Bradley, Bass, & Green......13 for 42

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Bradley, Bass, & Green......13 for 42

13 for 42.

I have no words. Well, nearly.

Forget the dismal 31% shooting in this game though that's bad enough. The really damning factor with these guys is that they really don't know how to play basketball.

No. Really. They don't know what to do, where to go, or what to expect on a basketball court. 

It's only my opinion, but it's an opinion informed by the observations of a basketball lifer over the entire span of Celtic basketball starting in 1956-57.

These three guys, to put it bluntly, are basketball dumb. 

Two rookies, Pressey and Olynyk, made the heady plays, took quick and immediate advantage of defensive lapses, created easy baskets for their teammates, and made shots. Pressey made 5 passes tonight that Bradley, Bass, and Green together could not dream up and/or execute in an infinity of games.

The three of them either disappear, cough up the ball, take ill-timed shots, or just flat out botch their chances to make plays. They look like they're playing on a 2-3 second delay.

I'm one of those guys who believes that there's a right way to play the game, and that if you play that way, you'll be successful. If a team plays that way as a matter of course AND has a transcendent player or two, then that team will be very successful.

The Spurs are like that. They have no cringe-worthy players who when they have the ball make you first cross your fingers, then curse. The Pacers may be in that category now, as well as the Trailblazers. They look like they all can play basketball, have ball skills, quickness of mind, and genuine court awarness

Going forward, it's looks like Ainge and Stevens will be constructing that kind of team. There won't be room on it for low basketball motor or low basketball IQ players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Bradley, Bass, & Green......13 for 42

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

13 for 42.

I have no words. Well, nearly.

Forget the dismal 31% shooting in this game though that's bad enough. The really damning factor with these guys is that they really don't know how to play basketball.

No. Really. They don't know what to do, where to go, or what to expect on a basketball court. 

It's only my opinion, but it's an opinion informed by the observations of a basketball lifer over the entire span of Celtic basketball starting in 1956-57.

These three guys, to put it bluntly, are basketball dumb. 

Two rookies, Pressey and Olynyk, made the heady plays, took quick and immediate advantage of defensive lapses, created easy baskets for their teammates, and made shots. Pressey made 5 passes tonight that Bradley, Bass, and Green together could not dream up and/or execute in an infinity of games.

The three of them either disappear, cough up the ball, take ill-timed shots, or just flat out botch their chances to make plays. They look like they're playing on a 2-3 second delay.

I'm one of those guys who believes that there's a right way to play the game, and that if you play that way, you'll be successful. If a team plays that way as a matter of course AND has a transcendent player or two, then that team will be very successful.

The Spurs are like that. They have no cringe-worthy players who when they have the ball make you first cross your fingers, then curse. The Pacers may be in that category now, as well as the Trailblazers. They look like they all can play basketball, have ball skills, quickness of mind, and genuine court awarness

Going forward, it's looks like Ainge and Stevens will be constructing that kind of team. There won't be room on it for low basketball motor or low basketball IQ players.

That's why we should ship them out for Haywood, Kanter & Williams(sounds like a law firm). With their arrival, we could certainly rival our '73' team in the amount of wins in no time...Wink

P.S. We could fill that huge void in much the same way that somebodies GF fills his(w/ beefcake)...