Breathing room 3 games in the loss colonm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Breathing room 3 games in the loss colonm

With another heat defeat late in the game gives us three games lead in the loss colonm. Miami has a tougher schedual that we do. I think even with all the injuries we have weathered the the worst of our schedual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Breathing room 3 games in the loss colonm

True - it will be great to have the home court advantage, but it will be even better to be healthy and playing well in mid - April.   If we can get Krstic and Green incorporated into the offense and defense and get West, Shaq, and JON healthy - we won't even have to worry about home court advantage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Actually its 4 games since we have the tiebreaker

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Doc's more concerned with watching his kids play, then with coaching the Celtics."

Re: Stop blaming Doc

posted at 2/7/2010 5:33 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/3/2011

I've always said we won inspite of Doc, not because of Doc.

Doc's more concerned with watching his kids play, then with coaching the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Breathing room 3 games in the loss colonm:
    [QUOTE]"Doc's more concerned with watching his kids play, then with coaching the Celtics." Re: Stop blaming Doc posted at 2/7/2010 5:33 PM EST www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1538 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 3/3/2011  I've always said we won inspite of Doc, not because of Doc.  Doc's more concerned with watching his kids play, then with coaching the Celtics.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Man you are exposing a vicious troll.  Talk about slapping someone up side the head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Let's turn our attention to the Spurs.  Forgive the duplicate post, but I posted this in the other thread about Miami's loss tonight and the issue of the Bulls catching us:

"My fellow Celtics fans, I submit that we are all looking at this wrong.  We don't want our team looking back and worrying about who's behind them.  We want them playing hard to take over what's in front of them.

We want the best record in the league.  The heck with Miami's and Chicago's records.  Let them battle for 2nd in the East.  Our goal is to catch San Antonio.  Right now, we are ONLY 4 games down in the loss column against them.  They just lost Tony Parker for a month and they have to play Miami and LA on Friday and Sunday.  Then they have to play at Miami and at Dallas on the 14th and 18th.   Then, they have to play us.   If they lost just 2 or 3 of those games and then lose to us, we're going to be right on their heels for best record in the league. 

We can do this!!!!!   That's where I want the Celtics' attention - on getting the best record in the league!!!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Don't forget the Celtics will still play the Spurs on March 31. Maybe that game will be for the NBA's best record.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

I think catching the Spurs is a tad optimistic.  The Celtics have some tough stretches to come: exhibit A) March 18 @ Houston, March 19 @ New Orleans, March 21 @ New York.  All 3 winnable games but three in 4-nights on the road is tough.  Houston won in Boston, the Hornets won in Boston...that's a tough stretch.

exhibit B) March 31 @ Spurs, Apr 1 @ ATL---back-to-backs on the road have not been fun for C's fans this year.  We really do lose that 2nd night quite a lot.  Very difficult back-to-back

exhibit C) 4 games in 5 nights ... Apr 7 @ Chicago, Apr 8 v Washington, Apr 10 @ Miami (afternoon game day removed from a back-to-back...tired legs?) Apr 11 @ Washington.... yes, 2 of these games are the lowly Wizards BUT the Wizards beat Boston already once (on the 2nd might of a back-to-back) and both games are 2nd-nighters...4 in 5 is about as ridiculous as the NBA gets with scheduling...the Celtics play a lot of games down the stretch, the team still has significant injuries and new guys aren't shall we say totally into it yet...I think they'll get #1 in the East but the Spurs will hang onto that best NBA record

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Breathing room 3 games in the loss colonm:
    [QUOTE]I think catching the Spurs is a tad optimistic.  The Celtics have some tough stretches to come: exhibit A) March 18 @ Houston, March 19 @ New Orleans, March 21 @ New York.  All 3 winnable games but three in 4-nights on the road is tough.  Houston won in Boston, the Hornets won in Boston...that's a tough stretch. exhibit B) March 31 @ Spurs, Apr 1 @ ATL---back-to-backs on the road have not been fun for C's fans this year.  We really do lose that 2nd night quite a lot.  Very difficult back-to-back exhibit C) 4 games in 5 nights ... Apr 7 @ Chicago, Apr 8 v Washington, Apr 10 @ Miami (afternoon game day removed from a back-to-back...tired legs?) Apr 11 @ Washington.... yes, 2 of these games are the lowly Wizards BUT the Wizards beat Boston already once (on the 2nd might of a back-to-back) and both games are 2nd-nighters...4 in 5 is about as ridiculous as the NBA gets with scheduling...the Celtics play a lot of games down the stretch, the team still has significant injuries and new guys aren't shall we say totally into it yet...I think they'll get #1 in the East but the Spurs will hang onto that best NBA record
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

True

I'd be VERY content w/ the 2nd best record in the league

if we play well enough these last 5 weeks to have it... then I wouldn't too much about getting through Miami/Chicago. We'd be clicking having gone at least 17-6, then after our rivals exhaust themselves in a 2nd rd thriller they get to come to Boston (I clearly don't fear the Magic)

In my opinion SA will have a harder time w/ OKC and if they get hy them then the Lakers/Mavs winner, then we will w/ the 2-4 seeds in our bracket

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and yeah P34... Ky is a joke...