Bill Simmons: Bobcats and Rockets are the front runners to land the elite point guard via trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Bill Simmons: Bobcats and Rockets are the front runners to land the elite point guard via trade

@BlllSimmons

The Boston Celtics have talked to multiple team about trading Rondo. Leaders look to be the Bobcats and Rockets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Bill Simmons: Bobcats and Rockets are the front runners to land the elite point guard via trade

In response to srinivasa's comment:

@BlllSimmons

The Boston Celtics have talked to multiple team about trading Rondo. Leaders look to be the Bobcats and Rockets

6:30 PM - 9 Jul 2013  

So there you have it. The Celtics are talking to multiple teams about moving Rondo as well. It would be a huge get for the Bobcats, who already have Kemba Walker in place.

That said, the real story here is the potential pairing of Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo. We are not sure how the two sides could make it work at this point, but Boston seems desperate to start over with fresh faces everywhere.

Stay tuned.

I'd be shocked if he gets traded before showing he's recovered from his injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Bill Simmons: Bobcats and Rockets are the front runners to land the elite point guard via trade

WOW..... Pairing R9R with my next least FAV  player, Duh-White, would make the Rockets my least FAV but most enjoyable team (to watch lose) by a wide margin.

Move over Lakers and Heat.... here come the H-O-U-S-T-O-N      R-O-C-K-E-T-S!

I'll be subscribing to DIRECTV NBA League Pass this season (6 payments of only $29.99/month) just to watch this fearsome duo of over-rated knuckleheads fall right on their azzzzzz.

Someone pinch me, please.

I must be dreaming.

OR maybe I've croaked already and gone to NBA hell heaven.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Bobcats have nothing for the Celtics unless it's a #1 pick. I would take Asik and Beverly from the Rockets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The Bobcats have nothing for the Celtics unless it's a #1 pick. I would take Asik and Beverly from the Rockets.

I like Asik and T. Jones better myself.

then use some combination of Bass, Lee, Crawford, Melo, Wallace , Himphries to bring in a point (or two) that suits the new coaches approach.

as for Charlotte:

I would guess Sessions and maybe Biyombo or Mullens (if re-sgined).

but I really like getitng Asik and Jones from Houston!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Sorry but....

Bill Ingram @TheRocketGuy    The "Bill Simmons" tweet about Rondo to Houston was a fake account....

and...

Bill Ingram @TheRocketGuy

Apparently there is a rumor floating around that Houston is talking to Boston about Rondo. Dwight's camp is adamantly against that. Unlikely

He is the senior writer for hoopsworld.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Dwight wants to take the role as the veteran leader.  He doesn't want another little dictator undermining him, or telling him what to do like Kobe did.  He knows Rondo, and knows it would be the same.  

Translation:  He wants to dog it and goof around but he doesnt want anyone who's authoritative on the team to call him on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Dwight wants to take the role as the veteran leader.  He doesn't want another little dictator undermining him, or telling him what to do like Kobe did.  He knows Rondo, and knows it would be the same.  

Translation:  He wants to dog it and goof around but he doesnt want anyone who's authoritative on the team to call him on it.

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

yes to rockets:

rondo and humphries to rockets

asik, beverly and 1st rd '14(3rd team) to boston

lin and melo to the 3rd team(sac,bucks)

yes to bobcats:

rondo, humphries and Melo for Sessions/Walker, Biyombo and 1st rd pick '14

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Too bad it is fake. Kemba would be on my short list of young PGs to acquire in a Rondo trade. Dude is seriously underrated and is only going to get better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

it was Rondo's twitter account!

LOL!

Cool