Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already

In Response to Re: Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already : All valid points in a way. I will just say that I don't believe the ball moves better when Rondo isn't in there. We clearly saw that when he was out. I think people don't want to give Rondo his due because he's not scoring 20+ pts a game like DWill, Rose or Paul. The thing that people miss is he's ultra-competitive. When the playoffs start watch how his game just creates fits for the other teams. He's got some Alvin Robertson in him. Tonight should be a good matchup. I always though DWill was the best PG in the league. He's big, can shoot and pass.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I mentioned what Maxwell said - the ball moves better without him - whether it does or doesn't they win with or without him.

Isn't there a direct correlation between his scoring and his assists?  There are guys that routinely score 20 and average 8 or 9 assists but posters / fans / bloggers would have you believe that Rondo is averaging 40 ppg and 40 assists per game and that averaging 20 and 9 is somehow a bad point guard.

The fact is that Rondo averages as many assists as he does because he is a terrible finisher, the worst shooter in the league, and afraid to go to the foul line while his supporters would have you believe that he is perfect for the team and that he is somehow sacrificing some portion of his game for the team.  The fact is is the part of his game that some think he is sacrificing is non-existent.

Think of it this way - Matt Cassell has Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, sweetness, Stephen Jackson, and Marshall Faulk as running backs.  He hands the ball off to a bunch of guys that are going to the hall of fame the very first time anyone has a chance to vote but somehow Cassell is considered a good quarterback.  At the end of the game posters / fans / bloggers look at the stat line and see that Cassell was 4 of 18 for 58 yards and somehow draw the conclusion that "he is perfect for this team", "he is an elite quarterback", "they won a championship with him as quarterback".......

After the playoffs Rondo's own coach said his inability to shoot really hurt them in the finals.... and what you read here is that the refs cost them game 7 and the Lakers are fakers and all that other crap.

The way I see it is Rondo singlehandedly cost them the title because he cannot and will not and has not even attempted to do what most would consider the most basic of responsibilities of any point guard.

Only on this board is being a point guard and being able to shoot and score and make 3s and make freebies a really bad thing but being able to pound the ball into the floor until he can get an assist makes a GREAT point guard.  I laugh when he passes the ball off then runs and hides in the corner with a hand up calling for the ball when he knows as well as anyone else that wants to be honest knows that he and his teammates know that he is effectively out of the play and no longer an option.

Rondo plays with 4 guys going straight to Springfield on the very first ballot their name appears on, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Westbrook, and a whole bunch of others play with no more than one going to Springfield and they are all better point guards than Rondo.

Are we somehow to believe that if Russell Westbrook had Shaq, KG, and Ray Allen that he would not have more assists than he currently does?  Please. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]What's funny to me is that everyone keeps saying "wait until Perk and West come back". We have no idea what that's going to look like because we've never seen it. Since when are West and Perk the calvary?? LOL! If it was KG and Rondo that were out I could see the concerns going away. All NBA contenders are trying to get better and with the way I've seen us struggle to beat below .500 teams I don't think Ainge should just sit around waiting on the calvary. Sure you probably don't make a move right now. I think it is important to get West and Perk back in the fold at least 3 weeks before the deadline to see what the final product really looks like on the court with time to still make moves if necessary.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]Just where did you read has anyone describe them as calvary (other than you). Last I checked they are members of the 2010-11 edition of the Boston Celtics or have you ever looked at the roster. It amazing to me how quick some of you posters are to give some your opinion on something that has been read (by you) in a misinterpretation of what was orginally intended. What folks are saying is that having Perk and Delonte come back just gives Doc (and Danny) more options in the use of his players. Ease up...man!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LMAO! Good points Dudder. Needless to say um you're not a Rondo fan. Is that a fair question?

Yes it does irratate me sometimes when he's dribbling and dribbling and the shot clock is ticking down. I'm yelling "Rondo go to the basket or at least make the defender play you".

I've learned over time that Rondo is perfect for the guys he's playing with...they trust him now. In 3-4 years will he be perfect for the team...probably not.

I don't like Westbrook because he just can run a half court offense to save his life.

My choices in order.
    DWill
    Rose
    Rondo
    Paul
    Parker

I'll live with Rondo because he's incrementally improving every year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]LMAO! Good points Dudder. Needless to say um you're not a Rondo fan. Is that a fair question? Yes it does irratate me sometimes when he's dribbling and dribbling and the shot clock is ticking down. I'm yelling "Rondo go to the basket or at least make the defender play you". I've learned over time that Rondo is perfect for the guys he's playing with...they trust him now. In 3-4 years will he be perfect for the team...probably not. I don't like Westbrook because he just can run a half court offense to save his life. My choices in order. DWill Rose Rondo Paul Parker I'll live with Rondo because he's incrementally improving every year.

Yes, Rondo isn't good in that last 10 seconds of a quarter....waits too long and ends up with a bad shot, but when he's doing that dribbling in a normal shot clock, he's waiting for someone to clear and he's figuring out the D. 

My choices:

JWill (height and D)
    Paul
    Rondo
    Parker
    Westbrook
    Rose

Rose is the most talented but he's like Lebron - he takes WAY too many shots and only passes as last resort.  That won't work for me on any team for your point guard.  Rondo would be #1 if he had a shot because he's the best passer and is fast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

only problem with adding troy murphy is that he's washed up.  oft injured, slower than frozen urine flowing uphill in the winter time.

he embodies none of the things that the celts do defenisvely.  at one time he gathered rebounds at a decent rate but those days may have passed him by- just look at what he's done this year on the terrible nets- he can't even get onto the floor. 

let troy stay with the nets for goodness sakes.  at his very best a year or two ago he was a better rebounding twon who bombed 3's a whole lot but offered zero inside toughness and zero defense at 6-11. 

i'm not all tingly over that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]What's funny to me is that everyone keeps saying "wait until Perk and West come back". We have no idea what that's going to look like because we've never seen it. Since when are West and Perk the calvary?? LOL! If it was KG and Rondo that were out I could see the concerns going away. All NBA contenders are trying to get better and with the way I've seen us struggle to beat below .500 teams I don't think Ainge should just sit around waiting on the calvary. Sure you probably don't make a move right now. I think it is important to get West and Perk back in the fold at least 3 weeks before the deadline to see what the final product really looks like on the court with time to still make moves if necessary.

West and Perkins are proven NBA commodities.  They are both back in a matter of weeks.  The Celtics already have the best record in the conference.  Why are you freaking out and wanting to change things?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

Dudder you forgot to mention that Hilton Armstron,David Harrison,Rafael Araujo and 100 more centers are better than perk too.After many years reading your post i have to say you are going to be a clown foreever.Is time to grow Dudder you can be a troll forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Also they only passed on Murphy twice, and only blew it once since Joe Johnson was/is clearly a far better player. I wanted Joe Johnson OR Rich Jefferson with the 10th pick that year. Obviously after the stupid Mercer for Fortson trade (although Ron was about to get hurt and his career end) Pierce needed a running mate and could play the 3 w/ JJ or the 2 w/ RJ. At 11 why on EARTH do you pick Kederick Brown over Murphy. You now have 2 elite wings for a decade in Pierce and Johnson. Grab a big man who can rebound when Antoine plays outside or hit the long J when Battie plays inside? By the time we idiotically passed on Tony Parker at #17 or 19 or whatever it was, Murphy was gone. Then we had to trade Johnson for Delk and Rodney. Granted they helped us get to the East finals... but their impact would have been similar to having Murphy/Parker off the bench all year and we'd have saved a '02 1st rd pick. Ugh... 10 years in June and I can't get over the '01 draft
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

please don`t confuse us with facts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already : I mentioned what Maxwell said - the ball moves better without him - whether it does or doesn't they win with or without him. Isn't there a direct correlation between his scoring and his assists?  There are guys that routinely score 20 and average 8 or 9 assists but posters / fans / bloggers would have you believe that Rondo is averaging 40 ppg and 40 assists per game and that averaging 20 and 9 is somehow a bad point guard. The fact is that Rondo averages as many assists as he does because he is a terrible finisher, the worst shooter in the league, and afraid to go to the foul line while his supporters would have you believe that he is perfect for the team and that he is somehow sacrificing some portion of his game for the team.  The fact is is the part of his game that some think he is sacrificing is non-existent. Think of it this way - Matt Cassell has Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, sweetness, Stephen Jackson, and Marshall Faulk as running backs.  He hands the ball off to a bunch of guys that are going to the hall of fame the very first time anyone has a chance to vote but somehow Cassell is considered a good quarterback.  At the end of the game posters / fans / bloggers look at the stat line and see that Cassell was 4 of 18 for 58 yards and somehow draw the conclusion that "he is perfect for this team", "he is an elite quarterback", "they won a championship with him as quarterback"....... After the playoffs Rondo's own coach said his inability to shoot really hurt them in the finals.... and what you read here is that the refs cost them game 7 and the Lakers are fakers and all that other crap. The way I see it is Rondo singlehandedly cost them the title because he cannot and will not and has not even attempted to do what most would consider the most basic of responsibilities of any point guard. Only on this board is being a point guard and being able to shoot and score and make 3s and make freebies a really bad thing but being able to pound the ball into the floor until he can get an assist makes a GREAT point guard.  I laugh when he passes the ball off then runs and hides in the corner with a hand up calling for the ball when he knows as well as anyone else that wants to be honest knows that he and his teammates know that he is effectively out of the play and no longer an option. Rondo plays with 4 guys going straight to Springfield on the very first ballot their name appears on, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Westbrook, and a whole bunch of others play with no more than one going to Springfield and they are all better point guards than Rondo. Are we somehow to believe that if Russell Westbrook had Shaq, KG, and Ray Allen that he would not have more assists than he currently does?  Please. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

if your aunt had a d*ck, she`d be your uncle

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

calvary: place where christ died(alledgedly)cavalry: mounted soldiers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tillson174. Show Tillson174's posts

As much as I would like to see an irishman in Green, troy might not fit the defensive standards of the Celtics.  Although, you could run some nice sets with him at pf, pierce at sf and ray at sg.  Rondo could distribute those threes so well.  I think troy is best on the Magic. They would actually have a legitimate pf who can rebound.  The fact that Troy can shoot threes means their offense wouldn't skip a beat.  The guys on Ball Chat talk about this alot.  www.ballchat.podbean.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]My choices in order. DWill Rose Rondo Paul Parker I'll live with Rondo because he's incrementally improving every year.

not to nitpick you bias, but what has rondo gotten better at each year?  his assist numbers have gone up, his fg% goes up because he shoots less and less jumpers.  other than that, he's all over the place, if not regressive in key areas. 

just look at these stats:

9.8ppg, 5.3rpg, 5.3apg, 47.2%fg, 69%ft, 2.3steal/gm, 2.1 t/o / game, 2.55:1 assist/turnover, 35.7 MPG

that's your guy rondo in the last 23 games of his ROOK year after he got cut loose to be a "do what you want" starter.  he's never since shot as high free throws, it took him four years into the league to average that many steals again, he's never averaged as many rebounds since, close in 08-9.

my point is that the "improvement" that people think is going on continuously with the guy is not there.  his assist numbers are the only thing to go through the roof and its largely to cover up his shooting problems, and now everyone acknowledges that any given game rondo can be seen overpassing to a fault.  it's never strong to pass on an open layup or 10 footer in favor of someone else shooting b/c you feel queasy about it.

i for one have been waiting with baited breath for rondo to surpass his rookie year performance and he never really has in my book.  and you can argue that this was junk time on a bad team vs the rest of the career with the big 3.  let me tell you that stats should be nearly just as easy if not easier to get with 3 HOF players around you than you cutting loose on a junk team, hence the assists go up. 

but everything else remains the same or is up and down in an unpleasing manner (FT%, FTA, and now scoring average).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bring Troy Murphy to Boston Already :  Don't you wish in 05, Danny had called out Monta Ellis instead of Gerald Green. If we only new then what we know now!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

or David Lee

Ridnour over banks in 03

Kevin Martin over Tony Allen or Delonte West in 04

DeAndre Jordan over Giddens in 08

Those were Ainge's only really blown draft moments in 9 drafts, w/ '06 being a move to get a contract to get KG and Avery an unfinished product