Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

Did it happen?

I never made a single prediction of a deadline trade. Just entertained some fun ideas that I said were not likely to ever happen.

But one poster who failed is Fiercy. He said to expect Boozer to be traded with the Bulls 1st round pick in a salary dump for an expiring contract.

I told him that was idiotic, especially with the amnesty clause remaining, and not fair value. But Fiercy insisted it was highly likely.

FAIL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

Don't forget these marvelous predictions by Fungy:

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014 Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014

Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Just two moves.

Trade Hump and Bass for expiring contracts or picks and we're done.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline???

posted at 2/17/2014 12:21 PM EST

• Fiercy
    • First: 1/7/2014
    • Last: 2/20/2014

In response to Petey62's comment:

Are we willing to make a trade that benefits another team and not the Celtics?  I am really beginning to wonder if any team will give us something we need or can use that will help in our rebuild.

We, Celtics fans, are the only people who believe Bass and Bogans and Humphries are going to yield us quality players or picks.  It's just not going to happen.

And I, for one, am against DA trading these guys if it doesn't benefit us.  As much sense as it makes to move these guys, it's senseless to do it without getting some value in return.

There seems to be very little talk of pending trades.  Very few rumors this close to the deadline.  Why?

That's because a lot of trades will happen at the trade deadline.

Right now teams are posturing, waiting for someone else to make the first move.

And Ainge already made a trade that resulted in the Pistons getting a championship and the Celts not benefitting from it.

Remember the Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston trade?

posted at 2/18/2014 7:52 PM EST

• Fiercy

I'm hearing a rumor of Bayless to Detroit for Wil Bynum.

If this is the trade deadline deal by DA, I'd consider the Celtics as having done nothing.

I'm really beginning to believe we will not make a deal by Thursday at 3 pm EST.

It doesn't seem like DA really wants to.

I'm not disappointed if that is the case.

No way Ainge doesn't make a move. Worst case scenario is Ainge only makes 1 trade  

posted at 2/18/2014 8:11 PM EST

• Fiercy

Fierce, I hear you but, again, if that one trade is Bayless for Wil Bynum, then I'm not considering that any real kind of deal.

I mean, doesn't seem like anybody wants Hump or Bass for what the Celtics are asking.  Besides, other teams are driving that deal happening.  Not the Celtics.

Also, it's being reported that DA is receiving calls about Rondo, Sully, Oly and Green.  Maybe that's just too many "irons in the fire" to focus on one good, meaningful deal.

What deal do you think DA will eventually make because there is nothing seemingly imminent as of now?

Bass and Hump will be gone.

Both players are really playing well and playoff teams would really benefit from having Bass or Hump.

The Suns or Bobcats would be ideal for Hump.

OKC would be ideal for Bass.

Worst case scenario is out of the two, Bass and Hump, only one gets traded.

jack nicholson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward also didn't happen, right?

Rondo for George Hill happened?

We both got it wrong.

The only difference between you and I is I don't pretend to be better than Red Auerbach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We both got it wrong.

The only difference between you and I is I don't pretend to be better than Red Auerbach.

[/QUOTE]

No you don't

jack nicholson

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

We both got it wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha

I got none of those wrong. What an idiot. I didn't predict either of those.

Fiercy was wrong OVER and OVER.

And if he still thinks that Dave Gavitt had more to do with the Celtics issues rebuilding in the 1990's than Red Auerbach... well he's WRONG there too!

Can't use facts and the truth to teach a loser and a bully. Once he makes up his mind about something, even if it it is NOT TRUE, he'll just continue to believe his own lies and refuse to see the truth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Hahahahaha

And if he still thinks that Dave Gavitt had more to do with the Celtics issues rebuilding in the 1990's than Red Auerbach... well he's WRONG there too!

Can't use facts and the truth to teach a loser and a bully. Once he makes up his mind about something, even if it it is NOT TRUE, he'll just continue to believe his own lies and refuse to see the truth.

You really think everybody here is stupid?

Yeah, you didn't predict those trades, but every time I tell you that Joel Anthony for Hayward or Rondo for George Hill will not happen, you keep arguing with me.

Didn't you keep telling me that it was fair or VERY fair?

Duh!

And yes, I can prove that Dave Gavitt didn't do anything to make the Celts better during his time.

But according to your fantasy, not trading McHale for Perkins and Schrempf is the reason why the Celts sucked in the 1990s.

I got news for you, we will never now what would've happened if Sam Perkins and Schrempf became Celtic players.

You're just speculating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

You really think everybody here is stupid?

Yeah, you didn't predict those trades, but every time I tell you that Joel Anthony for Hayward or Rondo for George Hill will not happen, you keep arguing with me.

Didn't you keep telling me that it was fair or VERY fair?

Duh!

And yes, I can prove that Dave Gavitt didn't do anything to make the Celts better during his time.

But according to your fantasy, not trading McHale for Perkins and Schrempf is the reason why the Celts sucked in the 1990s.

I got news for you, we will never now what would've happened if Sam Perkins and Schrempf became Celtic players.

You're just speculating.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad nobody was asking you to prove what Dave Gavitt did or did not do over 4 years as CEO.

You were asked: 'What set the 1990's rebuild back further, Red's '89 deadline/draft decisions or Gavitt's decisions after Bird retired in '92 and Reggie died in '93?' Because YOU said Gavitt set the rebuild back after those two events, and I said 'yeah, probably, but his hands were tied by then, Red set the rebuild back MORE.' and you foolishly decided to disagree with the facts.

You FAILED to prove Gavitt's 'Unable to really do anything' approach was worse than Red's 'mess up everything by doing the opposite of what everyone else in the organization wanted' approach.

Hahaha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is not speculation that by not making that trade, that was CONFIRMED to be offered AND by drafting massive bust Michael Smith over Tim Hardaway (oh... conveniently forgot the most importance part huh Fiercy) when EVERYONE else in the front office wanted Hardaway, that Red destroyed the 1990's way more than Gavitt did.

FACTS.... you hate them Fierce b/c they prove you wrong. Speculating is you thinking Gavitt could have gotten anything by 1992 for McHale's corpse or a 39 year old Parish.

Another FACT is that I did not want the Rondo to the Pacers for picks, $ and Hill trade idea to happen, just said we could discuss it as being 'fair' and that I NEVER 'predicted the Hayward for two good 1sr rd picks and Anthony's $ deal to happen, just proved it was 'very fair'

So nobody here is 'stupid' when they believe you have been wrong over and over and lost your arguments with me BADLY these last 2-3 weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Too bad nobody was asking you to prove what Dave Gavitt did or did not do over 4 years as CEO.

You were asked: 'What set the 1990's rebuild back further, Red's '89 deadline/draft decisions or Gavitt's decisions after Bird retired in '92 and Reggie died in '93?' Because YOU said Gavitt set the rebuild back after those two events, and I said 'yeah, probably, but his hands were tied by then, Red set the rebuild back MORE.' and you foolishly decided to disagree with the facts.

You FAILED to prove Gavitt's 'Unable to really do anything' approach was worse than Red's 'mess up everything by doing the opposite of what everyone else in the organization wanted' approach.

Hahaha

rame

Both you and I are Celtic fans, right?

From the 1950s up to 1986 Red Auerbach was responsible for the Celtics' 16 NBA championships.

Dave Gavitt was then hired in 1990 to take over for Red Auerbach.

Gavitt was then fired in 1994.

From Danny Ainge to Chris Wallace to Rick Pitino to ML Carr, all of them made something happen or did something that took the Celtics further than the 1st round of the playoffs.

ML Carr took over for Gavitt in 1994 and was replaced by Rick Pitino in 1997.

So what will Carr be remembered for?

The tanking in 1996-97, right?

But Carr also drafted Antoine Walker in 1996.

Toine became an All-Star player.

Chris Wallace took over when Pitino stepped down.

What did Wallace do that Celtic fans will remember?

He traded Joe Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk in 2002 and the Celts went to the east finals that year, right?

So you see, rame, almost every front office man the Celts hired, except Gavitt, did something good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Also, I'm not saying I expected Gavitt to get something for McHale.

My problem with Gavitt is he didn't do anything.

He didn't even try!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Was Boozer and the Bulls '14 pick traded in a salary dump Fiercy?

Was one of Hump and Bass DEFINITELY dealt by the deadline?

Did Dave Gavitt sign Dominique Wilkins or was that Red?

Was Xavier McDaniel signed AFTER Reggie Lewis died?

If Hump walks do we subtract his 2014 salary from the 2014 payroll and magically come up with the 2015 payroll?

Can we only give our free agents four year sign and trade deals but other teams can offer them FIVE year deals?

Is the 'right to swap picks' the same thing as being able to TRADE a 1st round pick?

Hahahaha

But yeah... I look bad for having fun with some rumors and discussing the aspect of fairness and how deals I don't think have any shot at happening could help both sides if made. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

rame

The thing is I turned you into the next Mployee.

You're arguing with me and talking about Fiercy until 3am or 5am.

Posters here are already starting to ignore you because you're acting like Fiercy and Mployee.

I already accomplished what I set out to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

Both you and I are Celtic fans, right?

From the 1950s up to 1986 Red Auerbach was responsible for the Celtics' 16 NBA championships. 

Dave Gavitt was then hired in 1990 to take over for Red Auerbach.

Gavitt was then fired in 1994.

From Danny Ainge to Chris Wallace to Rick Pitino to ML Carr, all of them made something happen or did something that took the Celtics further than the 1st round of the playoffs. 

ML Carr took over for Gavitt in 1994 and was replaced by Rick Pitino in 1997.

So what will Carr be remembered for?

The tanking in 1996-97, right?

But Carr also drafted Antoine Walker in 1996.

Toine became an All-Star player.

Chris Wallace took over when Pitino stepped down.

What did Wallace do that Celtic fans will remember?

He traded Joe Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk in 2002 and the Celts went to the east finals that year, right?

So you see, rame, almost every front office man the Celts hired, except Gavitt, did something good.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad the question was not 'Did Dave Gavitt make a bunch of good moves while running the front office from 1990-1994?'

Why do you find this so complicated?

You made a statement:

Fiercy: "Dave Gavitt failing to trade McHale/Parish after Bird died in 1992, like Ainge traded Pierce/KG, was what set the Celtics rebuild back in the 1990's."

I made a statement:

Ram: "Sure, looking back he should have tried to get something, but it woulda been tough to get value for McHale's corpse and a 39 year old Parish by 1992. What REALLY set the Celtics back in the 90's was Red going against everyone on his staff's desires and refusing to trade McHale for Schrempf/Perkins and drafting Michael Smith over Tim Hardaway in 1989."

All you had to do Fiercy was agree that Red's poor decision making in 1989... despite his legendary decision making from 1956-1986... were the more crushing blow to the Celtics of the 1990's than Gavitt failing to get some teams 1993 and 1994 2nd rd picks for Parish and McHale.

I mean Gavitt was hired because Red failed so badly... and he was 'fired' because Red wanted to fail badly again... and sure enough he signed Dominique, Pervis and Dana Barros and kept the Celtics out of the top 5 of the 1995 lottery. So he failed AGAIN in the 90's.

But yeah, the 90's rebuild failure was all Gavitt's fault huh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

Posters here are already starting to ignore you because you're acting like Fiercy and Mployee.

[/QUOTE]

Fungus, you are quite the masochist. You have  cleverly groomed both #8 and rame to beat the living snot out of you .

How utterly brilliant.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Too bad the question was not 'Did Dave Gavitt make a bunch of good moves while running the front office from 1990-1994?'

Why do you find this so complicated?

You made a statement:

Fiercy: "Dave Gavitt failing to trade McHale/Parish after Bird died in 1992, like Ainge traded Pierce/KG, was what set the Celtics rebuild back in the 1990's."

I made a statement:

Ram: "Sure, looking back he should have tried to get something, but it woulda been tough to get value for McHale's corpse and a 39 year old Parish by 1992. What REALLY set the Celtics back in the 90's was Red going against everyone on his staff's desires and refusing to trade McHale for Schrempf/Perkins and drafting Michael Smith over Tim Hardaway in 1989."

All you had to do Fiercy was agree that Red's poor decision making in 1989... despite his legendary decision making from 1956-1986... were the more crushing blow to the Celtics of the 1990's than Gavitt failing to get some teams 1993 and 1994 2nd rd picks for Parish and McHale.

I mean Gavitt was hired because Red failed so badly... and he was 'fired' because Red wanted to fail badly again... and sure enough he signed Dominique, Pervis and Dana Barros and kept the Celtics out of the top 5 of the 1995 lottery. So he failed AGAIN in the 90's.

But yeah, the 90's rebuild failure was all Gavitt's fault huh?

rame

Doing nothing is just the same as making bad moves.

Gavitt might not have gotten anything for McHale, but Parish still had value.

Parish played until 1997.

You're running around in circles, rame.

Also, why would you keep insisting that I agree with about Red not trading McHale for Sam Perkins and Schrempf.

There's no way we can prove that the Celts would've won another championship if Red traded McHale.

That's something beyond our control.

But until now you still can't mention anything significant that Gavitt did to make the Celts better during his time.

Rick Fox and Dee Brown?

Really?

HAHAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

[/QUOTE]

Being a loser who is wrong all the time and posts 2,085 times in 43 days is what you set out to do??

Hahahaha

I guess you win!

It's not 3am or 5am or whatever time you pretend it is where I am. I told you I have also been on vacation and will soon not be posting this much. It has just been really fun destroying you at every turn.

Most of the other posters here agree that you've been losing badly. In the 'What REALLY set the 90's back' thread, in the Hayward thread and on several others. Pud compared you to a leaking jelly donut for the beating you have been taking.

So keep admitting that what you set out to accomplish is to lose arguments and then spin them off into babbling thread hijacking nonsense. It's what you are best at. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rame

[/QUOTE]

Fungus, you are quite the masochist. You have  cleverly groomed both #8 and rame to beat the living snot out of you .

How utterly brilliant.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

+1000

Hahahahahaha

He sets out to lose all the arguments he starts and come off as an even WORSE person than we already know him to be.

Hahahaha

What a guy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Being a loser who is wrong all the time and posts 2,085 times in 43 days is what you set out to do??

Hahahaha

I guess you win!

It's not 3am or 5am or whatever time you pretend it is where I am. I told you I have also been on vacation and will soon not be posting this much. It has just been really fun destroying you at every turn.

Most of the other posters here agree that you've been losing badly. In the 'What REALLY set the 90's back' thread, in the Hayward thread and on several others. Pud compared you to a leaking jelly donut for the beating you have been taking.

So keep admitting that what you set out to accomplish is to lose arguments and then spin them off into babbling thread hijacking nonsense. It's what you are best at. 

You keep saying that I post a lot.

But every post I make you match with a post of your own.

Duh!

So you're on vacation.

Instead of spending your vacation with your family or wife, you spend your vacation with Mployee and Fiercy.

Another duh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Also, I'm not saying I expected Gavitt to get something for McHale.

My problem with Gavitt is he didn't do anything.

He didn't even try!

[/QUOTE]

Cool... awesome...

But what you originally said was that Gavitt set the 90's rebuild back by not getting anything for McHale anfd Parish after Bird retired.

So you're now saying you lied and didn't expect him to get anything?

But the 'new' problem you have was with his doing nothing?

We call that 'moving the goal posts'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Again, how could I have lost when none of your ideas/suggestions panned out.

Last season you said Sully for Varejao.

Didn't happen, right?

This season you said Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward.

Also didn't happen, right?

The goal is to turn you into the next Mployee and I've succeeded.

Come on, you're on vacation and you're here spending all your vacation time on Fiercy or talking about Fiercy?

DUH!!!

HAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Cool... awesome...

But what you originally said was that Gavitt set the 90's rebuild back by not getting anything for McHale anfd Parish after Bird retired.

Check my thread about what set us back in the 1990s.

I clearly said Dave Gavitt didn't do anything to make the Celts a better team during his time.

Why is that so hard to understand?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahahaha

I guess you win!

[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that I post a lot.

But every post I make you match with a post of your own.

Duh!

So you're on vacation.

Instead of spending your vacation with your family or wife, you spend your vacation with Mployee and Fiercy.

Another duh!

[/QUOTE]

It is pretty pathetic when Mr. 2100 posts in 43 days attempts to lecture someone with an actual life outside this forum about what they should do with their time.

I asked Fierce if Gavitt's 'do nothing' offseasons of 1992 and 1993 hurt the organization as badly as Red ignoring everyone else on his staff and passing on Schrempf/Perkins for McHale, trading Ainge for Pinckney/Kliene and passing on Hardaway for Michael Smith.

The only one spinning in circles is Fiercy.

'No guarantee of a championship' is now his proof? Hahaha. How about a 100% chance of both BETTER teams (so better shots at a title, when winning was the '90-'92 goal) followed by MUCH MUCH MUCH better trade assets when they'd begin the inevidible rebuild once Lewis was tragically gone.

WOW!

Can't see the forest for the trees he has lost that badly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool... awesome...

[/QUOTE]

Check my thread about what set us back in the 1990s.

I clearly said Dave Gavitt didn't do anything to make the Celts a better team during his time.

Why is that so hard to understand?

[/QUOTE]

What is hard to understand is after I said that Red Auerbach's decisions over 5 months in 1989 hurt the Celtics more than what Gavitt did or did not do during his time, you decided to disagree with that comment, lost the ensuing argument, and continue to spin and not agree with the facts.

What is so hard to understand about the events of the 1989 trade deadline and 1989 draft destroying the 1990's Celtic teams more than anything Gavitt did or did not do?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

It is pretty pathetic when Mr. 2100 posts in 43 days attempts to lecture someone with an actual life outside this forum about what they should do with their time.

I asked Fierce if Gavitt's 'do nothing' offseasons of 1992 and 1993 hurt the organization as badly as Red ignoring everyone else on his staff and passing on Schrempf/Perkins for McHale, trading Ainge for Pinckney/Kliene and passing on Hardaway for Michael Smith.

The only one spinning in circles is Fiercy.

'No guarantee of a championship' is now his proof? Hahaha. How about a 100% chance of both BETTER teams (so better shots at a title, when winning was the '90-'92 goal) followed by MUCH MUCH MUCH better trade assets when they'd begin the inevidible rebuild once Lewis was tragically gone.

WOW!

Can't see the forest for the trees he has lost that badly.

Like I said, that argument of your FAILS big time!

Why?

You can't show the results of the Celts ending up with Perkins and Schrempf.

Red kept McHale, declined to trade him for Perkins and Schrempf.

The Celts ended up with 3 more seasons with at least 51 wins.

You're just speculating.

I mean you're the one pretending to see the forest for the trees when in fact, you're not in the forest because Schrempf and Perkins never became Celtic players.

Just last season every Laker fan was talking about how it would be Heat vs. Lakers in the 2013 Finals.

How did the work out for the Laker fans?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

What is hard to understand is after I said that Red Auerbach's decisions over 5 months in 1989 hurt the Celtics more than what Gavitt did or did not do during his time, you decided to disagree with that comment, lost the ensuing argument, and continue to spin and not agree with the facts.

What is so hard to understand about the events of the 1989 trade deadline and 1989 draft destroying the 1990's Celtic teams more than anything Gavitt did or did not do?

Here's the problem, Gavitt was hired to take over Red's job, right?

So what did Gavitt do to correct the mistakes of Red?

Or what did Gavitt do that Red wasn't able to do?

Get my point?

Gavitt was calling the shots for 4 years.

The Celts never improved under his reign.

ML Carr got Toine.

Pitino got Paul Pierce.

Gavitt got Dee Brown and Rick Fox?

Really?

HAHAHA