Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch

With the Celtics & the Bulls in a virtual tie, a dead heat for first place, I like the symmetry of the way the remaining schedule for the C's and the Bulls worked out for the remaining games:

Boston plays 7 teams with +500% record.

Chicago plays 7 teams with a +500% record.

And conversely, Boston & Chicago each play 6 teams with a -500% record.

Boston has 6 home games:  Chicago has 6 home games.

Boston has 7 road games:  Chicago has 7 road games.

According to these facts the schedules of each team are relatively even.

The potential tie breaker, the game Thursday, April 7th, when the C's play the Bulls, on the road, in Chi-town.

Pencil that one into your "must see" schedule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch

What's our head to head with Chi right now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch:
    [QUOTE]What's our head to head with Chi right now?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

We are up 2-1 right now. However a Chicago win gives them the tie breaker as they have a better divisional record. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch:
    [QUOTE]With the Celtics & the Bulls in a virtual tie, a dead heat for first place, I like the symmetry of the way the remaining schedule for the C's and the Bulls worked out for the remaining games: Boston plays 7 teams with +500% record. Chicago plays 7 teams with a +500% record. And conversely, Boston & Chicago each play 6 teams with a -500% record. Boston has 6 home games:  Chicago has 6 home games. Boston has 7 road games:  Chicago has 7 road games. According to these facts the schedules of each team are relatively even. The potential tie breaker, the game Thursday, April 7th, when the C's play the Bulls, on the road, in Chi-town. Pencil that one into your "must see" schedule.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

It looks like the Bulls have more back to backs which is good, although I think we have tougher competition. We have the spurs, Heat and Bulls on the Road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I was going to post a thread like this for BOS - LAL. I wonder if the C's can end up with a better record than the Lakers. Anybody know the LA schedule?
    (I think we can give up on trying to beat the Spurs record).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I just read something that said the tie breaker is conference record not divisional. The celtics have a better conference record. Not sure which is right. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Spurs      13 losses
    Celtics     19 losses
    Chicago   19 losses
    LA           20 losses

The Spurs just lost Duncan because of a sprained ankle. They may be reachable if he takes a few weeks off.

The key word for the rest of the season is focus.

Guys are coming back from injury, and it should help greatly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Celtics play, the Bulls, Heat, and Spurs and they are all away games. I think the bulls have the easier schedule!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Boston & Chicago Down the Stretch:
    [QUOTE]I just read something that said the tie breaker is conference record not divisional. The celtics have a better conference record. Not sure which is right. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I've checked the rules.  Its Divisional record first, then conference record.  Chicago has the better divisional record.  

I agree with P34, our opponents on the road are more difficult than their opponents on the road (SA, Miami, and Chicago).  We can still get the HCA, but odds are against us at this stage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Lets hope they get on a roll.  They have grinded out two wins in a row and that just may propel them to go on a tear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopna. Show bopna's posts

Boston though has that tendency to lose to sub .500 teams whereas Chicago seems to have jelled just right in time, they are blowing out teams that they are suppose to beat whereas we seem to still just pick which opponent we will show up for.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We have 10 players that will see playing time. with 5 sub 3rd string reserves 4 of them are former starters thats a good bench.

Shaq
    Rondo
    Allen
    Pierce
    KG

Bench

Davis
    Green
    West
    Krytic
    JO

3rd team