Buggin me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Buggin me

Last night against the Blazers we have a 16 point lead with only 5 minutes to go.  How the heck did it become a ONe POINT game?

Why our 4th quarters always wind up like this is beyond me. No lead seems safe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Buggin me

Same ol story. We start taking the ball out of Rondo's hand (because of his FT%), guys start over passing, refs start calling more fouls. They like drama.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Buggin me:
    [QUOTE]Same ol story. We start taking the ball out of Rondo's hand (because of his FT%), guys start over passing, refs start calling more fouls. They like drama.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I just watched the 16 pt lead dissappear again from DVR.   It was more we couldn't make a shot than anything.    The ball was in Rondo's hands to initiate the offense for most of the time when I lead went away.   We had 1 or 2 to's and Ray missed 2 or 3 shots, PP one shot, KG 1 or 2 shots.  The other part of that is we didn't get any stops.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No lead is safe in the NBA. The Celtics haven't lost a game yet, this season, when they were up by 16 points in the 4th qtr. What's important is the Cs get the win.

Give credit where credit is due, a Nate McMillan coached team never quits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We lost that 16 point lead for one reason only.  We played NO defense.  Portland scored every time they had the ball and oftentimes uncontested.  The game isn't close if we played defense during that stretch, whether or not we scored.

I love Rondo's game but I get so frustrated watching him "wave" opposing guards to easy uncontested baskets.  This guy just decides at times that he just doesn't want to play defense.  He does not stick to his man, he is very slow off the pick and roll, is easily beaten with one move and doesn't work to recover after being beaten.  But he loves that steal attempt from behind that isn't as effective as he thinks.

I say this because, TO ME, Rondo is our leader.  He is what makes this team go, offensively and defensively.  Neither Rondo or Miller played great in the first half.  But when Miller came out aggressive in the 2nd half, Rondo had no answer.  Rondo even guarded Rudy Fernandez and went UNDER picks and let Rudy hit 2 3-pointers.  Rondo's defense is needed so much more in crunchtime.

At least Ray works hard to check his man.  Wesley Matthews was simply hot yesterday and there wasn't much Ray could do.  Quis had his back though.

Our offense usually goes into a drought but if we're playing lockdown defense, it doesn't matter.  Yesterday Portland ran us in the 4th and almost made a miraculous comback.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What bothered me from the game's start was that Matthews or whoever wanted an open 3 was able to get one for most of the game especially the 1st and 4th periods. This is an ongoing problem with the defense and needs to be addressed or we will have trouble with the Orlando's as well.  Pierce and Ray seem to be the ones caught out of position the most on these plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Buggin me:
    [QUOTE]Last night against the Blazers we have a 16 point lead with only 5 minutes to go.  How the heck did it become a ONe POINT game? Why our 4th quarters always wind up like this is beyond me. No lead seems safe.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

um.... if Portland had its starting or back up center the Cs would not have been in the game.... so don't worry about what happens in the 4th quarter.... just be content that they can continue to pile up wins against Brockton High Shcool, Bridgewater State, UMass, and Dartmouth......  please don't talk to me about how the Cs would be playing if they had their starting center - Perk is not anywhere near the player Shaq is even at Shaq's advanced age.

Barely beat the Knicks, 3 Overtimes, barely beat Portland without 2 of their top 5 players.......

Don't get me wrong, I think the Cs represent the east in the finals assuming they are healthy but as long as you have a point guard and a center that cannot contribute in the 4th quarter and or the half court set, you reap what you sow...... there is a reason that Rondo makes only about two thirds of what the best point guards make - you get what you pay for.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Sporting News just ranked the top 50 players in the league....Rondo went from #38 last year to #16 this year...I believe he was ranked #4 for point guards...one player ahead of him was Nash....so he would probably go to #3 all things being equal in a year or so...he keeps improving every year....he does need to work on the free throws...that is a mental thing.....Celtics had the most ranked players (5)....Lakers had two top 10....that sounds about right...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...to follow up....I was surprised to see Bynum on the list with all the time he misses,,,,and the fact that he has never played in the all star game(?)...he is up from #50 to #41.........but ranked behind Shaq (#35)........that is interesting....5 Celtics in the top 35...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]Sporting News just ranked the top 50 players in the league....Rondo went from #38 last year to #16 this year...I believe he was ranked #4 for point guards...one player ahead of him was Nash....so he would probably go to #3 all things being equal in a year or so...he keeps improving every year....he does need to work on the free throws...that is a mental thing.....Celtics had the most ranked players (5)....Lakers had two top 10....that sounds about right...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    I think this publication is 1 year behind at best, at worst - it's just garbage.
    Look for the rating of KG: when he was better last year dragging the one leg or this yearflying for 2-3 aley-oops a game. Look at Shaq's rating: now he's playing like he's 30 years old, not 38. I didn't notice that last year, though he was 37.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]there is a reason that Rondo makes only about two thirds of what the best point guards make - you get what you pay for.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I had to laugh.  When Rondo signed his long term contract last year, one of the very happy posters here commented that Rondo was a real bargain and we should be glad he can't shoot... because if he could, he would have signed for a whole lot more $$$$.

I thought to myself.... that is soooooo true!

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree with the poster about Rondo being loose on defense. Watch rONDO and compare him to Nate when they are both being run off picks.  Rondo rarely fights thru and is basically a non factor... Nate fights his way thru most of the time and recovers fast if he doesnt.

Rondo too in love with the swipes from behind. Costs us. Theres a time and place for it but not when we have a decent lead... risk/reward not there. 

Other thing is our offense starts disappearing in the 4th. I wonder how all our 4th quarters this season compare to quarters 1-3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, it's ironic that the central reason Boston actually came back in that game was because of better 3rd quarter defense. 

Defense breeds offense.  Even on possessions where Boston didn't score during that stretch, they held on D.  Then the fourth quarter hit, and so did the lackadaisical approach to defense.