Brooklyn Nets Set For Historic Disaster.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Brooklyn Nets Set For Historic Disaster.....

It'll never work in Brooklyn with this bunch of aging mercenaries....

The big story will be how Deron Williams , Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez DON'T respond and quickly tire of KG's cartoonish vulgarity and overbearing attempts at "leadership". Especially when KG has a season long pass to skip every back to back and ends up playing 58 games. Then KG responds by giving the entire team the Sheldon Williams treatment when he deems them not worthy of his great wisdom. He will average 12 points and 6 rebounds. 

Paul Pierce will fare slightly better (he always does) but not by much. Nagging injuries and an obvious loss of 2 steps on defense will render him innefective as he wears out the front of the rim clanging just short jumpers due to his no lift dead legs. He will average 15 points on 40% shooting and will only score 30 points once in his best game of the season against the Celtics 

Deron Williams will not make it thru the season without running his mouth and his twittering social media habit will be a season long PR disaster. He will complain that Dwight Howard tricked him into signing with the Nets and then went back on his word. 

Jason Kidd will spend the season rubbing his bald head and wondering why he didn't just give Mark Cuban a call for one last minimum wage paycheck in Dallas as the 12th man. He will end up drinking heavily and will be involved in at least one ugly incident in a hotel bar , probably after getting blown out in Minneapolis and Cleveland back to back 

Vladimir Putin will be delighted as he offers his comrade sympathy by mailing him Bob Kraft's ring and again lectures Obama on the folly of American Exceptionalism. Obama will respond by giving a shout out to Derek Rose and announce he's a Chicago Bulls fan so it's not his fault anyway...

The Nets will rally late in the year to win 45 games and make the playoffs but will get swept (to everyone's relief) in the first round.

Danny Ainge will be smirking all the way to draft night when he packages the Net's pick (#18) , the Celtics pick (#12) and the $10.3M trade exception to move up to #5 and land Marcus Smart.

Justice prevails....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Brooklyn Nets Set For Historic Disaster.....

Kim deserves better than that piece of crap she's currently married to.

You can only dream of getting near I lady this beautiful !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

We can dream ...

But back to reality. That Brooklyn team will be f*ing good. Like, really really good. Paul and KG are pro's pros. Lopez is exactly what Kevin needs in the backcourt and vice versa. Deron is a twerp but he's at that point in his career where he really needs to win something to ever have a legacy.  Kirlenko will allow Pierce to really focus on scoring and give him needed rest. Don't forget about Jet, he is going to get so many open looks because there are so many other weapson and Kidd knows how to play Jet (unlike Doc).

That team is stacked and can withstand injuries at really any position except maybe PG.

Considering Lopez was making corner threes last year, with DW, JJ, PP, KG, BL thats a lethal lineup of shooters with size.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Odds are low but they could be in the Finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

We can dream ...

But back to reality. That Brooklyn team will be f*ing good. Like, really really good. Paul and KG are pro's pros. Lopez is exactly what Kevin needs in the backcourt and vice versa. Deron is a twerp but he's at that point in his career where he really needs to win something to ever have a legacy.  Kirlenko will allow Pierce to really focus on scoring and give him needed rest. Don't forget about Jet, he is going to get so many open looks because there are so many other weapson and Kidd knows how to play Jet (unlike Doc).

That team is stacked and can withstand injuries at really any position except maybe PG.

Considering Lopez was making corner threes last year, with DW, JJ, PP, KG, BL thats a lethal lineup of shooters with size.

I tend to agree with you more than the original post, although its likely the truth will be somewhere in the middle.  I expect them to finish in a position where they can at least win one playoff series.  After that they would have to beat a very good team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

It'll never work in Brooklyn with this bunch of aging mercenaries....

The big story will be how Deron Williams , Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez DON'T respond and quickly tire of KG's cartoonish vulgarity and overbearing attempts at "leadership". Especially when KG has a season long pass to skip every back to back and ends up playing 58 games. Then KG responds by giving the entire team the Sheldon Williams treatment when he deems them not worthy of his great wisdom. He will average 12 points and 6 rebounds. 

Paul Pierce will fare slightly better (he always does) but not by much. Nagging injuries and an obvious loss of 2 steps on defense will render him innefective as he wears out the front of the rim clanging just short jumpers due to his no lift dead legs. He will average 15 points on 40% shooting and will only score 30 points once in his best game of the season against the Celtics 

Deron Williams will not make it thru the season without running his mouth and his twittering social media habit will be a season long PR disaster. He will complain that Dwight Howard tricked him into signing with the Nets and then went back on his word. 

Jason Kidd will spend the season rubbing his bald head and wondering why he didn't just give Mark Cuban a call for one last minimum wage paycheck in Dallas as the 12th man. He will end up drinking heavily and will be involved in at least one ugly incident in a hotel bar , probably after getting blown out in Minneapolis and Cleveland back to back 

Vladimir Putin will be delighted as he offers his comrade sympathy by mailing him Bob Kraft's ring and again lectures Obama on the folly of American Exceptionalism. Obama will respond by giving a shout out to Derek Rose and announce he's a Chicago Bulls fan so it's not his fault anyway...

The Nets will rally late in the year to win 45 games and make the playoffs but will get swept (to everyone's relief) in the first round.

Danny Ainge will be smirking all the way to draft night when he packages the Net's pick (#18) , the Celtics pick (#12) and the $10.3M trade exception to move up to #5 and land Marcus Smart.

Justice prevails....

Not sure I totally agree but well written! I think JK and the hotel bar may just happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also,

After Paul's recent interiew with Gary Washburn, its hard not to root for the Black&White. Hoping for Paul to get another championship, he and Kevin deserve to get two.

I think its as clear cut as its ever been. EC Semi's will be Miami vs. Brooklyn & Indianna vs. Chicago

(baring injury or something miraculous)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

Also,

After Paul's recent interiew with Gary Washburn, its hard not to root for the Black&White. Hoping for Paul to get another championship, he and Kevin deserve to get two.

I think its as clear cut as its ever been. EC Semi's will be Miami vs. Brooklyn & Indianna vs. Chicago

R9R, you are amazingly transparent. You are not a Boston Celtics fan. You are a Boston Celtics player, both present and past, GROUPIE. You fall in love with the players and your fandom is not truly for the team/organization. You are cheering for the players WHO USED TO BE CELTICS now. Damn, what a little girl you are. It is so obvious why you are here. Who's next to be worshipped by R9R? Have fun watching YOUR BROOKLYN NETS! I hope they lose 82-games this year. They are in our div/conf you soft little fool............OOOOps! I hope I didn't make you cry.........

[/QUOTE]

It's APPARENT that you have serious mental issues.

I'll root for Paul and Kevin because they clearly are and always will be Celtic greats. I wasn't rooting for Ray in the Finals ... nor would I ever root against the Celtics.

If it came down to Celtics v. Nets, its quite clear that real fans will be rooting for the Green.

You on the other hand are in cahoots with a gang of nitwits who hate on Celtic players, coaching staff and front office. I guess you have a strict loyalty to the logo? Is that it? You root for the word Celtic, but nothing that current constitutes the actual basket ball team? Because that makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Paul Pierce is a Celtic great.  KG is a Timberwolf we had on loan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also,

R9R, you are amazingly transparent. You are not a Boston Celtics fan. You are a Boston Celtics player, both present and past, GROUPIE. You fall in love with the players and your fandom is not truly for the team/organization. You are cheering for the players WHO USED TO BE CELTICS now. Damn, what a little girl you are. It is so obvious why you are here. Who's next to be worshipped by R9R? Have fun watching YOUR BROOKLYN NETS! I hope they lose 82-games this year. They are in our div/conf you soft little fool............OOOOps! I hope I didn't make you cry.........

[/QUOTE]

It's APPARENT that you have serious mental issues.

I'll root for Paul and Kevin because they clearly are and always will be Celtic greats. I wasn't rooting for Ray in the Finals ... nor would I ever root against the Celtics.

If it came down to Celtics v. Nets, its quite clear that real fans will be rooting for the Green.

You on the other hand are in cahoots with a gang of nitwits who hate on Celtic players, coaching staff and front office. I guess you have a strict loyalty to the logo? Is that it? You root for the word Celtic, but nothing that current constitutes the actual basket ball team? Because that makes sense.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't hate on ANY Celtics players. I also don't allow my perspective to be clouded by a love for any particular player on the TEAM. I see the truth with my own eyes and do not make excuses for their failure. I am happy to see the old guard move on, as it has been time for them to go for two years+ now. I anticipate the same is in store for your namesake before too much longer. I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR THE LONG TERM SUCCESS OF MY FAVORITE TEAM, not what is best for my favorite player/players. See, I don't even have a favorite player. That is for little boys and GROUPIES. I love the Boston Celtics for their history, tradition, and the fact they are my home town team. I admire those players who display a championship style TEAM attitude and those who excell at leadership, NO MATTER HOW COOL THEIR SHOE's at the NIKE Store are. Grow up, little man. And so you know, WE ALL think that YOU are the one who is in cahoots with a gang of nitwits who are in love with Celtics players. Please, grow up, then post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Also,

Precisely my sentiments.  If anything, I am wishing for a high LA Clippers draft pick, even though that is a remote possibility.  I want the Nets to win it all.  Would be great to see Paul and KG win another one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I can see Brooklyn struggling because they ae a bunch of mismatched parts. First of all, for leadership to take place, some have to play the role of listeners!Sealed KG can still be an awesome leader but will it be compatible with the desires/needs of Williams, Lopez, Johnson, etc.? Remember, KG came to Boston because he liked Pierce and Allen was coming. 
    It will be different in Brooklyn since Williams, Lopez and Johnson may see themselves as the stars and ask why the "role players", i.e., KG and PP are taking over the leadership roles. Remember, these guys got Avery Johnson fired. I will admit it if I turn out to be wrong but I wonder how much Williams and others will sacrifice personal stats for wins.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:

RallyC is correct.... The rest of the Rondo Youth Brigade is in for a HUGE letdown....

Whuddddduuuuuup! NYJsSuc?! Missed ya!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

We can dream ...

I agree with you. This Nets team is going to be awesome. IMO they are the best team in the East (League).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

[QUOTE]

We can dream ...

I agree with you. This Nets team is going to be awesome. IMO they are the best team in the East (League).

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. To me, that is team that is:

A. Skilled

B. Deep

C. Hungry

Unless Deron or Brook succumb to injury (that is their two weakest positions), I think they finish top 4 and have a slot at the finals. 

Seriously, they have (everything we don't)

Size: (DWill @ 6'3, JJ @ 6'7, Kirlenko @ 6'9, KG @ 6.11 1/2, Lopez @ 7'0)

Scoring: (Career point averages of DW, JJ, PP, JT, KG, AK, KG = 102)

Range from deep: (PP=.37; JT =.38; DW=.36; JJ=.37; AK =.31)

Rebounding: Evans, Lopez, KG ...

I think DW, JJ, PP, KG, BL could be the best lineup in the NBA. In the playoffs a deadly 9 man roation if you add Jet, Kirlenko, Evans, Blatche ... plus injury depth with Taylor, Plumlee and Stackhouse.

Knowing Paul & Kevin, my money is on Brooklyn this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

As for me guys, I've got buyers remorse. Wish KG and Pierce were still on the Celtics roster(they will always be Celtics at heart).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The are deep In every position except point.  They have plenty of guys who can make plays out of other positions....pp being one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We can dream ...

Now that Lopez has shifted  into the backcourt, who will start at center for the Nets?