Brewer to Celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Brewer to Celts

I keep hearing this on twitter. there have been hundreds of posts in the last 10 minutes. I HOPE THEY ARE TRUE! COREY BREWER!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

Re: Brewer to Celts

Trying to confirm it now but can't! Fingers crossed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Brewer to Celts:
    [QUOTE]I keep hearing this on twitter. there have been hundreds of posts in the last 10 minutes. I HOPE THEY ARE TRUE! COREY BREWER!
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Next up TJ ford

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

http://www.google.com/search?q=Corey+Brewer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Corey+Brewer&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=xtx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsuo&source=univ&tbs=mbl:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=OLRtTYuiKcfTgQf5j9X6Aw&ved=0CCcQ8QkoAzAA&bav=on.2,or.&fp=38ef39756d996e7e

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brewer to Celts : Next up TJ ford
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Better if we get Carlos Arroyo. Arroyo has 3-point range and highly motivated to beat the Heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Brewer can fill in the Tony Allen role.  Except he can actually guard the 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

P34,

With all due respect for your many excellent posts--- Arroyo is way too pedestrian to get minutes at backup PG if Delonte in healthy.  Corey's D on a hot 2 guard would be quite a lift for the second unit for an intense 8 minute stint.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Let's hope this is true...that'd be awesome.  And ya I think Arroyo would be a nice backup PG who can shoot.  Plays hard.  Murphy, brewer, arroyo aren't bad additions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Better if we get Carlos Arroyo. Arroyo has 3-point range and highly motivated to beat the Heat.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

On a few blogs they are saying Arroyo to Magic and Eddy Curry to Chicago

Wasn't there alot of people on this board wanting the Celtics to get Arroyo before the season started.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Genaro,

Maybe the posters wanting Arroyo and his good wide open jumpshot were hesitant to count on Delonte to get his head on straight. Can't say I blame them at that time.   Delonte looked better than Arroyo last week before Delonte turned that ankle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Are we going to know about Brewer tomorrow?  What's the deadline for signing buyouts so they are eligible for the playoffs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, With all due respect for your many excellent posts--- Arroyo is way too pedestrian to get minutes at backup PG if Delonte in healthy.  Corey's D on a hot 2 guard would be quite a lift for the second unit for an intense 8 minute stint.
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

Arroyo doesn't have to play if Delonte is healthy. He will be Scal's replacement as the #1 cheerleader on the bench. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Genaro, Maybe the posters wanting Arroyo and his good wide open jumpshot were hesitant to count on Delonte to get his head on straight. Can't say I blame them at that time.   Delonte looked better than Arroyo last week before Delonte turned that ankle.
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

Since that scuffle with Von he has been a model citizen. H has worked his behind off and when he does finally get to play he shows flashes of what DA pickd him up for then something happens. I really am pulling for him I think he has grown up and has his mental illness under control.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Arroyo doesn't have to play if Delonte is healthy. He will be Scal's replacement as the #1 cheerleader on the bench. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I'm not certain Arroyo is cut out for cheerleader.
    1. He doesn't have red hair.
    2. I don't know how skilled he is at waving a towel.
    Somethings can't be taught.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : I'm not certain Arroyo is cut out for cheerleader. 1. He doesn't have red hair. 2. I don't know how skilled he is at waving a towel. Somethings can't be taught.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

Well jason kapono is out of the picture but oh well wasnt expecting him to sign
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211673/Kapono_Sixers_Unable_To_Reach_Agreement_On_Buyout

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Interesting series of posts.   On the depth chart, Arroyo - who couldn't deliver anything for the Heat - would be behind Rondo and West or behind Ray and Wafer (because Arroyo CANNOT play ANY D).   So, why get excited about him or debate what he can do?   How in the world can a guy who did NOTHING for Miami and who'd become our 3rd guard at best at any position .......possibly provide us with any substantial benefit?  

Brewer is valuable.  Arroyo is a waste.   Amazing how all year so many folks said "I can't wait to get Delonte" and then he comes back, plays well, and folks say "he's a head case and we need Arroyo.".   Really?   Really......gotta be kidding, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Well jason kapono is out of the picture but oh well wasnt expecting him to sign http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211673/Kapono_Sixers_Unable_To_Reach_Agreement_On_Buyout
    Posted by celtsfan4ever[/QUOTE]

Hopefully we can land Brewer. 

As long as Brewer ends up in Dallas or San Antonio it would still be to the Celtics' advantage. He would make Kobe work harder than usual.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

Yeah P34 i definitely agree with you on that one

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting series of posts.   On the depth chart, Arroyo - who couldn't deliver anything for the Heat - would be behind Rondo and West or behind Ray and Wafer (because Arroyo CANNOT play ANY D).   So, why get excited about him or debate what he can do?   How in the world can a guy who did NOTHING for Miami and who'd become our 3rd guard at best at any position .......possibly provide us with any substantial benefit?   Brewer is valuable.  Arroyo is a waste.   Amazing how all year so many folks said "I can't wait to get Delonte" and then he comes back, plays well, and folks say "he's a head case and we need Arroyo.".   Really?   Really......gotta be kidding, right?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I believe Carlos Arroyo would be a great cheerleader for the Celts. That's it!

He got dumped by the Heat for Mike Bibby. That's like dumping Anne Hathaway for Jenner Aniston.

HAHAHA!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Guys I don't think Arroyo is that bad of an idea.  Think of it as cheap insurance.  I do not have any faith in D-West staying healthy so if we don't have another back-up what are we gonna do?  I suppose Paul would take the back-up PG role while Rondo gets a breather?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL.   Exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Definitely at this point in time Arroyo is way better than Avery Bradley as a PG.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Corey Brewer is a good young player, but how many players can the C's play in the rotation? 10 at most and probably even less during the playoffs. With Jeff Green on board now and Delonte and Von @ the 2nd and 3rd string 2 guards, where does Brewer go? The C's could waive Wafer and put Brewer in as the 3rd string 2 guard. What's the point in signing another player to replace a 3rd string player? 
       I like the signing of Murphy. I think the C's should go with what they got. They just added 3 new players. 
       Doc is going to have a big dilemma on his hands. There's only 48 minutes in a game and only 5 players can be in the game at one time. How's he going to keep all these guys satisfied when both O'neils return? Kristic is going to have to ride the pine. Both O'neil's are going to be very unhappy if they aren't in the rotation. The same is true for Big Baby and Murphy. The only way I can see the bigs staying happy with minutes played is if 2 bigs constantly stay injured. From what we've seen this season, it's a good possibility.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely at this point in time Arroyo is way better than Avery Bradley as a PG.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not for our team.  We have people who can score.  We need D.  Seems everyone is forgetting what wins championships for us.   Everyone wants another shooter who can't guard ANYONE.  We are a good offensive team, but our D will carry us and with Arroyo on the court with ANYONE.....the other team will just kill us over and over again taking him to the hole (not to mention how they'll sag off him the same way we did when we played the Heat).

Arroyo is a waste.  PLEASE, Danny.  Don't do it!  Get Brewer.  Bring up a D-leaguer.  ANYTHING but that guy.