Bill Simmons on Phil Jackson - a great article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Bill Simmons on Phil Jackson - a great article

Yes, I know we all loath that Phil Jackson jumps from team to team.

I also viewed Jackson's departure with the twilight of Kobe's career coming down upon him as proof of his mercenary nature, as if Kobe were just a piece of meat that could feed his ego with the ability to compete for a championship.

But this article is great, even if I do feel like Simmons might have been sent just because ESPN loves the Lakers:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110513&sportCat=nba

Good stuff.  And I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to coach the Knicks.  It would be the first coaching job that I wouldn't feel like he was being an opportunist in taking.

And yes, he was great at managing personalities, and in this era that might be just as important as X's & O's, with the only problem being that you don't see which coaches do a good job of this behind the closed locker room doors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Bill Simmons on Phil Jackson - a great article

It's funny that you compare Kobe to a piece of meat. Reminds of the piece of meat Kobe just left behind in Colorado. ROFL