Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

Phoenix Suns roster:

Michael Beasley

Shannon Brown

Goran Dragi

Jared Dudey

Channing Frye

Diante Garrett

Marcin Gortat

Wesley Johnson

Kendall Marshall

Markieff Morris

Jermaine O'Neal

Luis Scola

Sebastian Telfair

P.J. Tucker

Luke Zeller

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Are the Marcin Gortat trade rumors to the Boston Celtics heating up?

Posted November 22nd, 2012 by CLNSRadio & filed under Boston Celtics, NBA.

Would Marcin Gortat be a good fit for the Boston Celtics?

H/T to CelticsLife for being all over this story in recent days, but there appears to be some traction to these Marcin Gortat rumors. Certain outlets of the Polish media are of strong belief that the Boston Celtics have keen interest in trading for the Phoenix Suns center.

The Boston Celtics are ready to trade for Gortat, and will soon present a specific proposal to the Phoenix Suns. On Monday, they waived the contract with Serbian center Darko Milicic.

This now comes just a few days after the ESPN Insider piece where they speculated that Gortat’s best fit would be Boston.

Gortat had a monster season for the Suns last year with Steve Nash posting a 21.2 PER. This year, without Nash, many have speculated that the dropoff in his game is due to the lack of a point guard. Many are assuming that if Marcin Gortat were to be reunited with a capable point guard, as the Celtics have one in Rajon Rondo, that he would re-emerge as one of the best centers in the NBA again.

If Gortat were to be traded to Boston, that would likely shift Kevin Garnett back to the power forward slot, and Brandon Bass to the bench. Many Celtics fans would welcome this move, as they feel that the Celtics are too small. However, it is questionable that in this stage of his career if Kevin Garnett can guard Eastern Conference power fowards — which has shifted more towards smaller, leaner and quicker players such as Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James.

Either way, the Celtics would have a hard time trading for Gortat. He will be a sought after player from many of the contenders in the NBA. The Celtics don’t have much roster flexibility with players such as Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, and Brandon Bass already carrying lengthy and hefty price tags, as well as only having one first round draft selection in this year’s draft.

But with the Celtics, and particularly Danny Ainge, you never know. If the Celtics’ poor defense and rebounding continues, Ainge could waste no time pulling the trigger on another bold move.

Stay tuned to CLNS Radio for more coverage on this story and all things Celtics.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Suns already have a lot of Bass type players like Beasley, Scola, Morris, and PJ Tucker. So Bass and Sully are not the players the Suns would want.

What the Suns would want are draft picks and a young player like Fab Melo.

To make the deal work, Lee has to be included.

Melo, Lee, and maybe Collins, plus 2 1st round picks for Gortat. 

[/QUOTE]

2 first round picks sounds a little extreme. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Suns already have a lot of Bass type players like Beasley, Scola, Morris, and PJ Tucker. So Bass and Sully are not the players the Suns would want.

What the Suns would want are draft picks and a young player like Fab Melo.

To make the deal work, Lee has to be included.

Melo, Lee, and maybe Collins, plus 2 1st round picks for Gortat. 

[/QUOTE]

2 first round picks sounds a little extreme. 

[/QUOTE]

if we are going to give up garbage like that for gortat...yes we have to give up 2 1st round picks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You all forget that Gortat wants out of Phoenix and everyone knows this.  A team loses leverage when this happens.  Two players and a 1st but will probably have to wait until January.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://sunngun.com/2012/11/19/marcin-gortat-to-oklahoma-city-thunder/ 

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2012/11/19/darko-replacement-option-no-1-phoenix-suns-marcin-gortat-on-trade-block-boston-celtics-interested/ 

We have competition from Orlando and Thunder..Thunder willing to give Perk and Jones..

thats tough to beat..Danny gots to get creative..but Fierce is right, they already have enough Bass types, they want guards..Lee/Bass/Melo and picks makes sense..

and they probably will want A

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They probably want AB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA might have to involve another team to get this deal done! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I just don't see how this deal can get done, there really isn't a match. I see them going after Martin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

PHO gets PJIII, AB and Melo

We get Perkins and Dudley!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the trade at all.  We need Gortat to score and rebound.  Perk can't do that.  Giving up Bradley unless he is not the same player is not going to help either.

Love Dudley and Gortat coming to Boston. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the trade at all.  We need Gortat to score and rebound.  Perk can't do that.  Giving up Bradley unless he is not the same player is not going to help either.

[/QUOTE]

Gortat is much better than Perk, and I agree on holding on to Bradley.  I would rather give up Sully than Bradley.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gortat is much better than Perk, and I agree on holding on to Bradley.  I would rather give up Sully than Bradley.  

[/QUOTE]

That is probably the guy that it will take. Consider Sully is role player and not a future star.  I am not sure of that, but I believe it to be the most likely outcome for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is probably the guy that it will take. Consider Sully is role player and not a future star.  I am not sure of that, but I believe it to be the most likely outcome for him.

[/QUOTE]

It would allow Phoenix to save face to get Sully.  I like sully but I don't think he is going ever be any better than Gortat is now.  Gortat is a 15 and 10 guy.  I don't think sully will ever be more than a 15 and 10 guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree with both posters who don't like my trade.  Gortat is the better player.......but that puts OKC in the drivers' seat, because they, too, have the better players to trade.  I'm looking at Perk as  a consolation prize only.................I would LOVE Gortat, he would be perfect for us.  That said, we do need help in the rebounding dept...and if OKC trades Perk, why not trade him to us?

I disagree that we should trade Sully over AB.  We need to hang to Sully at all costs.  AB is more expendable, because he has been hurt every year he has played, and his offensive game is limited.  Yes, he is a very good defender, but he has yet to prove enough consistency on offense to allow Doc to trust him.....I think Sully has more potential than AB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More news / speculation:

Report: Celtics prepping an offer for Marcin Gortat | Red's Army - The Voice of Boston Celtics Fans

• Marcin Gortat makes $7.2 million. The Celtics need to get within 125% of that to make the trade work.
    • All the guys that make that happen can't be traded until December 15 at the earliest, and some later than that. Courtney Lee and Jason Terry can't be traded until December 15, and Jeff Green and Brandon Bass can't be traded until January 15.
    • The Suns may want Jared Sullinger and/or Avery Bradley.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree with both posters who don't like my trade.  Gortat is the better player.......but that puts OKC in the drivers' seat, because they, too, have the better players to trade.  I'm looking at Perk as  a consolation prize only.................I would LOVE Gortat, he would be perfect for us.  That said, we do need help in the rebounding dept...and if OKC trades Perk, why not trade him to us?

I disagree that we should trade Sully over AB.  We need to hang to Sully at all costs.  AB is more expendable, because he has been hurt every year he has played, and his offensive game is limited.  Yes, he is a very good defender, but he has yet to prove enough consistency on offense to allow Doc to trust him.....I think Sully has more potential than AB.

[/QUOTE]

You might be right, but there were quite a few games last year before AB got hurt that he looked like the best player on the floor.

It all depends on who else would go in the trade, because if Bass doesn't go, then Sully wouldn't get any minutes this year at all if Gortat came. Kg and Bass would get all the minutes at the 4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You might be right, but there were quite a few games last year before AB got hurt that he looked like the best player on the floor.

It all depends on who else would go in the trade, because if Bass doesn't go, then Sully wouldn't get any minutes this year at all if Gortat came. Kg and Bass would get all the minutes at the 4.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley comes back he could reshape the Celtics like last year. You can't trade him unless he is damaged goods.   Perk brings very little to KG 2013 or Pierce 2013.  You need Gortat who can be and offensive threat.  No Perk, he will do little but add bluster.  He won't beat anybody. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Perk is averaging 4 points and 5 boards in 25 minutes a game. You can't do much worse than that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More news / speculation:

Report: Celtics prepping an offer for Marcin Gortat | Red's Army - The Voice of Boston Celtics Fans

• Marcin Gortat makes $7.2 million. The Celtics need to get within 125% of that to make the trade work.
    • All the guys that make that happen can't be traded until December 15 at the earliest, and some later than that. Courtney Lee and Jason Terry can't be traded until December 15, and Jeff Green and Brandon Bass can't be traded until January 15.

[/QUOTE]

15th is right around the corner.  I would be fine with Sully and Lee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More news / speculation:

[/QUOTE]

15th is right around the corner.  I would be fine with Sully and Lee.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Sully, Lee, and a 1st round pick (will hopefully do it).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ummm, Paging Fab Melo!!   Time for a change of scenary Buddy.  Plenty of time for you to develop in Arizona but over here we are in the WIN NOW Business so......  Gotta Go , Gotta Go!