BoughtOut/Waived

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: BoughtOut/Waived

I think the Celtics will make the playoffs but I don't need to force feed my opinion into every topic...... The one thing the Celts would have on getting Kaman ( who isn't going to get bought out ) is coming here and potentially getting a nice pay day this summer from us. Money does talk that's why cap space can help Celtics are going to waive Marquis this week and I would assume Wilcox would be next. Adding a big is an obvious need

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Turiaf is the perfect fit.  He is an energy guy from the bench. He wasn't as productive as a starting Center in NYC. He had a hand injury that is healed now. Could he reinjure it? Maybe, but you won't get much better than him at this point and he will come for cheap for the remaining of the season. The Celts need bodies inside..let O'Neal go if he does not wanna be there..no big loss.  I'd rather have someonelike Turiaf who would be happy tobe here. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Already the favorites, if the Heat land both Fisher and Turiaf........wow!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: BoughtOut/Waived:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BoughtOut/Waived : Why waive anyone when Dooling, Sasha, and Quis have expiring contracts? It's not like the Celts are going to make the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not so sure they won't - but whomever they can bring in won't get long-term contracts anyway, so nothing is lost but three guys who aren't helping. Getting even minor upgrades are still upgrades, especially if they can get hungry players who have some skills and want to impress.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BoughtOut/Waived : I pleaded for Ainge to trade for Kaman. Unfortunately Ainge thinks Kaman is not worth a 1st rounder. The Hornets will not buyout Kaman also. And even if Kaman is bought out, the Heat and Spurs are also going after Kaman. So it's not a sure thing that Kaman will end up in Boston if bought out. Ainge should also have traded Ray for a 1st rounder. He didn't. Big mistake. Instead of having 3 1st rounders, now we're going to have to settle with Ray leaving without getting anything. 

I think everyone knew that Kaman might not come if he was bought out.   How do you know Danny was offered a first rounder for Ray?  Please no bleacher reports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BoughtOut/Waived : I think everyone knew that Kaman might not come if he was bought out.   How do you know Danny was offered a first rounder for Ray?  Please no bleacher reports.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I read that, too.  I think it was Blakely....he said, "Danny has been offered either good young players or draft picks for Ray, if he gets both, he may pull the trigger." 

Can't remember where it was, though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeBath. Show GeorgeBath's posts

I'd take back Leon Powe if he's availible.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Celtics are 1.5 games out of 4th. It's laughable to think they'll miss the playoffs. I'm as frustrated as anyone about this year's team, but they're still playoff-caliber. They play championship-level defense on most nights. The problems have been depth, scoring, and rebounding. I know those are all huge issues. The point is they're at least among the best in some categories (defense, passing) and that's usually enough to propel a team into the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics are 1.5 games out of 4th. It's laughable to think they'll miss the playoffs. I'm as frustrated as anyone about this year's team, but they're still playoff-caliber. They play championship-level defense on most nights. The problems have been depth, scoring, and rebounding. I know those are all huge issues. The point is they're at least among the best in some categories (defense, passing) and that's usually enough to propel a team into the playoffs.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but to what end? I doubt they get out of the first round....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BoughtOut/Waived : Several contenders chasing Ray Allen. Some offering a good young player, some offering 1st round pick. If Celts get both, they may move him. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)  March 15, 2012 http://www.celticslife.com/2012/03/ray-allen-trade-rumors-and-more.html

Fierce, Ray is making 10M.  Would this also mean that the Celts would be required to take back bad salary?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't see how the C's are even winning any games with no bigs at all.  It's amazing really.  And I don't see anybody out there who's available to help.

I'd even take back troy murphy at this point.  I'm ready to take back sheed.  We just need a body!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Even though some people aren't embarrassed by posting almost 9500x in a year,it is embarrasiing that someone that has such an obsession with these boards,isn't even a Celtic fan and is clueless. Who else is willing to trade a 1st round pick for a 30+ year old diminshed skills center on the worst team in the NBA? It's probably the lowlife that shanked PP. There is a reason that your not working in the NBA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We are in the hunt for Turiaf - he would help......Chris Johnson would help......I've wanted Fesenko for a while, hope we can get him!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Scratch Chris Johnson - he just signed with the Hornets:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219940/Hornets_Claim_Chris_Johnson_Off_Waivers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

chris johnson doesn't address our need for muscle and defensive rebounding.  We could play JJ more if we wanted another thin body.