Brooklyn Nets Set For Historic Disaster.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Brooklyn Nets Set For Historic Disaster.....

KG!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Or it could be that everyone subjugates his ego for what could be 1-2 years of a decent chance to unseat Miami and get to the finals.  I'm guessing KG and PP have enough smarts to realise that they are complementary pieces and that they will be glorified role players.  Pierce will get the key baskets, KG will be able to play the 4 or 5 and bring a hard nosed approach to the defensive end while using his limited minutes to own the glass and score when need be. 

I see KG and PP as a good thing for Brooklyn.  But we'll see how it all comes together.  There is talent on that squad, albeit older talent, and they just may buy into the championship-or-bust mentailty. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The history ratio of injury to age might affect this team to a large extent.  Lopez, while relatively young has had problems with his foot (oh no, Mr. Bill!), Deron Williams' injuries are well-documented (ankles in 2012, wrist in 2011, ankle again in 2012, a knee last April, and an off-season ankle sprain this summer) as well as his need for a certain "playing style"  http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8756203/deron-williams-brooklyn-nets-says-not-same-trade-utah-jazz.  Pierce and Garnett are always scruitnized for age-related injuries and ineffectiveness, though I'd still would have liked them here.  There may be some strange lineups in the making for the Nets if things go south, and I would be reticent to crown them the best in the East right now.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Nets have a strong team on paper and I have no doubt they will excel especially in the first two thirds of the season.  In the playoffs however, their age will inevitably show.  If healthy and their bench proves strong, they can beat anybody in the NBA except Indiana, who I believe will beat the Warriors in the finals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

We can dream ...

But back to reality. That Brooklyn team will be f*ing good. Like, really really good. Paul and KG are pro's pros. Lopez is exactly what Kevin needs in the backcourt and vice versa. Deron is a twerp but he's at that point in his career where he really needs to win something to ever have a legacy.  Kirlenko will allow Pierce to really focus on scoring and give him needed rest. Don't forget about Jet, he is going to get so many open looks because there are so many other weapson and Kidd knows how to play Jet (unlike Doc).

That team is stacked and can withstand injuries at really any position except maybe PG.

Considering Lopez was making corner threes last year, with DW, JJ, PP, KG, BL thats a lethal lineup of shooters with size.

Now that Lopez has shifted  into the backcourt, who will start at center for the Nets?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Deron Williams?  Depends upon the perspective.  On defense, Lopez will be in the back and Williams will be up front.  On offense the positions will be reversed.  It is very confusing really.  Back becomes front when you turn back.  I can understand the mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We can dream ...

But back to reality. That Brooklyn team will be f*ing good. Like, really really good. Paul and KG are pro's pros. Lopez is exactly what Kevin needs in the backcourt and vice versa. Deron is a twerp but he's at that point in his career where he really needs to win something to ever have a legacy.  Kirlenko will allow Pierce to really focus on scoring and give him needed rest. Don't forget about Jet, he is going to get so many open looks because there are so many other weapson and Kidd knows how to play Jet (unlike Doc).

That team is stacked and can withstand injuries at really any position except maybe PG.

Considering Lopez was making corner threes last year, with DW, JJ, PP, KG, BL thats a lethal lineup of shooters with size.

Now that Lopez has shifted  into the backcourt, who will start at center for the Nets?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Deron Williams?  Depends upon the perspective.  On defense, Lopez will be in the back and Williams will be up front.  On offense the positions will be reversed.  It is very confusing really.  Back becomes front when you turn back.  I can understand the mistake.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the difference, but on my tablet this sheet is so fing hard to make edits to post that I said skrew it!

My point is beyond valid though. Does everyone forget about how much better a team we were when KG was on the floor and how horrible we were when he wasn't?

I know he's older now, but imagine if Perk had the kind of skill & talent that Lopez does.

IMO, in the East:

Hibbert>Noah>Lopez>Bosh>Chandler

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We can dream ...

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the difference, but on my tablet this sheet is so fing hard to make edits to post that I said skrew it!

My point is beyond valid though. Does everyone forget about how much better a team we were when KG was on the floor and how horrible we were when he wasn't?

I know he's older now, but imagine if Perk had the kind of skill & talent that Lopez does.

IMO, in the East:

Hibbert>Noah>Lopez>Bosh>Chandler

[/QUOTE]

Nah!  Not buying the excuse.  You have to do better.  What really happened there?