Bradley looks worse than lost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Bradley looks worse than lost

In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost:
    [QUOTE]Free-Throw shooting contest between Bradley and Rondo should be interesting. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Add Shaq to that contest and I put my money on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Celtic's have a 13 game winning streak, and some of you so called Celtic fans are crying about a kid that just turned 20, who is not fully recovered fron ankle surgery, who plays 2 to 3 minutes at the most, touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period, and you're good enough to know that he can't play, i bet there's all kind of GM's out there begging to hire you as scouts!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Bradley is fine. He's a rookie on a great vet team. Anyone expecting him to give this team anything is crazy. Doc is buying minutes and giving him some experience. He'll play much better next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] The Celtic's have a 13 game winning streak, and some of you so called Celtic fans are crying about a kid that just turned 20, who is not fully recovered fron ankle surgery, who plays 2 to 3 minutes at the most, touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period, and you're good enough to know that he can't play, i bet there's all kind of GM's out there begging to hire you as scouts!!!  
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Ankle? Plays 2 to 3 minutes? Touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period? Really? 

In case you didn't notice, every time Luke Harangody is in there he produces. It's either he makes a shot or gets a rebound. In other words he's productive even with limited playing time.

Stop with the Bradley excuses. It's pretty obvious the kid is not a PG. Can't even shoot FTs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] The Celtic's have a 13 game winning streak, and some of you so called Celtic fans are crying about a kid that just turned 20, who is not fully recovered fron ankle surgery, who plays 2 to 3 minutes at the most, touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period, and you're good enough to know that he can't play, i bet there's all kind of GM's out there begging to hire you as scouts!!!  

You've been saying that since the preseason. It's December now and we still haven't seen anything positive from Bradley. 

Being 20 years old is not an excuse. In the first place why did he enter his name in the Draft if he's not ready? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Read this article. There is no indication that Bradley is playing hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Read this article. There is no indication that Bradley is playing hurt. http://www.csnne.com/12/18/10/Bradley-ready-for-his-turn-with-Celtics/landing_celtics.html?blockID=376001&feedID=3945
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

this from the article

A surgically repaired left ankle injury, one that still hasn't fully healed, slowed the process down even more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost : this from the article A surgically repaired left ankle injury, one that still hasn't fully healed, slowed the process down even more.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Bradley is young and trying to play at whole new level with one of the best teams in the league.  He is tight and tense when he enters games.  Nerves will do that to you.  I think he should be a pretty good play based on his potential and rating.  Remeber he is only 20 and will need some time to learn the celtics system.  I hope when Delonte comes back they can send him down tothe D laegue for some minutes.  That shouls help alot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost : Ankle? Plays 2 to 3 minutes? Touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period? Really?  In case you didn't notice, every time Luke Harangody is in there he produces. It's either he makes a shot or gets a rebound. In other words he's productive even with limited playing time. Stop with the Bradley excuses. It's pretty obvious the kid is not a PG. Can't even shoot FTs.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

So an unathletic tweener who played 4 years in college at a decent program comes off the bench in garbage time and contributes but a 19 year old athletic 2nd highest rated high school prospect who is coming off ankle surgery and obtw has to try to run the offense doesn't contribute and you can somehow make that comparison and think it is valid to any degree??

PULLLLEEEZZZZZEEEEE.

Harangody is a journeyman tweener who has been and will be drafted over and over and over again..... for my money next year Bradley, with Doc as his coach, and a good summer, training camp, and preseason will be as good if not Rondo was in his second year....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bradley has shown nothing.  He actually looks like a novice out there.  His body language says abuse me as Teague did.  I want to be wrong on this so I will say he is going to get better. But he could not look worse.  Let's be real.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Danny may have the last laugh yet since his draft track record is pretty good.  But it's clear that Bradley is a young guy with a lot to learn.  As much as I am not in a position to question Ainge, it looks like trading the pick to yield a piece of the puzzle in the hunt for 18 might've been worth considering.  At the very least, Bradley needs to go to the D-league for seasoning because sparse minutes and limited practices have hurt his development.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fellas, relax. Why are some of you sweatin over Bradley?? LOL! If West wasn't hurt he would be in the D-League so why so much fuss over a guy that really shouldn't be playing on this team right now. He'll be fine and have time to develop. He does play good defense. Any time Doc gets from him is a blessing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost : Ankle? Plays 2 to 3 minutes? Touches the ball 3 or 4 times in that period? Really?  In case you didn't notice, every time Luke Harangody is in there he produces. It's either he makes a shot or gets a rebound. In other words he's productive even with limited playing time. Stop with the Bradley excuses. It's pretty obvious the kid is not a PG. Can't even shoot FTs.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Do you have to shoot free throws well to be a good point guard?

I think you want to see Bradley fail, so you can say see i told you so, that seems to be your MO!!  That's too bad, because there are times when you are one of the better guys who post on the board!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost :  Do you have to shoot free throws well to be a good point guard?  I think you want to see Bradley fail, so you can say see i told you so, that seems to be your MO!!  That's too bad, because there are times when you are one of the better guys who post on the board!!

This isn't about wanting Bradley to fail. In the first place this is Ainge's fault. He got too cocky in the Draft. Thinking that he could convert a college SG into an NBA PG. 

The plan was to keep all the players and make another run at the title this season. Then why draft a 19-year old kid?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost :  Do you have to shoot free throws well to be a good point guard?  I think you want to see Bradley fail, so you can say see i told you so, that seems to be your MO!!  That's too bad, because there are times when you are one of the better guys who post on the board!!

Yes, to have to shoot FTs well to be a good PG. If you shoot 33% from the FT line then driving to the basket is not an option anymore, the defender would just foul you and make you go to the FT line. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

BRING BACK SHERMAN DOUGLAS!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, I'm glad you're not in the front office. Geez, has Bradley evern shot enough FTs for you to determine he's a bad FT shooter? He should be in the D-League and you're judging him off playing on a team he normally wouldn't even play on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I'm glad you're not in the front office. Geez, has Bradley evern shot enough FTs for you to determine he's a bad FT shooter? He should be in the D-League and you're judging him off playing on a team he normally wouldn't even play on.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bradley was a 55% FT shooter in college. You think a 55% FT shooter in college is not a sign that he's not a good FT shooter?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I'm glad you're not in the front office. Geez, has Bradley evern shot enough FTs for you to determine he's a bad FT shooter? He should be in the D-League and you're judging him off playing on a team he normally wouldn't even play on.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Again, this is not Bradley's fault, this is on Ainge. You're going for another run at the championship and you draft a 19-year old kid? 

Did Danny Ainge draft Bradley for Austin Ainge's Maine Red Claws?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost : Yes, to have to shoot FTs well to be a good PG. If you shoot 33% from the FT line then driving to the basket is not an option anymore, the defender would just foul you and make you go to the FT line. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

So ou don't think Rondo is a good point guard?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Danny has this same problem each draft the past few years.

We draft low so we arent getting any obvious superstar. So just about whoever we get is most likely not going to help us. 

The problem is so many keep speculating how great some of these players might be and why Doc doesnt play them. Oh Walker is a stud... why doesn Doc put Lester in, hes gonna be a star for us....etc

If the past few years has taught us anything, its that DOc isnt planning on using rookies or any other youngsters in our vet lineup. So just forget these guys, theyre a non factor unless they play extraordinary.

Heck, Id like to see Luke play more.. its possible he does but more likely in meaningless spots unless out team is laying in the hospital.

Forget AB, hes not onna help us this year...period. Hes a project to boot... I view him like hes a practice player and thats about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Danny has this same problem each draft the past few years. We draft low so we arent getting any obvious superstar. So just about whoever we get is most likely not going to help us.  The problem is so many keep speculating how great some of these players might be and why Doc doesnt play them. Oh Walker is a stud... why doesn Doc put Lester in, hes gonna be a star for us....etc If the past few years has taught us anything, its that DOc isnt planning on using rookies or any other youngsters in our vet lineup. So just forget these guys, theyre a non factor unless they play extraordinary. Heck, Id like to see Luke play more.. its possible he does but more likely in meaningless spots unless out team is laying in the hospital. Forget AB, hes not onna help us this year...period. Hes a project to boot... I view him like hes a practice player and thats about it.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

For his pay I would be the practice player. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost : Again, this is not Bradley's fault, this is on Ainge. You're going for another run at the championship and you draft a 19-year old kid?  Did Danny Ainge draft Bradley for Austin Ainge's Maine Red Claws?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes, dominant plan was to make a run at the Championship.  But after you have played that hand, you have to plan for the future as well.  I don't think Bradley was drafted for this year.  Just like Erdan was not drafted for 2008.  I too am concerned about Bradley's play but I am putting more faith in Danny's instincts.

For the 20010-11 season, Bradley is probably worse than lost.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looks worse than lost :  So ou don't think Rondo is a good point guard?

If Rondo is a good FT shooter then he would be the best PG in the NBA right now. 

In case you didn't see the game versus Indy, the Cs were leading 65-61 when Bradley was sent to the FT line via penalty. After he missed both FTs the Pacers cut the lead to 2, 65-63. The Celtics could have had a 6-point or 5-point lead if Bradley is a decent FT shooter.

And I'm not the only one saying Bradley looks worse than lost in this forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The other thing nobody has brought up is with his very poor performances Danny has lost a huge part of his trade value. Other teams can see how far away is from NBA play and the idea that he was John Wall type of talent stolen by the Celtics is forever exposed. He is a throw in any deal now whether others believe he is better or going to get better than current assessments project him.  Watching this kid perform has shocking, he has been so bad.  If you told me his was guy impersonating an NBA player and was not really Avery Bradley I would believe it.