Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic

This means of the app. 8 million we have to spend next year, that we do not haft to use any of it to resign these three players.  The way things look now we would be lucky to resign these three players and use the 8mill. to get   D. West and a big.  Unless we trade one of the big three we need to keep as many of the players form last year as posssible.  If we let a player like Davis walk then we will haft to use some of the 8 million to sigh a power forward. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic

BBD isn't worth resigning, unless he'll do so on the cheap, which he won't do. we have 5-6 players of value as of now: the big 3, rondo, green and JO. and i'm not saying they all have value on the court. some of them have trade value. we're about to rebuild big-time. we have no business spending big money on guys like BBD, krstic, west, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic:
    [QUOTE]BBD isn't worth resigning, unless he'll do so on the cheap, which he won't do. we have 5-6 players of value as of now: the big 3, rondo, green and JO. and i'm not saying they all have value on the court. some of them have trade value. we're about to rebuild big-time. we have no business spending big money on guys like BBD, krstic, west, etc.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I agree. Let BBD walk unless we can get him at our price. Green is restricted and our cost for those rights is already set at $5.9MM, so we should already be set there unless the unlikely scenario occurs and a team swoops in and offers something outrageous that the C's won't match. West played less that 30 games and made less than $1MM last year, so he's not going to be expecting a huge bump in salary and he's also pretty loyal to DA & Doc for giving him a second chance. Krstic is an interesting scenario because he made over $5.5MM last year and may want a significant bump because he was a starter once. I personally don't want him back but there may be a way to work out a sign and trade with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : I agree. Let BBD walk unless we can get him at our price. Green is restricted and our cost for those rights is already set at $5.9MM, so we should already be set there unless the unlikely scenario occurs and a team swoops in and offers something outrageous that the C's won't match. West played less that 30 games and made less than $1MM last year, so he's not going to be expecting a huge bump in salary and he's also pretty loyal to DA & Doc for giving him a second chance. Krstic is an interesting scenario because he made over $5.5MM last year and may want a significant bump because he was a starter once. I personally don't want him back but there may be a way to work out a sign and trade with him.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Why would yous guys (mary & wfdog) let Davis walk? He's one of the few assets we can use to get another big via the S&T route. Kristic is a good situational starter or backup depending on the opponent. He can spread the floor, take the outside jumper which helps the Big Three while pulling the opponents big away from the rim and rebounding. He too is an asset that could be used in a S&T for another player ... Atlanta would like another C so they can move Horford to his true position at PF. We could offer Kristic and some filler for Jamal Crawford. Then see if Herr Stern would take Davis and filller for David West. We'd be left with only JO at center but we'd still have the MLE and LLE to land any number of free agent bigs ... DeAndre Jordan, Nene, Joel Przybilla, Kwame Brown, Dan Gadzuric, Jeff Foster, Spencer Hawes and maybe Dalembert if he'll take MLE for a chance to get a ring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I thought that Kristic was going to play in Europe.  At least that is what I read on another thread.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I hope that he doesn't leave since really need big men.  Green is the most important player that the Celtics really need to resign.  He would be a huge loss to this team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen Davis is a very good player and most likely can not be replaced because of the $$$$ we have to spend.  Green and Kristic should both be retained if possible with the bird rights.  These three guys could figure a lot in a future trade or if we decide to make one last run.  I hope we decide to make one last run or break the whole bunch up by trading the big four for quality youth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : Why would yous guys (mary & wfdog) let Davis walk? He's one of the few assets we can use to get another big via the S&T route. Kristic is a good situational starter or backup depending on the opponent. He can spread the floor, take the outside jumper which helps the Big Three while pulling the opponents big away from the rim and rebounding. He too is an asset that could be used in a S&T for another player ... Atlanta would like another C so they can move Horford to his true position at PF. We could offer Kristic and some filler for Jamal Crawford. Then see if Herr Stern would take Davis and filller for David West. We'd be left with only JO at center but we'd still have the MLE and LLE to land any number of free agent bigs ... DeAndre Jordan, Nene, Joel Przybilla, Kwame Brown, Dan Gadzuric, Jeff Foster, Spencer Hawes and maybe Dalembert if he'll take MLE for a chance to get a ring.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    With all his issues and size I guess I just don't see a team offering BBD a contract of 3 years or more which I think in mandatory for a sign and trade. However, if BBD keeps tweeting vids of him working out and it drums up a lot of interest, then maybe the Celts can make it worth his while with a bonus to do a sign and trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : With all his issues and size I guess I just don't see a team offering BBD a contract of 3 years or more which I think in mandatory for a sign and trade. However, if BBD keeps tweeting vids of him working out and it drums up a lot of interest, then maybe the Celts can make it worth his while with a bonus to do a sign and trade.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Only the first year has to be guaranteed ... a signing bonus can be paid in the first year and allocated over the three year term for cap purposes reducing entire salary charged to cap in year two and three.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : Only the first year has to be guaranteed ... a signing bonus can be paid in the first year and allocated over the three year term for cap purposes reducing entire salary charged to cap in year two and three.

The "sneaky" Mployee8 strikes when almost everybody is asleep. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : The "sneaky" Mployee8 strikes when almost everybody is asleep. LOL
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

except you and the odd squad ... you need to defend him now since he can no longer post after midnight or is he back on the Keystone wagon and helpless?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birdrights for Baby, Green, and Kristic : except you and the odd squad ... you need to defend him now since he can no longer post after midnight or is he back on the Keystone wagon and helpless?

Fierce needs no defending, he already beat you up on this board numerous times. Maybe that's why he sleeps better at night and you wait until he's asleep before you post. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The people on this board would have supported you if you were man enough to accept defeat. Let's face it, Fierce is more annoying compared to you. The problem is posters on this board lost respect for you when you tried to weasel your way out of the bet that you clearly lost. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Keep the big four with a new athletic center and JO, Davis, Green and West.  WE are ready for another run next year.