blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

BBD  is going to come back and haunt DA.  Knicks a better team than Celtics this year.  Hope all is well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.:
    [QUOTE]BBD  is going to come back and haunt DA.  Knicks a better team than Celtics this year.  Hope all is well.
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

LO is going to come back to haunt the lakers..........maybe he'll cheap shot koME!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year. : Bass played well, or did I miss that? He clearly outplayed the guy he replaced, who is now in ORL.  You said bench play has been weak.  Bass played better than Davis, who now apparently STARTS for ORL.  And, he didn't play with confidence?? No, I don't think you explained your point  - I re read it, like you asked, and it still sounds like you dont' like Bass.  Also, the starters for TOR were in the game at the end, against our bench!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] I didnt watch either game but its very premature to compare one preseason games stats btw BBD & Bass and christen the Celtics victors in the trade. Also, stats rarely tell the whole story... for example, not expecting BBD to grab as mant rebs/min as he did in Boston.. With the C's, he was one of the few bangin the boards... in Orlando, he'll have to take the crumbs DH leaves behind. Perspective can be inserted with just about every stat which is why they arent as important imo... watching the players in the game over a period of time gives you much better input.  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

And I disagree with both of you - BBD was NOT a banger.  He was an undersized PF who averaged about 4 boards per game.  The point cole-ly was making, I think, is that Bass is not an upgrade over BBD.  Time will tell, that is true, but IMO he can't be any worse.  We got killed on the boards last year, and the additions of Bass and Wilcox SHOULD make up for Davis' complete indifference to rebounding.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Red, when comparing BBD to Bass, remember that:
     - its one preseason game so far to compare
     - Bass played against the Toronto Rapters whiel BBD played against the Miami Heat

I think we can safely say the jury is still out.  But, I'm pulling for Bass.  I do hope he's better than BBD - but we can't stake claim to that yet.

Karl, the issue with Doc playing KG, Ray, and PP so much is that Danny left him with injured players and scrubs.  I watched game after game where we built a 10 or 15 point lead, started substituting, and watched the lead go down to 2 or nothing.   Danny failed this team by not building a bench and the luck of the Irish kicked our rear by giving us injuries to Shaq, JON, Delonte, and Quis.  

Play the rookies?  Get real.  You wanted Bradley, Luke H, or Giddens to save the day?  Really?  Where are they now on their weaker teams?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year. : There is no need to blow up the team. We have a very good team. Better than last year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You are delusional.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Red, when comparing BBD to Bass, remember that:  - its one preseason game so far to compare  - Bass played against the Toronto Rapters whiel BBD played against the Miami Heat I think we can safely say the jury is still out.  But, I'm pulling for Bass.  I do hope he's better than BBD - but we can't stake claim to that yet. Karl, the issue with Doc playing KG, Ray, and PP so much is that Danny left him with injured players and scrubs.  I watched game after game where we built a 10 or 15 point lead, started substituting, and watched the lead go down to 2 or nothing.   Danny failed this team by not building a bench and the luck of the Irish kicked our rear by giving us injuries to Shaq, JON, Delonte, and Quis.   Play the rookies?  Get real.  You wanted Bradley, Luke H, or Giddens to save the day?  Really?  Where are they now on their weaker teams?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I dont recall saying play the rookies... if that statement was directed towards me.

The thing about Doc is he says each year how he'll limit Big 3 minutes...when he already knows his roster.. then flip/flops..

I agree with your point about losing lots of leads... but my point is Doc should  either do what he says or shut up.  Knowing we need our old timers somewhat alive for the playoffs, not running them into the ground should be a top priority... since if our goal if to win a title, what could me more important.

Also, there have been more than a few times Quis (and others) have played exceptional and Doc takes him out and he sits rest of game. Thats where he can get some rest minutes for PP but Doc sticks to his script.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

maybe "blow it up" wasn't the right phrase. i realize we're not gonna get anything of value in exchange for ray or KG. the best thing to do is to ride the season out. enjoy it for what it is. i don't expect to do any more than make the playoffs. the important thing is not to commit to take on any more salary in an effort to save THIS year. waiting for next year is probably our best move at this point. then we can take advantage of the cap space. i will continue to watch and be a fan. i just don't expect much. hope that clears up my position.

[QUOTE]I hope you're not implying that a healthy Jeff Green would have been some kind of huge difference maker. Sorry, he's not that good.  Your post is ridiculous for this reason: Ainge has always entertained good offers for our best players and would have made a move (CP3) if he could.  By saying "blow up the team," you are implying that Ainge's aggressive moves were not enough and that he should trade our best players for pennies on the dollar. That's foollishness. Especially given that there are NO dominant teams in the NBA right now and the best team in our conference (Heat) talentwise has big maturity problems.  I'm gonna go ahead and root for our flawed team and you may want to do the same, especially when you consider that it was Ainge's desire to blow things up (including trading Perk) that got this team into trouble without a center. Careful what you wish for....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year. : I dont recall saying play the rookies... if that statement was directed towards me. The thing about Doc is he says each year how he'll limit Big 3 minutes...when he already knows his roster.. then flip/flops.. I agree with your point about losing lots of leads... but my point is Doc should  either do what he says or shut up.  Knowing we need our old timers somewhat alive for the playoffs, not running them into the ground should be a top priority... since if our goal if to win a title, what could me more important. Also, there have been more than a few times Quis (and others) have played exceptional and Doc takes him out and he sits rest of game. Thats where he can get some rest minutes for PP but Doc sticks to his script.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I could swear your post said "Play the youngins" but I could be wrong.  Many others have also said "Doc doesn't give Rookies a chance".   I was reacting to both your and other's statements about that.   

I have mixed emotions about the way substituting was done.  I wanted to win and get better home court advantage because I thought it was critical.  In fact, I believe its a very large part of why we didn't win game 7 in LA in 2009.  So, I bet Doc was fighting for every win and I found it hard to argue with that.  I also found that the injuries and poor performance of our bench was an issue.  That said, i agree that Wafer could make a difference.   I don't agree on Quis as he was injured for the entire second half of the season so he pulling him from games in the first half of the year was a non-factor to me.

As far as him shutting up, I think he really INTENDS to play the other players but his desire to win a game gets the best of him and he doesn't give the bench a long enough leash for fear of losing without his Big 4 in there.   But, I can see why you say he should either do it or shut up about it.

We'll see if he plays more bench this year.  Should be interesting!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year. : I could swear your post said "Play the youngins" but I could be wrong.  Many others have also said "Doc doesn't give Rookies a chance".   I was reacting to both your and other's statements about that.    I have mixed emotions about the way substituting was done.  I wanted to win and get better home court advantage because I thought it was critical.  In fact, I believe its a very large part of why we didn't win game 7 in LA in 2009.  So, I bet Doc was fighting for every win and I found it hard to argue with that.  I also found that the injuries and poor performance of our bench was an issue.  That said, i agree that Wafer could make a difference.   I don't agree on Quis as he was injured for the entire second half of the season so he pulling him from games in the first half of the year was a non-factor to me. As far as him shutting up, I think he really INTENDS to play the other players but his desire to win a game gets the best of him and he doesn't give the bench a long enough leash for fear of losing without his Big 4 in there.   But, I can see why you say he should either do it or shut up about it. We'll see if he plays more bench this year.  Should be interesting!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

"Play the youngins" does sound like something I would say... maybe I stand corrected..

About Doc and substituting... I still find it hard to understand ... and Im thinking about one particular game early in season. Quis was playing great, posting & scoring etc in the first half... his best game of the season. Doc sits him and Quis doesnt see the floor until it doesnt matter anymore.

My point being this scenario had occured in more than 1 or 2 instances last year.. and not just Quis. Ive always felt if a player is having his way in a game, let him run. Builds confidence, rests your starters and rewards the player.

Instead, Doc sticks to the script.. and deserves criticism when his older guys run out of gas later in the year.. These are perfect opportunities to follow through on Docs self imposed mandate to lower minutes for the Big 3.

Also, hows the morale of some of these guys on the bench. When they are getting it done, to be yanked and treated with indifference by the coach. They all want playing time...when they perform & it can help give the old timers rest, what goes through their minds when they sit the bench for the rest of the game?