Bottom 10 teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Bottom 10 teams

Just got done listening to Simmons and Ford on the BS report talk about next years draft, and its exciting. Ford has 7 or 8 guys as either Tier1 or Tier2 players (Franchise cornerstone or allstar potential). They also think the Celtics have the potential to get in the bottom 10 and grab one of those players. So which do you think will be the bottom 10 teams in 2013-2014?

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=9464387

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Bottom 10 teams

In Order:

Suns

76ers

Kings

Magic

Cats

Celtics

Jazz

Hawks

Pelicans

Lakers

**before you criticize, this is obviously a blind guess & hopeful thinking. Additional moves and injuries will dictate who wins the race to the bottom

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If Rondo plays by November, at least 30 wins.

No Rondo until January, 30 wins maximum.

The Celts will start tanking after the trade deadline.

Be brave, offer a prediction without contingents.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Hyjacking my own thread because I don't like having so many active threads on the front page...

Giving it some thought, I really smell the possibility of a Charlotte trade coming. We all agree on how to expedite the rebuilding process. I think its only in our best interest to make Charlotte better. They are flirting with the idea of making the playoffs with signing Jefferson and trying to resign Henderson. Lets help them. I see a couple possibilites emerging.

1. Optimistic: We get into the season and MKG is not showing signs of a big leap in his second year. The Cats have mild success with Big Al but are in that 10-12 range in the eastern standings. Celtics offer (something like) Jeff Green & Avery Bradley for MKG, Ben Gordon and their 2014 first round pick. Hey, you can dream, right?

2. Realisic-er: Try to do the Humphries for Gordan swap, and see if they'd swap their 2014 pick for our 2015 pick or Clippers. Or try to do a Bass, Lee, Bradley for Gordon + 2014 pick.

3. Unsavory (for me): Offer Rondo(after he comes back and proves he's fine) and C. Lee for Kemba Walker, Ben Gordan and their 2014 first round pick.

Disclaimer: I am no cap expert, nor do I pretend to know more than GM's. It just feels like a win-win to get the Cats out of the lottery and into the playoffs (finally) and get us another near-lottery pick

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Bobcats wanted a Humphries for Ben Gordon swap at the trade deadline this season.

It could happen.

The unfortunate thing is that we'd have to wait until Sept (right) to sweeten the deal with a player like Brooks or Bradley in order to ask for that 2014 pick.

Its just increasingly convincing that any first round pick in 2014 is going to be great. Another thing to keep in mind is that some really good players may elect to stay another year because the draft is so deep, so 2015 could have some good spill-over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i know a lot of posters on this board want the celtics to tank,but i have a funny feeling they are going to have a pretty good team(if roster stays as it is).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I want props if any of my above trade ideas come to fruition

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In Order:

Suns

76ers

Kings

Magic

Cats

Celtics

Jazz

Hawks

Pelicans

Lakers

**before you criticize, this is obviously a blind guess & hopeful thinking. Additional moves and injuries will dictate who wins the race to the bottom

Bucks will be worse than the Celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

In Order:

Suns

76ers

Kings

Magic

Cats

Celtics

Jazz

Hawks

Pelicans

Lakers

Bucks will be worse than the Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. their ownership wants them to make the playoffs so look for them to win games. I forget what's going on with Jennings but it looks like they'll have Teague, Mayo, ilyasiva, Henson, sanders ... not a bad team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Suns

Magic

76ers

Jazz

Celtics

Kings

Cats

Lakers

Pelicans

Pistons

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm ammending my list ... with ATL keep Teague, I think they're too good of a team. After watching Otto Porter in LVSM, I'm not so convinced the Wizz get into the playoffs this year.

Its really a tossup.

Suns, 76ers and Kings look to be horrible next year.

I think the Jazz, Magic, Pelicans and Cats could go either way because they have legit good talent, I just don't know if they're going to win games.

I think our team is also too good as it stands right now. I think we *could* be worse than the Hawks, Bucks, Pistons, Wizzards ... but at the same time, I feel like we can beat any of those teams with our roster right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

new coach + new players + unmotivated and injured rondo + no legit #1 scorer + young players = worse than everyone expects. C's will be in the bottom 6. 

reality: jeff green (13.5ppg career), gerald wallace (12.9 ppg career), rajon rondo (11.1 ppg career), and kelly olynyk (ROOKIE), are currently the teams most dangerou scorers. yes, there's also marshon brooks (8.5 ppg career), jared sullinger (6ppg career), and brandon bass (8.5ppg career). 

this team is bad bad bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Suns

Magic

Celtics

76ers

Cats

Kings

Jazz

Hawks

Pelicans

Lakers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

new coach + new players + unmotivated and injured rondo + no legit #1 scorer + young players = worse than everyone expects. C's will be in the bottom 6. 

I agree with you. Some people overvalue talent (especially if only shown in the summer league). Even the likes of Lebron and Durant didn't make their teams great from the beginning with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

1.  Philly

2.  Phoenix

3.  Orlando

4.  Utah

5.  Charlotte

6.  Bucks

7.  Toronto

[Top 7 are locks]

8.  New orleans

9.  Hawks

10.  Washington

[On the buble]:  Kings, Celtics, Portland, Minn, Lakers (in order)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

I think this topic and the responses are from the bottom 10 posters!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Check this out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1i8w5w/an_improved_20132014_season_predictor_based_on/

Based on a lot of assumptions, but mostly on last season's win share, Celtics are predicted to have the 6th worst record and a 6.3% chance at landing Andew Wiggins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to victoryismine's comment:

- Said the guy with 4 posts and nothing to contribute.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to victoryismine's comment:

[QUOTE]

- Said the guy with 4 posts and nothing to contribute.

[/QUOTE]

Just a recurring troll with a new handle.