BRANDON BASS SHOWED UP, where are the haters now?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: BRANDON BASS SHOWED UP, where are the haters now?

he showed up for 1 game all year. yay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

How about keep it going?  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One game from a veteran player doesn't raise their trade value,  unless the other team is ran by idiots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It is not Bass fault the Celtics do not have a true PF.  He is a decent bench and roll player. He should not be a starting PF on a team with Playoff hopes.  He should never been our starter so I dont blame him for not being one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

It is not Bass fault the Celtics do not have a true PF.  He is a decent bench and roll player. He should not be a starting PF on a team with Playoff hopes.  He should never been our starter so I dont blame him for not being one.

whether he should be starting or not has nothing to do with showing up every game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

One game from a veteran player doesn't raise their trade value,  unless the other team is ran by idiots.

"Ran"? And you called them idiots?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I understand what you're saying, but there are also people who believe how a player plays the last few games can raise or drop their trade value.

In the case of Bass he waited a long time to show something.  If we can't move him maybe he will show up every few games or so.  It is hard to understand how he could have played as badly as he has this season.  Maybe he wanted to make himself untradeable.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to painter's comment:

"Ran"? And you called them idiots?

Nice reply.  I will try to be spend a little more time on my posts from now on.  I didn't realize someone came off as a idiot because they quickly type up a response.  Oh well I guess some idiots like to respond to other idiots.  Idiots show themselves in lots of ways,  I am quite positive you have a trail to follow as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I understand what you're saying, but there are also people who believe how a player plays the last few games can raise or drop their trade value.

In the case of Bass he waited a long time to show something.  If we can't move him maybe he will show up every few games or so.  It is hard to understand how he could have played as badly as he has this season.  Maybe he wanted to make himself untradeable.

He has to hit the outside shot first and foremost.  Every team knows his rebounding abilities. Thats not going to change.  If he could just get back to last years level,  it would at minimum help us by being on the team,  or help in the trade department.

Maybe he wanted to make himself untradeable?   Maybe,  everyone likes to play for Doc. Ha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

There's a saying, "The exception proves the rule."  If you notice he's there only after so many absences, well...

For Bass, it doesn't get much better than last night. He was making the mid-range jumper + he was rebounding at a high level + he defended adequately + he actually powered up a few times. These are the things he should be expected to do.  When he'll do them all again is anyone's guess. But he was the difference. 

Still, he fumbles and bumbles, has little grasp of what's happening on the floor, and seems perpetually a tick or two behind real time. And these things occur EVERY night, not just once in a while.

It's not a matter of 'hating.' He's just not a basketball player in the old-fashioned, feel for the game kind of way. He's a niche player with one and a half, maybe two, skills you can depend on.

And if he isn't delivering those every night, he's not contributing anything positive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

There's a saying, "The exception proves the rule."  If you notice he's there only after so many absences, well...

For Bass, it doesn't get much better than last night. He was making the mid-range jumper + he was rebounding at a high level + he defended adequately + he actually powered up a few times. These are the things he should be expected to do.  When he'll do them all again is anyone's guess. But he was the difference. 

Still, he fumbles and bumbles, has little grasp of what's happening on the floor, and seems perpetually a tick or two behind real time. And these things occur EVERY night, not just once in a while.

It's not a matter of 'hating.' He's just not a basketball player in the old-fashioned, feel for the game kind of way. He's a niche player with one and a half, maybe two, skills you can depend on.

And if isn't delivering those every night, he's not contributing anything positive.

Well said you have described a role playing bench player and that is where he should be try Green out there starting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to 003323344's comment:

How about keep it going?  

That great game last night just raised his trade value.

============================================

Fierce...you understand Salary Cap, Mid Level Exception, D-League Pool, Foreign players etc....can we do anything below I suggest ???

Just amazing that we scored 11 in the 2nd and 8 in the 3rd and won last night. The much maligned Bass...seems # 1 choice for being traded...was our highest scorer with 14.  Both teams shot 37%. The Bulls, however, won the rebound battle 49-39 so 10 second chance shots. Hmmm ??? How did we win ??? Our defense was terrific causing 22 turnovers so these, like rebounds, are extra chances. Just think if we could win the rebound battle or just break even.

Firtly, let me say I like Rondo, Sully & Barbosa & Fab Melo(dunno?) but I would be willing to first try to trade Sully, Barbosa & Melo before Rondo to get Cousins or Gortat. Re: they are injured I cite the Red Sox trading Carl Crawford to the Dodgers last year while recovering from surgery so they took him on the come. Obviously, toss in Collins too and, if needed, unload Bass and even give up 1-2 draft choices. With a Big Man and I know I'm dreaming and Reddick, we'd be major contenders and all w/o a legitimate PG !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Bass is a better player than most people here give him credit for because people don't value defense.

His Defensive rating was considerably better last year. As was his shooting percentage. It could be a case of looking over his shoulder and seeing Sullinger there though. He has been playing better since Sully went down. 

In fact the whole team has been playing better since Sully went down so if you are the kind of person who only looks at the win loss record of a team without a player  while ignoring everything else (whether other players are nursing injures or new offensive philosophy for instance) you might be inclined to say the team is better without Jared Sullinger. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Bass is a role player - nothing more.  If he's playing 30+ minutes a game for your team, you're in trouble.

21. This post has been removed.