Bill Simmons Thinks Hayward Coming to Boston!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bill Simmons Thinks Hayward Coming to Boston!

Bill Simmons: From today's BS Report - I believe Boston will make a big play for Gordon Hayward, either a Feb. trade or a restricted FA offer in JulyTwitter @BillSimmons

Rumors tags Boston CelticsUtah JazzFree AgencyTradeGordon Hayward 

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1YyCiAzD.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Bill Simmons Thinks Hayward Coming to Boston!

JG for GH? What say you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"JG for GH? What say you?"

I say absolutely. Utah says - no way. :) 

But - certainly possible the Celts will pursue this....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I already posted this.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. No way Utah takes JG. Could Bradley and Olny get it done ? Or is that a bit too much. I think Hayward should be priority no. 1 . A 6'8" 2 gaurd that can do it all. Then in the draft ( you can forget Embid like people on here are touting cause he's going no. 1 ) if we can get either Parker or Wiggins to play SF ( I would also sign PP for a 2 yr vet min to school these kids along and play 15/18 mins a nite ) we may have something with a healthy RR. We def still need to move Green and Bass before the trade deadline IMO. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

what about

Jefferson and haywood for humphries, bradley, and a future pick conditional. all deals are expiring, so really a wash, with Utah getting a pick(2nd?) to give Boston to have the rights to GH over bradley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Then do JG, BB, for Asik, Montj, and casspi

Rondo+crawford

GH+crawford

Casspi+draft pick+wallace

Sullinger+oly

Asik+fav

Now we have some talent at all positions, with only Wallace as veteren anchor type contract(bad).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This Hayward to Boston thing reminds me of the Slick Rick Pitino days a bit, when every Kentucky player in the NBA was rumoured to be coming to Boston.  If Hayward's contract cost or asking price via trade is reasonsble, then I hope DA pursues him.  To me, he is not worth a king's ransom salary-wise, and I cannot imagine what Utah would want in return for him in picks/players.  His ceiling to me is good player on playoff team, but he's not a transcendant player.  This team needs a lot more than a Gordon Hayward to make a push in the east.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JG for GH? What say you?

[/QUOTE]

Good for the celtics.Not sure that Utah would do it,unless a draft pick is added.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Hayward to Boston thing reminds me of the Slick Rick Pitino days a bit, when every Kentucky player in the NBA was rumoured to be coming to Boston.  If Hayward's contract cost or asking price via trade is reasonsble, then I hope DA pursues him.  To me, he is not worth a king's ransom salary-wise, and I cannot imagine what Utah would want in return for him in picks/players.  His ceiling to me is good player on playoff team, but he's not a transcendant player.  This team needs a lot more than a Gordon Hayward to make a push in the east.   

[/QUOTE]

Look at it from Utah point of view, they have no need to move him for a SG or SF that Boston has.  Boston is going to have to give up something extra to get him to make it worth their while, maybe a first round pick in addition to a player?  Then the Celtics has to turn around and sign him to a big contract which probably has to be agreed upon before the trade.  If the contract is not big enough, Hayward is not going to easily say yes, he probably wants to test the market and gets some bidding going.  In other words, in all likely scenarios, we are going to have to overpay him by a bit to get him because we would not have  much of a leverage by going after him.  Maybe Stevens can talk him into a discount, but I doubt it. Or we wait and bid for him, but Utah is going to match anything reasonable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Then do JG, BB, for Asik, Montj, and casspi

Rondo+crawford

GH+crawford

Casspi+draft pick+wallace

Sullinger+oly

Asik+fav

Now we have some talent at all positions, with only Wallace as veteren anchor type contract(bad).

We're on the same wave lentgh. A...

Rondo- draft pick-Pressey

Hayward-brooks

Pierce ( 1 yr vet min ) Parker-Wallace

Sully- Olny

Asik- Fav

then the next yr you package Sully, the point gaurd we draft this yr, Olny, and picks for Kevin love and were off to the races with

Rondo

Hayward

Parker

Love

Asik

I LIKE it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

As a RFA, Utah has all the leverage as they can simply match any offer next summer unless someone chooses to seriously overpay - which I suspect DA won't & shouldn't do.  So to get him at the trade deadline or sign & trade (if allowed under the new CBA) DA would have to provide a significant sweetener and I am not sure what that would be - I'd rather have GH over AB + a 2nd rd pick (suggested above).  Utah already has it's young front line and I doubt AB is the sweetener.  JG + a future #1...?  I like Hayward but is he worth that...?  Why would Utah take less when they can just match a straight financial offer...?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a RFA, Utah has all the leverage as they can simply match any offer next summer unless someone chooses to seriously overpay - which I suspect DA won't & shouldn't do.  So to get him at the trade deadline or sign & trade (if allowed under the new CBA) DA would have to provide a significant sweetener and I am not sure what that would be - I'd rather have GH over AB + a 2nd rd pick (suggested above).  Utah already has it's young front line and I doubt AB is the sweetener.  JG + a future #1...?  I like Hayward but is he worth that...?  Why would Utah take less when they can just match a straight financial offer...?

[/QUOTE]

You're right Utah won't give him up for nothing and I don't really think the Celtics have the pieces to do so. It's nice to dream, I don't think it will happen with out giving up anything of significance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Im ok with a future 1st rather then the 2nd I threw out there.  C's need a proven scorer at 2 of these 3 positions: SG, SF, C.  I mean potential 18-20 ppg guys.  C is out.  It just doesn't exist at that position anymore, at least not often and not available.  That leaves SG and SF, and no JG doesn't count.  He just isn't going to be one of your top 1 or 2 scorers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im ok with a future 1st rather then the 2nd I threw out there.  C's need a proven scorer at 2 of these 3 positions: SG, SF, C.  I mean potential 18-20 ppg guys.  C is out.  It just doesn't exist at that position anymore, at least not often and not available.  That leaves SG and SF, and no JG doesn't count.  He just isn't going to be one of your top 1 or 2 scorers.

[/QUOTE]

Neither is Avery Bradley on a consistent basis

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

agreed.  Rondo is your closest to it on this team, and he isnt playing yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, except please keep Bradley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In case any of you have forgotten ... no players need to be traded for Hayward. We have a $10.3MM TPE that expires 7/14.'  If it's not used by then we lose it. If I'm Utah, and I agree to a trade then I don't want to be restricted to Celtic assets. Give me the $10MM TPE and I'll find my own player as a replacement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

... you can forget Embid like people on here are touting cause he's going no. 1 ) if we can get either Parker or Wiggins to play SF ( I would also sign PP for a 2 yr vet min to school these kids along and play 15/18 mins a nite ) we may have something with a healthy RR.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.  Embiid will go no earlier than #5 IMO.

Lets look at the worst teams with the best chance at #1 pick:

If Philly gets the number 1 pick then they will clearly take Parker as they badly need a SF (Parker or Wiggins) and invested an All Star for Noel and let him sit for a year.

Utah has Kantor and Favors so they would likely pick Randle (or Parker or Wiggins).

Sacto has Cousins.

Orlando has Vucivic and has much bigger needs at PF (Randle) and PG (Smart).

The Bucks have a young emerging star in Henson - 12.5 PPG; 8 RPG and 2.5 BPG!! at Center.

Charlotte invested and committed to Big Al, but could take Embiid to develop. 

and The Celtics... could pick Embiid.  but the Celtics need players not projects. It would be tough to pass on Parker and Smart if also on the board.  I take Parker, Smart then Embiid in that order if I'm Danny.

So the only way I see Embiid going earlier than #5, is if some team who desparately needs a Center makes a trade for the pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In case any of you have forgotten ... no players need to be traded for Hayward. We have a $10.3MM TPE that expires 7/14.'  If it's not used by then we lose it. If I'm Utah, and I agree to a trade then I don't want to be restricted to Celtic assets. Give me the $10MM TPE and I'll find my own player as a replacement.

And you think that's the best offer the Jazz can come up with for Hayward?

The Jazz will just settle for giving Hayward to the Celts for free?

No draft picks or players involved?

NOT HAPPENING!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you think that's the best offer the Jazz can come up with for Hayward?

The Jazz will just settle for giving Hayward to the Celts for free?

No draft picks or players involved?

NOT HAPPENING!!!

[/QUOTE]

For Free?

They'd be getting up to a $10MM TPE for a player with a QO of $4.7MM!!!

If anyone ever needed to put the crack pipe down it's you ... "Settle?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

For Free?

They'd be getting up to a $10MM TPE for a player with a QO of $4.7MM!!!

If anyone ever needed to put the crack pipe down it's you ... "Settle?"

You don't want to be called stupid but you keep throwing out stupid ideas.

Did you even bother checking the salary cap situation of the Jazz next season?

The Jazz only have 27m in guaranteed contracts next season.

They don't need a TPE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

A TPE is only useful for teams over the cap.

What will a team extremely under the cap do with a TPE?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A TPE is only use for teams over the cap.

What will a team extremely under the cap do with a TPE?

[/QUOTE]

They'd be using it for a player worth $10MM rather than signing Hayward for $10MM which I doubt they want to do. You don't have to be over the cap to use a TPE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

They'd be using it for a player worth $10MM rather than signing Hayward for $10MM which I doubt they want to do. You don't have to be over the cap to use a TPE.

Again, why would you use a TPE if you only have 27m in total salaries and the salary cap is 62m?

It doesn't make sense!