Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

PHO gets PJIII, AB and Melo

We get Perkins and Dudley!

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the trade at all.  We need Gortat to score and rebound.  Perk can't do that.  Giving up Bradley unless he is not the same player is not going to help either.

Love Dudley and Gortat coming to Boston. 

[/QUOTE]
    not sure wha you are saying, but if you mean don't like the idea of trading AB, i agree...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the trade at all.  We need Gortat to score and rebound.  Perk can't do that.  Giving up Bradley unless he is not the same player is not going to help either.

[/QUOTE]
    not sure wha you are saying, but if you mean don't like the idea of trading AB, i agree...

[/QUOTE]

I was saying I don't like the idea of trading AB unless his injuries and surgery have changed him as a player.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass can't be traded until January 15.

Only Courtney can be traded on Dec. 15.

There's no reason for the Suns to want Perk because the Suns are a rebuilding team. Everybody knows Perk already reached his full potential. Fab Melo has more upside.

I don't think the Suns would be interested in Sully because they already have the likes of Scola, Morris, Beasley, and PJ Tucker. But if they want Sully, then the Celts should only offer 1 1st round pick.

If it doesn't work out, the Celts can still make a deal on or after January 15 involving Green, Bass, Lee, and picks.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, who would you give up first, Sully or Ab???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was saying I don't like the idea of trading AB unless his injuries and surgery have changed him as a player.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but how could we possible know that...and if thats the case, the other team not gonna want him either...but i see what you mean..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but how could we possible know that...and if thats the case, the other team not gonna want him either...but i see what you mean..

[/QUOTE]

I have been a little concerned about AB, we have not heard much about his progress lately and hopefully him returning soon.  This guy changed them last season. Hopefully he will do it again this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been a little concerned about AB, we have not heard much about his progress lately and hopefully him returning soon.  This guy changed them last season. Hopefully he will do it again this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am hoping it is Lee, Sully, (Collins to make $ work), and a 1st rd pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

This trade makes too much sense for the cs not to pursue. They clearly need a center. We play 2 pfs in kg and wilcox at center,in an atlantic division with serious size on every team.(lopez,bynum,chandeler,valunicas). We are getting killed at the rim and the glass. Two places where gortat can really help. He avgd over 12ppg 9 rpg and 2bpg  in his 3 years as a starter for the suns.

The celtics also have  a glut of sg's ( a position of need for the suns) and pfs (not as much of a need). We are gonna have to include bradley (if i were the suns i would) a deal of bradley, melo and bass and throw in our 1st round pick in a louzy 2013 draft too.

Cs get gortat

Suns get bradely, melo, bbass and a 1st round pick.

The cs new lineup

rondo ,terry,pierce,kg,gortat

While also having a nice core for the future in

rondo,lee,jgreen,sully, gortat.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Lee, Melo, maybe Collins, and draft picks for Gortat can be done on Dec. 15.

How is bradley not gonna be included in this deal if your the suns? They need  a 2. A bradley has the higher ceiling is younger and has a much better contract. Since we cant trade bass or jgreen by jan 15. Wed HAVE to include lee just to make the salaries match. That would now leave us very thin at the sg spot.  I guess barbosa could back up both guard spots. 10 mpg at the point and around 18 mpg at sg. We would lose 2 of our best perimeter defenders in bradley and lee. Tough.

So the ? then becomes would the suns take sully instead of bradley? Who would the cs rather trade? Again ,Tough. If bradley didnt get hurt, he would have reached  near untouchable status in a trade (like rondo now). Starting Bradley and moving kg to center,  saved the cs season last year. But hes played 3 years and has missed signifacant time in 2 of those 3 years. With his aggresive style and small frame, u could see these injuries potentially being an issue with him in the future. Sully has ALREADY proved that he is a good role player. Both players are under 21. With all that said, I still would give the suns the option of either player as centerpiece.  I think just going by the suns roster theyd have to choose bradley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Author of article:

Raj Prashad

Senior at Kennesaw State University. Editor with King James Gospel, Boston Celtics beat with SB Nation Boston. All-around NBA pundit.

This is what is wrong with  A SB-N.  Anyone can write anything; not attributions, no real sources, nothing but smoke from any of them.  It's mostly a fantasy blog for fantasy leaguers.

[/QUOTE]

is that the guy on...big bang theory?

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lee, Melo, maybe Collins, and draft picks for Gortat can be done on Dec. 15.

How is bradley not gonna be included in this deal if your the suns? They need  a 2. A bradley has the higher ceiling is younger and has a much better contract. Since we cant trade bass or jgreen by jan 15. Wed HAVE to include lee just to make the salaries match. That would now leave us very thin at the sg spot.  I guess barbosa could back up both guard spots. 10 mpg at the point and around 18 mpg at sg. We would lose 2 of our best perimeter defenders in bradley and lee. Tough.

So the ? then becomes would the suns take sully instead of bradley? Who would the cs rather trade? Again ,Tough. If bradley didnt get hurt, he would have reached  near untouchable status in a trade (like rondo now). Starting Bradley and moving kg to center,  saved the cs season last year. But hes played 3 years and has missed signifacant time in 2 of those 3 years. With his aggresive style and small frame, u could see these injuries potentially being an issue with him in the future. Sully has ALREADY proved that he is a good role player. Both players are under 21. With all that said, I still would give the suns the option of either player as centerpiece.  I think just going by the suns roster theyd have to choose bradley.

[/QUOTE]

Yes the Suns would clearly prefer Bradley, and he is far more valuable to us than Sully, the injuries shouldn't scare the fans...yet...and Sully has that disc issue that may one day arise. Sully is 2 years away from being a solid starter, maybe even an 18/9 PF. But Bradley will be a 16/4/4/2 SG who makes all defensive 1st teams and only 1 year older.

The C's are built to compete with Miami for 2 years and that requires Bradley checking/frustrating and nuetralizing Wade. Sully is needed for who? Haslem? Joel Anthony,

I would think long and hard about any deal that involves AB, and you are 100% right that it would require Lee anyhow for $, leaving us with a huge hole at SG. But  I disagree with anyone who thinks that PHX is going to pass on Sully for 1-2 draft picks in the 20's, just b/c they have a few young bigs already? Psssh

I wish it would be Lee, Melo, Collins and 2 picks but there is no way that is enough.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I see a deal like this:

Bradley, Lee, Melo, Collins and Joseph (10.5m)

for

Gortat, Dudley and Telfair (13m)

C's now have Pierce and Dudley who are both the same size and can both play some SG... hopefully they can check a guy like Wade well enough, or PP on Ray as Rondo takes it upon himself to guard Wade and we put Terry/Barbosa on Chalmers... Barbosa and Telfair battle for the backup PG position that Barbosa probably wins, Telfair is a pure PG tho and good depth... Green/Wilcox/KG more than make up for Sully's mins at PF and reduce Bass's mins.... Gortat and KG get all the mins at C and the rebounding issues are resolved, Gortat can be really physical with Bosh and reduce KG's mins on him. PP has it easier on Ray/Lewis/Battier while its all Green and Dudley on LBJ.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

From RotoWorld:

Marcin Gortat had just six points, five rebounds and zero blocks in 24 minutes of Friday's overtime win against the Hornets. We're not quite sure what happened to the shot-blocking, scoring, rebounding beast that Gortat was to start the season, but he's unhappy with his role and may not be in tip-top shape conditioning-wise. He had 22 points and seven boards on Wednesday, but has blocked just one shot in his last three games, and scored six or less in three of his last four. He should bounce back at some point, and his trading value is simply too low to move him right now, unless you can find an owner who still thinks he's scoring, boarding and blocking more than three shots per game. Jermaine O'Neal is also playing shockingly well, which hasn't helped Gortat's cause over the last three games. Nov 24 - 1:59 AM  

I really like the part about his trade value dropping!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see a deal like this:

for

C's now have Pierce and Dudley who are both the same size and can both play some SG... hopefully they can check a guy like Wade well enough, or PP on Ray as Rondo takes it upon himself to guard Wade and we put Terry/Barbosa on Chalmers... Barbosa and Telfair battle for the backup PG position that Barbosa probably wins, Telfair is a pure PG tho and good depth... Green/Wilcox/KG more than make up for Sully's mins at PF and reduce Bass's mins.... Gortat and KG get all the mins at C and the rebounding issues are resolved, Gortat can be really physical with Bosh and reduce KG's mins on him. PP has it easier on Ray/Lewis/Battier while its all Green and Dudley on LBJ.

[/QUOTE]

I have a question what is the condition of Bradley at this time. You hear nothing about him. I agree with you. Bradley if even close to the player last year is going to change the dynamic of the Celtics and they will win more.  But you hear nothing about his recent progress.  Gortat for Bass and Melo works. Any chance?                                        

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"I have a question what is the condition of Bradley at this time. You hear nothing about him. I agree with you. Bradley if even close to the player last year is going to change the dynamic of the Celtics and they will win more.  But you hear nothing about his recent progress."

Bradley? Everyone are betting this guy will be the celtics saviour......but  my guess, he is no longer the same player if he comes back. His absence in the game was way tooooooo long - therefore his injury was also so serious and he will not be able to run the way he used to be. His lateral movement is damaged. If I remember, he's out in the middle of last year playoff???

Done in my estimation! 

Did I light the fire?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I see a deal like this:

for

C's play have Pierce and Dudley who are both the same size and can both play some SG... hopefully they can check a guy like Wade well enough... Barbosa and Telfair battle for the backup PG position that Barbosa probably wins... Green/Wilcox/KG more than make up for Sully's mins at PF.... Gortat and KG get all the mins at C and the rebounding issues are resolved.

[/QUOTE]

Been saying it for a long time now, you're not very bright!

Celts only give away 10.5m and they receive 13m?

Right now the Celts have a 72.5m payroll. They can't exceed 74m, remember?

So if you give away 10.5m and get 13m in return, that will total 75m. And since the Celts used the 5m MLE on Terry, they are NOT allowed to go over 74m in total salaries. 

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Well when you try hard enough to find petty and nit-picking ways to demean and attack others (who simply want to have intelligent conversation with fellow fans) you eventually step in it fierce... like you did here.

Celtics salaries are already at $76,275,744

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

They only had to be under the cap and then stay under the 74 million lux tax amount during the offseason prior to signing Terry.  During this regular season all moves only affect next offseason. That is why Boston has to be within 125% in any trade, not 150%, b/c they are already OVER the 74 million.

So even though you are a lone voice telling me I am 'not bright' as you look like a bratty child in your senseless battles with the trolls, you also continue to be outclassed and made to look like a fool when you attempt to belittle and attack a fellow fan who is far more mature, intelligent and respectful than you. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why not a 3 way trade?

OKC gets Gortat and Bass

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes he did...thats why i don't like him in trade scenarios, unless we are talking about people like Varejo, Gasol, or Smith..

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

I see a deal like this:

for

[/QUOTE]

Rather see Sully in the deal..We can then sign k mart..??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahahhah.... so why didn't you try that trade first before LYING... and giving even worse false information in a smug, obnoxious and attacking way?

I tried the trade, it didn't work by $250,000... therefore $750,000... so the thing can easily be tweaked removing players like Telfair and Collins. The trade machine states clearly that Boston can go over the 74 million, which you just stated clearly that they could not do.... A LIE... the C's just can't pay more than 4 million in taxes this year...

So you were 100% WRONG in your initial obnoxious post to try to 'educate' others... and then when I am using correct knowledge of the cap and just off by 750k you wet your pants spinning and trying to look like you didn't just make a MONSTER gaffe.... your false info was FAR worse than mine

haha, oh Fierce, your games are so petty but we all know you are the kind of small insecure man who lives to 'be right' and 'put others in their place'... its sad how often it blows up in your face