Bulls, Heat, Lakers own Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bulls, Heat, Lakers own Rondo

These three teams have figured out how to stop Rondo and use his weakness to defeat the Celts.  Rondo is at a loss on how to create offense against them and when Doc puts West in he for some unkown reason leaves Rondo in the game and we still look like dung.  Rondo is a good point, he is great against the weaker teams but if you think he will lead us to a title this year, good luck.  Our second outstanding problem is hunger, the teams we play are much more aggressive than we are and they get the rebounds.  We have a shot this year and mabey a small window next year. After that, unless Rondo develops a jumper that he has confidence in , it will be long years again.  Thanks to Danny and the big three for some wonderful years, even now it is great to watch, because you know be always have a chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Bulls, Heat, Lakers own Rondo

The Heat, the Bulls shut him down for one game.  Rondo destroyed these teams in earlier games this season.   He blew the Lakers of the court in the game in Los Angeles. I get your point though since the trade Rondo has seemed unable to keep the game going at his former breakneck pace.  Is it mental, physical or insubordination? We will find at some point but not now it is a mystery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The Heat have shut down Rondo once and that is likely more due to the game plan that we drew up as the focus today wasn't on Rondo attacking.

3-1 series lead goes to the Celtics. The Celtics lost one game today and that means the Heat are better? Really?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo says he will have the team ready when the playoffs start and that is good enough for me.  I don't recognize any names on this site that were here five years ago.  And two years after the big three are gone this bunch may be gone also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sorry folks. Those of you looking for Rajon Rondo to lead us to the promised land this year and whistling Dixie. He is at best a mediocre PG. Yes, I will agree that he is very fast, passes well, and rebounds well. However those attributes are overshadowed by two glaring weaknesses: he has no jumpshot and is not a threat to score at all from the outside, and he cannot shoot free throws. He gets two A's in passing and rebounding, and two F's in shooting and FT shooting. Average score for Rajon Rondo: C. That equals mediocre in my book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottybass. Show scottybass's posts

a 3-1 regular season record doesn't mean squat once the playoffs start. Just ask Mr Kidd, K Mart, Kittles, RJ and the rest of the 01-02 Nets...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

maryngary - I'm glad you're still here.Smile

Rondo is our point guard, love him or not, he's what we've got. I'm expecting him and the rest of the team to be ready when the real games begin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Bulls, Heat, Lakers own Rondo:
    [QUOTE]These three teams have figured out how to stop Rondo and use his weakness to defeat the Celts.  Rondo is at a loss on how to create offense against them and when Doc puts West in he for some unkown reason leaves Rondo in the game and we still look like dung.  Rondo is a good point, he is great against the weaker teams but if you think he will lead us to a title this year, good luck.  Our second outstanding problem is hunger, the teams we play are much more aggressive than we are and they get the rebounds.  We have a shot this year and mabey a small window next year. After that, unless Rondo develops a jumper that he has confidence in , it will be long years again.  Thanks to Danny and the big three for some wonderful years, even now it is great to watch, because you know be always have a chance.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

I have read for years how Rondo is an elite point guard and it has always lead me to several simple questions:

-1- if he is a pass first point guard why does he not average 20 assists per game OR in this year not even lead the league. 

-2- Derick Rose go 10 for 10 from the line last night but Rondo probably has not made 10 free throws since the all-star game....  Rose 39 points, 10 of 10 from the line.... did not even look at Westbrook's line last night but his team extended the Lakers winning streak

-3- Why does Rondo average fewer points than assits on a team that simply cannot score?  May be because he is afraid to shoot, cannot shoot, cannot get to the line because he is afraid and he is the worst shooter, certainly the worst free throw shooter, and obviously the worst 3 point shooter in the league at his position.

-4-  If he is a pass first point guard and cannot lead the league in assists, is the worst shooter in the league, worst free throw shooter in the league, can spell the names of all the point guards in the league by repeatedly seeing their names on the backs of their jerseys, and cannot create his own shot and is not willing to take shots..... WHY ON EARTH DO I HAVE TO KEEP READING THAT HE IS AN ELITE POINT GUARD.

It has nothing to do with Chicago, Miami, and LA... it has to do with Rondo being a very limited player who is exposed whenever his team plays against teams that happen to have very good young athletic players and contenders.

At some point and probably soon... the rest of you will be able to finally come on board... some won't because their pride will get in the way... some periodically do when they see that he has a normal game but call it a bad game and then when he has a game that happens night in and night out throughout the league Rondo has a similar night it is the greatest game ever had blah blah blah....

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF READING ABOUT HOW HE DOES NOT HAVE TO SCORE BECAUSE THEY HAVE PLENTY OF SCORING when he goes out and shoots 3 for 14 completely unguarded, no 3s, no free throws and 9 assists and they score 82 points.......... plenty of scoring????? Last night Rose had 39 points and made all 10 of his freebies, not sure if Rondo has even dared to take 10 freebies this month.......

Rondo cost them number 18 last year and has yet to step up his game in any area at all to catapult himself into elite status as far as I am concerned.

Fewer points than assists but not leading the league in assists on a team that really struggles to score........   Elite...... another depends just bit the dust....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls, Heat, Lakers own Rondo:
    [QUOTE]The Heat have shut down Rondo once and that is likely more due to the game plan that we drew up as the focus today wasn't on Rondo attacking. 3-1 series lead goes to the Celtics. The Celtics lost one game today and that means the Heat are better? Really?
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]
    to qoute the matrix

"it was inevitable, mr. anderson"