Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

The very early signs that Doc way of coaching has not changed. I think Dooling was C's weakest acquisition. He dribbles so much. Guys open and he keeps dribbling and his jumpshot is horrible..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Dooling over E'twan

makes me wonder once again, why Dooling and not Delonte?? it is just wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

Bass and Wilcox look great. Alot of energy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game:
    [QUOTE]Bass and Wilcox look great. Alot of energy
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

JO looks great too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Could anyone tell Doc that it is preseason, to go ahead and play Jajuan!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Jermaine is playing agressively

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Could anyone tell Doc that it is preseason, to go ahead and play Jajuan!
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

He said he wanted to make KG run hard and clearly he's winded....so they need to get in shape.  Given the turnovers, they clearly need to get back into working together, as well.

Short pre-season, its going to be ugly.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Jermaine, Bass, Wilcox and Avery Bradley look pretty good. So difficult starting a season without really having a training camp.  I agree with you that in time, Doc may be able to or may have to play others who are new to the system, but realistically Celtics are going to have to go with the Big 4, and a bench of mostly those with experience like Dooling, Jermaine, Bass, Wilcox, Marquis Daniels, maybe Sasha and when possible get a look at the others in games which are blowouts one way or the other and there will be such games in this strange season.   Will be interesting to see if Bradley's limited professional experience is by-passed by a player like E'Twuan Moore's experience of 4 years of college.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

cabutan,
    I agree with you about Delonte, but give Dooling a chance.  He has to be decent and the thinking must be that he is more durable than Delonte. This must be what Doc had in mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like the energy and jumping of the big men (Bass, especially).  Of course, it is Toronto so its esy to look good!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]cabutan, I agree with you about Delonte, but give Dooling a chance.  He has to be decent and the thinking must be that he is more durable than Delonte. This must be what Doc had in mind.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I will give him a chance. I had never followed Dooling so I dont know his skills and how savy he is on the court...perhaps Delonte might have been difficult teamate as well?? who knows right..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

But whoever said Dooling dribbles too long was right.  Essentially, he doesn't keep his head up to look for passes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i see where rondo's only got 8 dimes and 4 steals in 23 minutes. off with his head!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Bass is showing glimpses of why BBDavis was traded. The guy is sharp and very consistent

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

did anyone see the Bucks highlights? John Leuer..I thought he would have been good in Green

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, Cabutan, seems Doc's giving them all a lot of minutes.  Unfortunately, it feels like last year......take out the top 3 or 4 players and see leads go from 12 to 2 in minutes.  I hope these guys learn early in the season so that they can help out later in the season.

Bass, JON, and Daniels looked good, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

I think fans have to look at O'Neal and Wilcox as a tandem.  If they can stay healthy, both very experienced and unselfish can take the Celtics with a healthy Big 4 a long way.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I thought Wilcox looked very good. Tough, hustler, and can score the hard baskets.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Can't see the game - what are the fitness levels like? 

Re Avery Bradley - seriously he never had a position at college so it is going to take him a long time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I feel much better about this team after watching this scrimmage than before. We are more athletic, more versatile and a whole lot quicker than last year.  A thing I saw was that even though 75% of team has been here less than a month and we looked more cohesive than Toronto a nice mix of players. With a condensed schedule I think we have a nice mix of youth and age that is deeper than I thought.
     Bass and Dooling are both upgrades over Baby and West and Q looks to be a 100%. JO looked much better physically his stride was natural and not stick like like last year and actually got some decent lift. Moore looked better than a second rounder and Johnson has some skills. Bradley has ridiculous quickness on D but he shows that he's 21, younger than all 4 rookies we have. I know it was just the first scrimmage but I am enthusiastic about the season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Thanks Fierce.  I saw a bit of Avery at Texas and he had no role there but to push the pace.  Whilst talented, I never supported him coming out early as his game was more playground than fundamental.  The Cs need to provide him with a single role and build from there.  It will take a while and maybe not in green.

Encouraged to hear our front line was strong, but it was the Raptors.