big question mark right now), BBD will get even less minutes, with JON getting more of his time at the 4. so, yeah, maybe we're not as deep as i originally thought, but i can't see BBD getting MORE minutes than last year. and there's no way he gets any time at the 5. it's too bad we can't take BBD's heart and put it into perk's body, a health perk that is.

you guys are right. BBD is not tradable, but his minutes will probably go down, especially if sheed comes back. so i hope he's ready for that. if sheed doesn't come back, BBD will get minutes in relief of KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

of course, if any of the above go down with injuries, BBD will be called upon to play a lot of minutes. so forget what i said to start this thread.

we're still thin at the 2/3 though. i agree that RA (and PP too) must play fewer minutes this year. hopefully doc sees that as well. he talked about it last year, but didn't do it. i don't know that we have enough firepower off the bench at the 2/3 to make me feel comfortable. i guess that's why i had the thought that maybe we can trade BBD for a 2 or 3. maybe that's where sheed's contract comes in.

regardless, shaq was a big pickup for us, considering we didn't have to give up sheed's contract to get him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Big Baby's position doesn't change. He's still the backup 4. Once Perk comes back a decision must be made, but that won't be until February at the earliest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD and Shaq are around for completely different purposes.  I could see them playing a lot together and dominating the boards.  Bumping into the opposition injuring them with incidental contact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

IMAGINE: No Perk and no Wallace. NOW IMAGINE: The refs will no longer look the other way. Why, because they do not like either one of those complainers!!!!! Translation: Less fouls called against the Celtics. Those two give up more points in fouls than the Celtics get in scoring from them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

at least shaq can set a proper pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: big shrek davis:
    [QUOTE]Big Baby's position doesn't change. He's still the backup 4. Once Perk comes back a decision must be made, but that won't be until February at the earliest.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

yabbut, when perkins comes back he isn't going to be like he used to be.  at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Right now, BBD plays a pivotal role as the 4th big.  JO will see time at both the 4 & 5 and BBD will likely start the season much where he ended this one... playing 16-20 mpg at the 4 and possibly a few minutes at the 3 if other teams play a really big line-up (like the Magic moving Lewis ot the 3 for stretches).  I would bet that DA and Doc aren't at all concerned about all the prognostication concerning what happens when Perk returns as way too much will happen between now and then... We may find that JO is done and that BBD has beaten him out for playing time (as an example).  People calling for BBD to be involved in a trade with Sheed's contract for a back-up 3 who will play ~15 mpg haven't really looked closely at our front court situation.  BBD provides the insurance/flexibility behind an aged front line.  He hopefully will relish and embrace that role in pursuit of a championship - in contrast to TA who will now go play (like Posey before him) a slighlty larger role on a marginal team and lose much o fhis cache in the NBA.  The one thing I hope BBD is doin gthis summer is becoming even more consistent with the 17' J and expanding the range out to 20' similar to KG's mid-range jumper.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Davis will still be used against big guys that can't shoot for distance like Howard as a back up center. He will be the #2 power forward. Jermaine Oneil is soft, easily intimidated and almost done. Occasionally Jermaine can shoot, but not when guarded. Match ups and attitude will determine playing time this year, and I will bet on Davis every time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

hell naw! we don't get rid of the big baby! what are you guys talkin about yo!lets say we put this together coming off the bench the big baby,shaq,nate tiny robinson,von wafer and marquis daniels can this possibly be a line up coming off the bench.