Bradley's D league record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Bradley's D league record

Good, he's getting better as expected. Thanks for the info.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I still believe Bradley will be a very good player. I hope we don't give up on him!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Nice! Boy if he ever comes around the defense Rondo and Bradley could create on the court would be pretty tough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Kirk also left out the part where Bradley is only shooting 39.8% from the field and is averaging a team high 4.29 turnovers per game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's D league record:
    [QUOTE]Nice! Boy if he ever comes around the defense Rondo and Bradley could create on the court would be pretty tough.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Like what KG said, "You've got a better chance of catching bin Laden." 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Give the kid time!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Give the kid time!

I agree that over time the kid would get better. Just not with the Celtics. With Rondo, Delonte, and Nate around there's no way Bradley is going to make the 12-man roster. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley's D league record : I agree that over time the kid would get better. Just not with the Celtics. With Rondo, Delonte, and Nate around there's no way Bradley is going to make the 12-man roster. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

what exactly are you suggesting? trade him now when his value is at its lowest? bradley is a long term prospect, he's still only 20. we're keeping him for the post big 3 era.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

West won't be with the C's next year. The C's are going to keep Bradley and work with him as long as Doc is around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc loves West, if he comes back the way he should and we win a title you can bet on his return. Plus Delonte loves the Celtics and wants to be here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley's D league record : what exactly are you suggesting? trade him now when his value is at its lowest? bradley is a long term prospect, he's still only 20. we're keeping him for the post big 3 era.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

How about thinking like the other team's GM. Teams would want Bradley now because his value is at its lowest. Rebuilding teams have the luxury of time to develop Bradley. 

Don't forget that Bradley's contract is only guaranteed until June 30, 2012. After that the Celtics have the option of letting him go.

Avery Bradley is Danny Ainge's experiment. Ainge wants to convert an undersized SG in college into an NBA PG. Bradley is a not a very good dribbler, he doesn't have the mentality of a PG, and he's not a good outside shooter. If the only thing he does well is play defense then he should be playing cornerback for the Patriots. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley's D league record : How about thinking like the other team's GM. Teams would want Bradley now because his value is at its lowest. Rebuilding teams have the luxury of time to develop Bradley.  Don't forget that Bradley's contract is only guaranteed until June 30, 2012. After that the Celtics have the option of letting him go. Avery Bradley is Danny Ainge's experiment. Ainge wants to convert an undersized SG in college into an NBA PG. Bradley is a not a very good dribbler, he doesn't have the mentality of a PG, and he's not a good outside shooter. If the only thing he does well is play defense then he should be playing cornerback for the Patriots. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

and how do we benefit by giving away bradley for nothing now? we should give him a couple of years to play his way into the rotation, and either prove himself a keeper, or at least increase his trade value.

I do agree that he's not a PG, however with time we can turn him into a serviceable SG, and he and rondo can wreak havoc defensively

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]West won't be with the C's next year. The C's are going to keep Bradley and work with him as long as Doc is around.

How in the world do you know that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk also left out the part where Bradley is only shooting 39.8% from the field and is averaging a team high 4.29 turnovers per game. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Or the six turnovers AB had in the game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Give the kid a chance to grow and develop his game. He's only 20 years old. There's no question that he's a project, just like Perkins and Rondo were. Anyway, he's relatively low maintenance for the team at this stage. I would rather keep him for now than trade him away for very little and watch him blossom in another team, as in the case of Chauncey Billups.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

His offense will be the last thing to come. The thing Doc likes is he can play NBA defense. THink about guys like Doc Rivers, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, DJ, Alvin Robertson, Mo Cheeks.

All those guys had limited offense entering the NBA but made themselves better scorers but their defense was ridiculously good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk also left out the part where Bradley is only shooting 39.8% from the field and is averaging a team high 4.29 turnovers per game. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

A 1:1 assit to TO ratio isn't gonna get er done for a PG.  Let's hope the shooting comes around.  But it's good to get him some minutes to see what the C's really have. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I wasn't all that impressed with him when he was in college. I don't know that I ever liked the pick. Oh well. I say cut him and sign someone who can help the team this year. There will be another Avery Bradley type player available to the Celtics somewhere when they are in the market.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't all that impressed with him when he was in college. I don't know that I ever liked the pick. Oh well. I say cut him and sign someone who can help the team this year. There will be another Avery Bradley type player available to the Celtics somewhere when they are in the market.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I would rather try to trade him than cut him.  Not much we can get out of a d leaguer though.  We could bring him back up and let him and Nate get more of Rondo's minutes as suggested earlier in the year. (vomitting)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In seven games with the Red Claws, he is averaging 15.3 points, 5.0 assists, 3.9 rebounds, and 3.1 steals.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Those are nice stats for Bradley. AVERAGING 3.1 STEALS!! LOL! Lock that man up for armed robbery.

I would say let's move Luke down to the D-League and let him get some work in too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]His offense will be the last thing to come. The thing Doc likes is he can play NBA defense. THink about guys like Doc Rivers, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, DJ, Alvin Robertson, Mo Cheeks. All those guys had limited offense entering the NBA but made themselves better scorers but their defense was ridiculously good.

Are you actually comparing Bradley to those guys?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Better than that stiff Gerald Green that the Cceltics tried to sell the folks.  That jerk couldn't enen get to the team in the D-League  by himself.  He had to get Danny to take him there.

When  he got on the court in Fort Myers, he looked like a high school kid, trying to play with men. He could shoot, and that was all.  No steals  --  No "D"  --  totally immature.  Proved to be a BUST.

Give this kid a chance.  He has the "D", the rest will come. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I remember one game during Rond'os rookie year where he played a whole 12 seconds..He came in for defensive purposes at the end of the half...If you look at him now, I think it goes without saying that Doc  and Danny believed all along that the kid had tremendous potential and heart. Big Baby and Perk were nowhere the players they are today. Semih was stashed in Europe  to further develp his game, and I think we can all see that a little time and patience goes a long ways. Lets give the kid a chance and not make rash decisions based on incosnistnat rookie performances. I see lots of potential. Shooting can improve, dribbling can also, but the will and desire to work hard, not so much. Defense takes effort and heart. Id like to see this kid develop and see what he has to offer as the season goes. No reason to make rash decisions at this point. We have nothing too lose and tons to gain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley's D league record : Are you actually comparing Bradley to those guys?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Why not he's just a rookie. In terms of great defense and limited offense coming into the league, yes.

You're looking at the finished product for all those guys and that's easy to say now. Give Bradley 3-4 years before you label him a bust.