Bleacher Report ranks C's as 2nd worst team in NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Bleacher Report ranks C's as 2nd worst team in NBA

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bradley has gone downhill. He did nothing in the playoffs.

I think the league adjusted to him.

Bradley played out of postition. He is not a ball handler/floor general. Thats for players like Rondo and Pressey

[/QUOTE]

Bradley doesn't have a postion. That is the problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

when was the last time ONE LOTTO PICK turned a team around?  it happens rarely.  we should not sacrifice player development and getting the most out of humphries and wallace's dead bodies' contracts for "tanking to get a top pick".  if there's so many great people in the '14 draft then it doesn't matter if we are #1, or #10

pitino worked so hard (via ML CARR) to tank us, it got us nothing.  doing it again will get us... nothing once again.  if that's the way it goes, then okay, but don't strive for it

the spurs (duncan), the bulls (jordan), the cavs (lebron), the thunder (durant), the bulls (rose), the cavs (irving), the heat (wade)... there are several examples. i don't hear anyone saying boston should sacrifice player development to tank, the team is bad, it's that simple. instead of making a panicked trade to bring the team back to mediocrity like last year they should roll the dice and see what pick they end with.

you can't base the future lottery on what happened in the past. patino didn't get duncan, but he did get a future HOF and Finals MVP in chauncey billups, then traded him for kenny anderson. also drafted joe johnson, then traded him for idk what... trading high lotto picks has worked out just as bad as tanking for them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow...2nd worst? LOL...even I wasn't THAT pessimistic...

I suppose that depends on Rondo and when he'll be back...if he's not back until the 2nd half of the season this guesstimate might be true, at least in term of record...

I can just see 'lil R9R approaching his contract year with doc in Clipperland, RA with the Heat and KG/CPP in Brooklyn all competing for rings... while back in Beantown he leads a team hoping to win the Andrew Wiggins lottery.

A lose-lose situation for our foundering ASPG as he probes the depths of futility and despair.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

There are other guys on the team babe. It's true. I am not just making that up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

"A lose-lose situation for our foundering ASPG as he probes the depths of futility and despair."

Pure prose! LMFAO!!!

Excdept foundering makes no sense.  

Rondo=non issue.

Pud=Mrs Creepers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Losing doesn't ensure you a top pick, we didn't "lose out on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant," the NBA hand picks where the top players are going in advance and they tend to go to financially troubled teams and to owners threatening to move... or did you really think LeBron just ended up in Cleveland, Yao ended up wearing China's national color, Durant was enough to launch a franchise in Oklahoma even if he couldn't save Seattle and Duncan saved the Spurs from relocating as well as won a ring for Navy Vet and all around nice guy David Robinson?

If you went back and researched how many team owners who were threatening or planning to move and were "lucky" enough to win the draft lottery, it would blow your mind.  

This team is middle of the league right now, or right about where they were with the old players on their roster last season, they could go 2nd in the Atlantic if everything goes right... but at least there's hope for the future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The range of bad the Celtics could be is unknown.  Will they be third worst or thirteenth worst no way anyone can know.  We will be bad is all we know. So lottery nuts cool your jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.tHAT IS THE GOAL.

[QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In Rondo's absence, Jeff Green is their best player.  While a good player, JG isn't leading this team anywhere except to the lottery. 

.............................................................................................................................

Rondo, Green, and Olynyk are all pretty good players. Wallace was an allstar, Humphries was a double double guy, Bradley is a great defender, Pressey looks good, Faverani has some skills, etc...

It's not like we are starting Ryan Gomes and Sebastian Telfair.

No, but in reality, we could be starting Phil Pressey & Fab Melo

[/QUOTE]

No way Melo starts.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. But, if:

Pressey, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Melo are our starting 5 .... thats a sure thing to the lottery.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bradley played out of postition. He is not a ball handler/floor general. Thats for players like Rondo and Pressey

[/QUOTE]

Bradley doesn't have a postion. That is the problem.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley is a SG. He had to much on his plate. All he needs to do is play lockdown D and be a spot up shooter/penetrator. Thats it. I dont remember all this negative talk about him when he had his shooting stroke down.

[/QUOTE]

An undersized SG who can't shoot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

wow!  the guy had 3 shoulder surgeries in the course of several months.  it's no wonder his shooting touch was not back, not that it was stellar to begin with but functional.  the question is whether his shoulders are permanently screwed up and will he never get his touch back. that's the difference b/t spot defensive stopper and someone who plays any more minutes than that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pressey?  "floor general"?  The undrafted rookie? He is ANOTHER 2 guard in a PG body.  Danny loves those guys. Shoot first guy who's turnover prone and small.

Bradley sucks at the 1.  But at least he is an actual NBA player.  Any other year where there weren't 10 teams trying their damnedest to suck Pressey would be Dleague bound.

I'd feel better with Brooks as PG...and that guy DOESN'T PASS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

[QUOTE]

wow!  the guy had 3 shoulder surgeries in the course of several months.  it's no wonder his shooting touch was not back, not that it was stellar to begin with but functional.  the question is whether his shoulders are permanently screwed up and will he never get his touch back. that's the difference b/t spot defensive stopper and someone who plays any more minutes than that

[/QUOTE]

Bradley gave everything he had, but he is not strong enough to be an everyday starter in the NBA. His body is already breaking down.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

When I think of "floor generals" I think of Kidd, The Glove, DJ, Rondo, Magic...guys that control and orchestrate the offense at a very high level. So maybe it's just a personal ideal of the phrase.  I wouldn't just throw in any guy who can play PG in the NBA into that category.

Pressey has to prove he's even at the Telfair level before we lump him in with a PG like Rondo.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

When I think of "floor generals" I think of Kidd, The Glove, DJ, Rondo, Magic...guys that control and orchestrate the offense at a very high level. So maybe it's just a personal ideal of the phrase.  I wouldn't just throw in any guy who can play PG in the NBA into that category.

Pressey has to prove he's even at the Telfair level before we lump him in with a PG like Rondo.  

Pressey is way better than Telfair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Even in great drafts there are still a lot of Olawakandi's, Darko's, Beasley's, Kwame Browns, and Bowies.  I think in the fervor of this over hyped draft some have forgotten this fact. The number of can't miss franchise saving superstars in the '14 draft seems to go up by the week.  It's laughable.

First it was Wiggins and Parker, then it was Wiggins, Parker, Randall, then add Smart, now it's 7 or 8 guys that are locks for the Hall of Fame.  

Lets settle down with the BS.  There will probably be two superstars, 3 maybe 4 all stars and the rest will be a sprinkling of starters, role players and scrubs.  And those players will probably not just fall into order like people seem to think.  It will be just like every other overhyped draft, some hits, a lot of misses, but mostly run of the mill stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

i'm confident Boston will secure a top 5 pick in 2014, which represents hope for the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1708425-nba-power-rankings-stacking-up-every-team-after-2013-free-agent-frenzy/page/3

Like the Sixers, the Boston Celtics plan to stink for a reason: They want Andrew Wiggins...or Julius Randle...or Jabari Parker...or Marcus Smart...or any of the other bajillion or so superstar prospects likely to be available in the 2014 NBA draft.

Even you're confident that the Celts would end up with a top 5 pick.

That's why in my LaMarcus Aldridge thread I had the Celtics offering the Blazers Sully, Bradley, and the #5 pick for Aldridge. 

It makes sense to acquire Aldridge if you have Rondo and Green and you didn't end up getting Andrew Wiggins.

But if Ainge trades Rondo then there's no need for a LaMarcus Aldridge.

[/QUOTE]

i just don't think portland would accept two bench players and the #5 pick for aldridge. if they were dumb enough to take that deal then by all means danny should do it. it would also be difficult for danny to add talent around aldridge and rondo with wallace being on the books for the next 3 seasons. aldridge and rondo are 27, green is 26, and the window to win wouldn't be that long. we will be talking about tanking again in 3-5 years. 

IMO boston is better off keeping their pick and hoping to get an elite talent to pair with rondo and the other young role players like green, bradley, sully, olynyk, brooks..etc. then trade picks in 2015-18 for proven talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?   Telfair hasn't lived up to his potential but has been a starter in the NBA for multiple teams.   Pressey has yet to play in a real NBA game.

Telfair was the 13th pick, the only PG drafted out of high school, and was thought to be the next great PG.  Even the biggest homer couldn't honestly say that Telfair isn't the more talented player at the same point in their respective careers.

Telfair has started in almost 200 games.  His best year he averaged 10pts and 6 assists.  So when Pressey starts for 50 games or more and puts up those type of #s than we can talk about him being "way better" than Bassy.  Who I don't even like as a player.  Geez your homerism is making me defend a scrub like Telfair?  Rock bottom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh i'm not saying he's on their level. Def not but i'm saying that is sort of his skill set and makes him a better option to run point behind Rondo than someone like Bradley or Crawford.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  I hope he is a surprise.  Hanging hope on a guy who was passed up by every team in the NBA twice just seems wishful to say the least.  Unfortunately there is no other option.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?   Telfair hasn't lived up to his potential but has been a starter in the NBA for multiple teams.   Pressey has yet to play in a real NBA game.

Telfair was the 13th pick, the only PG drafted out of high school, and was thought to be the next great PG.  Even the biggest homer couldn't honestly say that Telfair isn't the more talented player at the same point in their respective careers.

Telfair has started in almost 200 games.  His best year he averaged 10pts and 6 assists.  So when Pressey starts for 50 games or more and puts up those type of #s than we can talk about him being "way better" than Bassy.  Who I don't even like as a player.  Geez your homerism is making me defend a scrub like Telfair?  Rock bottom.

[/QUOTE]

telfair was the #13 overall pick based on potential. looking back on his career, a guy with a career best 10pt 6 assist season could be considered a 2nd round talent. while pressey is undrafted and unproven, i think he has the potential to be a similar 2nd round NBA talent. they both have similar size and skill sets. if pressey does have a career similar to telfair (7.4ppg, 3.5apg, 1.5tpg) he will certainly be the much better value. i was surprised he went undrafted, while he doesn't have a high ceiling, i believe his floor is solid. we shall see...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Nobody come back from an ACL surgery after 6 months at full-speed.  Players that come back too soon always experience multiple set-backs.  Either we sit down Rondo or we take the risk of reinjuring himself.  

Without Rondo, we are possibly the 2nd worse team in the league.  No true back-up PG, not enough shooting, not a great starting Center, a rookie coach...a lot of ingredients for a bad season.  Who can create his own shot in this roster?  You can criticize Pierce all you want but he had to create shots at the end of posessions. That is what separate stars. Jeff Green or A Bradley can't do that.  Without Rondo, we could be very bad.  I don't deny there is talent in this roster, but the pieces don't fit.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to basketbert's comment:

[QUOTE]

If the team stays like it is now and RR comes back soon there's no way we'll have the 2nd worst record.

Numero Uno for sure.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

If youthink that better hope he stays so we get wiggins :) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Losing doesn't ensure you a top pick, we didn't "lose out on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant," the NBA hand picks where the top players are going in advance and they tend to go to financially troubled teams and to owners threatening to move... or did you really think LeBron just ended up in Cleveland, Yao ended up wearing China's national color, Durant was enough to launch a franchise in Oklahoma even if he couldn't save Seattle and Duncan saved the Spurs from relocating as well as won a ring for Navy Vet and all around nice guy David Robinson?

If you went back and researched how many team owners who were threatening or planning to move and were "lucky" enough to win the draft lottery, it would blow your mind.  

This team is middle of the league right now, or right about where they were with the old players on their roster last season, they could go 2nd in the Atlantic if everything goes right... but at least there's hope for the future.

Very interesting theory.  I certainly hope that you are wrong but I believe that this could possibly happen. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Yep, just wait until Wiggins ends up in Toronto.  You can already read the writing on the wall.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Very interesting theory.  I certainly hope that you are wrong but I believe that this could possibly happen. 

Not sure I buy the conspiracy theory, but I get the point that being bad is no guarantee that you get the top pick.  That being said, this team could use an infusion of young talent. Ridding your team of vets with no future here and playing young, inexperienced guys will have two benefits:

1) the young guys develop and you make a judgement about whether they're keepers or trade bait

2) young teams don't win -- and having a shot at a high lottery pick after you've decided to rebuild could advance the rebuilding process dramatically if you get the right guy

If I'm Danny, I tell Rondo to take all the time he needs coming back.  I'd play Melo, Bradley, Sullinger, Pressey, Brooks and Olynyk as many minutes as possible and see what you've got.  Guys like Wallace, Humphries, Bass and Lee should be traded for anything Danny can get, such as shorter contracts or picks.