Boston Celtics Future Dream Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Boston Celtics Future Dream Team

A possible Boston Celtics from 2014 onward.....?

PGs: CJ McCollum, Pressy and.....(possible a rookie from 2014 draft)

SGs: Avery Bradley, Marshoon Brook, and Courtney Lee

SFs: Andrew Wiggins (if we are lucky in the lottery), Nicholas Batum, and Paul Pierce.

PFs: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, and Brandon Bass

Cs: Andre Drummond, Vitor Faverani, and Colton Iverson

Scenario # 1. Trade Rondo (make use of his prime for a contender) and Gerald Wallace plus our pick from Brooklyn during the mid-season (2013-14) for Stucky, Villanueva (Both expiring contracts) and Andre Drummond of Detroit Pistons.

Scenario # 2. Trade Jeff Green during the mid-season (2013-14), Stucky and Humpries (both expiring contracts) for Nicholas Batum, CJ Mc Collum and another player of Portland to match the salaries.

Scenario # 3. Villanueva will be off the payroll after the 2013-14 season.

Scenario # 4. Paul Pierce will return to Celtics as a playing coach after the 2013-14 season.

Scenario # 5. Kevin Garnet will return to Celtics after his retirement after the 2014-15 season as an assistant coach.

For the sake of discussion not for sarcasm!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Boston Celtics Future Dream Team

that's kind of a dream scenario, i hope things turn out like that. in that scenario, i think the best starting lineup would be...

PG McCollum

SG Wiggins

SF Batum

PF Olynyk

C Drummond

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

that's kind of a dream scenario, i hope things turn out like that. in that scenario, i think the best starting lineup would be...

PG McCollum

SG Wiggins

SF Batum

PF Olynyk

C Drummond

I agree with you my friend. How I wish we have the power to make this dream comes true.

To acquire McCollum and Batum I think we have 90% chance depending on Danny Ainge. 

To acquire Drummond I think we have 70% chance depending on Detroit management.

To acquire Wiggins I think we have 25% chance depending on our luck.

If things will work this way Celtics will be a contender within 3 years time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:

[QUOTE]

PG McCollum

SG Wiggins

SF Batum

PF Olynyk

C Drummond

I agree with you my friend. How I wish we have the power to make this dream come true.

To acquire McCollum and Batum I think we have 90% chance depending on Danny Ainge. 

[/QUOTE]

So a succes of this team is heavily dependent on getting Wiggins. Is there a contigency plan if the Celtics won't get #1 of 2014 draft?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

PG McCollum

SG Wiggins

SF Batum

PF Olynyk

C Drummond

I agree with you my friend. How I wish we have the power to make this dream come true.

So a succes of this team is heavily dependent on getting Wiggins. Is there a contigency plan if the Celtics won't get #1 of 2014 draft?

That's a nice question Field4.

We know that basketball is a team sport it does not depend on one player alone but considering the fact that Drummond has the best upside defensively and Olynyk the best upside offensively and with supporting cast mentioned above I think success is on the horizon (with WIGGINS). Regarding the contigency plan in case we miss Wiggins, the 2014 draft is one of the deepest, talent wise. I think we can get a meaningful/contributor until the fifth pick depending on our luck. What do you think?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I don't think your Portland trade scenario is very realistic...although I would do that in a heart beat. McCollum was my favorite player in the draft this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PG McCollum

SG Wiggins

SF Batum

PF Olynyk

C Drummond

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a nice question Field4.

We know that basketball is a team sport it does not depend on one player alone but considering the fact that Drummond has the best upside defensively and Olynyk the best upside offensively and with supporting cast mentioned above I think success is on the horizon (with WIGGINS). Regarding the contIngency plan in case we miss Wiggins, the 2014 draft is one of the deepest talent wise. I think we can get a meaningful/contributor until the fifth pick depending on our luck. What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, i rarely (to say the least) watch college games and i can't really estimate those college players. But everyone (including you) says that it is one of the deepest drafts. Thus  one of 3 top picks would be still very good. The only question remained: is this team good enough? There are several weaknesses (if all of them can reach their potential): McCullom is shoot first PG, who will create for Drummond because he can't create anything himself and is a poor free-throw shooter, Batum is inconsistent, Olynyk is unproven etc. They will need veteran's help and leadership and i think that Pierce won't be enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

with an elite rim protecter like Drummond, and an elite #1 scoring option like Wiggins, the C's would A-ok. the other guys could be moved around for pieces that fit better. it would take some time, but building a team around 2 players like that is about as much as you can ask for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Here is mine with the thought that Rondo is sent to the Pistons for Knight and Monroe (which I believe will eventually happen)

PG-Knight

SG-Smart

SF-Green

PF-Monroe

C-Olynk

Knight will be a pit stop PG until Ainge and Stevens can find a adequate replacement.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Nice post and you're right the Jeff Green chip could be HUGE around trade deadline. Could really vaccum up some interesting talent from some contenders for his services. And Green will light up the floor in a tanking year, will have his confidence up.

Ah the dream of PP returning for the last throw of the dice would be lovely. Brings  a tear to my eye!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Here is mine with the thought that Rondo is sent to the Pistons for Knight and Monroe (which I believe will eventually happen)

PG-Knight

SG-Smart

SF-Green

PF-Monroe

C-Olynk

Knight will be a pit stop PG until Ainge and Stevens can find a adequate replacement.

Sounds good, but I don't think Olynyk can hold defensively against strong and established center of the NBA.