Brad Stevens make a difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Brad Stevens make a difference

You are more than welcome. Good 2 c u r still here. Will u take my calls while I'm out?  Thanx in advance. Got to go 2 my smarm class. Trying 2 catch up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

U are an expert in self indulgence, I must admit' and your seven thousand posts do indicate that you are a board hero, taking all that time from real life to school people here, obviously making you more accomplished  than others with less posts.Large ego, really small frame of reference.

[/QUOTE]

He was also the leading proponent for the Celtics to sign Courtney Lee a couple of seasons ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

U are an expert in self indulgence, I must admit' and your seven thousand posts do indicate that you are a board hero, taking all that time from real life to school people here, obviously making you more accomplished  than others with less posts.Large ego, really small frame of reference.

[/QUOTE]

He was also the leading proponent for the Celtics to sign Courtney Lee a couple of seasons ago.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, and now I'm the leading proponent to trade him.  He has been a huge disappointment.

Wrong on that one.  Not the first time, and won't be the last.

I'm sure you're record is perfect, though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

You are more than welcome. Good 2 c u r still here. Will u take my calls while I'm out?  Thanx in advance. Got to go 2 my smarm class. Trying 2 catch up

[/QUOTE]

Unreadable!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, and now I'm the leading proponent to trade him.  He has been a huge disappointment.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a first for you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Unreadable 4 u.  Of course it is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oops, there goes your perfect record.  I've been wrong many times,  and admitted it.  You clearly have me confused with other people............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Unreadable 4 u.  Of course it is

[/QUOTE]

Good one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Certainly we didnt have that with Doc and I hope youre right about Stevens."

No, we just had a championship caliber team and a championship caliber coach. 

Now we have a team that has no shot, with a coach that never could have handled the veteran egos of our former roster. 

That said, I am really happy with Stevens and I think he's a great fit for this team. 

But putting down Doc is not necessary to raise up Stevens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now we have a team that has no shot, with a coach that never could have handled the veteran egos of our former roster. 

That said, I am really happy with Stevens and I think he's a great fit for this team. 

[/QUOTE]

Now spanky is putting down no shot  Stevens to raise up championship caliber doc.

Stevens never had the opportunity to handle Big Three veteran egos so how do you know he couldn't?

You don't....

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said, and I agree with your comments!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Liked  Doc  but he was overrated.  BS looks good of late

Needs to get the whole team involved .

IF he gets  a team Spirit  going  

Who knows?

Worked for the Bosox 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

To Doc Ubuntu means playing your veterans until they drop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oops, there goes your perfect record.  I've been wrong many times,  and admitted it.  You clearly have me confused with other people............

[/QUOTE]

That's great!  Baby steps, man!  I'll let you get the last word because I know that's reeeeeally important to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's great!  Baby steps, man!  I'll let you get the last word because I know that's reeeeeally important to you.

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Peace maker

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To Doc Ubuntu means playing your veterans until they drop.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Rondo, Sully, Davis, Jefferson, West,  Gomes, Green, Powe and Bradley might disagree with you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

Surprised we haven't heard from JimmyJack............oh, right the Heat lost, he'll stay hidden!

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  We won't hear from until the next time that Miami wins.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

To annoint  Brad Stevens a better coach than Doc Rivers after 7 games is foolish.

Methinks some people are irritated Doc didn't want to be part of the rebuilding.

That's his call..........but I don't wish the Clips to lose every game - that's childish.

Let's wait until Brad takes a team to the playoffs before making him the second coming of Chuck Daly, okay guys!!

[/QUOTE]

I think 8 games is plenty! To keep these players motivated in any way after the first 4 games was something few coaches could have done. He had nothing to prove when he came here, but now he's proved it, anyway! 10 guys had 15 minutes, or more, tonight. Bradley had 0 assists but 22 points, and Crawford had 10 assists. Think Stevens might be something special? I do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Man, it's refreshing to see most of the roster being used. Doc NEVER did this. 5-8 guys in double figures every night and Crawford playing PG...AB scoring...Bass scoring. This is because guys are playing loose.

I like what I see but it's still early.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To annoint  Brad Stevens a better coach than Doc Rivers after 7 games is foolish.

Methinks some people are irritated Doc didn't want to be part of the rebuilding.

That's his call..........but I don't wish the Clips to lose every game - that's childish.

Let's wait until Brad takes a team to the playoffs before making him the second coming of Chuck Daly, okay guys!!

[/QUOTE]

I think 8 games is plenty! To keep these players motivated in any way after the first 4 games was something few coaches could have done. He had nothing to prove when he came here, but now he's proved it, anyway! 10 guys had 15 minutes, or more, tonight. Bradley had 0 assists but 22 points, and Crawford had 10 assists. Think Stevens might be something special? I do.

[/QUOTE]

Operative words in bold!

Others on here seem to think he already is!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I am pleasantly surprised by BS and how he has coached the team so far.  They are winning because the coach made some critical adjustments to his line up.  He has also brought in a fresh way to incorporate most of his team into every game.  This will certainly build team moral and togetherness even when they hit rough times because almost everyone is playing and contributing. I am not a Doc basher, he had his way of doing things and it brought a championship banner to Boston. For that I am grateful, who can argue that.  I hope he does well in LA as long as Boston isn't playing them.   This is a new era in Celtics history and I hope its a good one.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpoodle. Show Bigpoodle's posts

It isn't necessary to tear Doc Rivers down to make a case for Brad Stevens being a very good choice for THIS Celtics team at THIS time.

It's hilarious how the message board "expert" and talking-head "expert" opionion of of Rivers when he took over the Celtics was that he was an incompetent fool. Suddenly, in 2008, "expert" opinions of his basketball IQ were turbocharged by about 100 points (and remain so almost everywhere outside New England). But the local "experts" (many of whom were on the genius bandwagon for years) have once again downgraded him to being an idiot.

That's just silly. He probably wouldn't have been a good fit for THIS Celtics team at THIS time, and had the clarity of mind to see that. Kudos to him and Ainge for realizing this and creating a win-win-win outcome for Doc and the C's and the Clips. I'm not seeing any idiocy there.

It'll be semi-miraculous for Stevens to turn this collection of mismatched spare parts into an instant contender, but the fact that he has them meshing this well in such a short time bodes well for the future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree to a degeeEver see Phil Jackson want a gig with a bad  team Doc was fine for what he had to manage This  group would probably give him a break down whereas Stevens is used to dealing with a younger crowd Wouldn't it be great if someday you could whisper his name in te same sentence with Red Auerbach