***Breaking News... Essential to have Shaq, nice too JON, if we wish to go beyond the 1st round ***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

***Breaking News... Essential to have Shaq, nice too JON, if we wish to go beyond the 1st round ***

Teams that are more than just competitive have one of two things, and hopefully, both.  A strong presence in the paint or a superstar G or F.  Let me address the latter first, Bulls have Rose, most definitely a superstar & perhaps MVP this year but are not exceptional under the paint. The Magic & Mavs, on the other hand, don't have, in my opinion, superstars other than Howard and Nowitski(who is a PF & Center) but they are terrific under the basket. The Spurs have Duncan in the paint & then Ginobli & Parker, both guards and although not youngsters, they are still stars. The Lakers have the best of both worlds with 3 very good players in the paint, Gasol, Bynum & Odom, & , of course, Kobe, the very best, I think, since Michael Jordan.  Now we come to us. Yup, we have the BIG 3 & won in 2008 with them and Perk, of course, not for offense but good defense. That same team almost won last year except we'll never know about Game 7 if Perk were not injured.  As a long time Celtic fan still smarting from Game 7 and disparity in foul shots, I feel that being out rebounded killed us too & with Perk that wouldn't have happened. Rasheed, in my opinion, was not a power center who liked to dunk the ball. He like Garnett was mostly a jump shooter and at times felt he was a 3 pt shooter like Pierce & Allen. I'd have preferred muscle in the paint.  So, we still have our 3 stars but they, as happens to all of us who age, have lost a step or two & we do not dominate in the paint. If we shoot 50% + we need not worry so much about rebounds, but if not, we need them.  Lakers shot a pathetic 32% in Game 7 but dominance of rebounds allowed them extra chances. We do not have that luxury when we have poor shooting nights so as I titled this post, I end it with WE MUST HAVE SHAQ AND JON, ALBEIT NOT ESSENTIAL, WOULD BE A BIG HELP TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ FOULS OUT !!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ***Breaking News... Essential to have Shaq, nice too JON, if we wish to go beyond the 1st round ***

breaking news: according to doc, shaq is bak on april THIRD!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ***Breaking News... Essential to have Shaq, nice too JON, if we wish to go beyond the 1st round ***

Great, How many times have you heard he is coming back since Feb. 3. The answer is too many times to mention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

So much for the Shaq is back April 1st rumor

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Or is it April 5?
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Boston_Celtics/2/Home

That trade is lookin worse every extra day we don't have a center who can clog the middle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbldv. Show tbldv's posts

I agree with all the previous comments - need Shaq, JON back, but have to say that it's the recent additions that are killing us. If Troy Murphy, Arroyo and other bench players could contribute, it would take the pressure off the key players who we're over-depending on. I never thought Murphy was this much of a stiff who doesn't have any sense of pride to stay in shape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Thank you, Captain Obvious!